The Batman

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Davies

The Batman

Post by Davies »

Saw it this afternoon.
Spoiler
After so many action movies that I thought were too fast-moving, it's interesting to watch one that I think is too slow and ponderous. It's not as bad as I expected it to be, but far from great. That said, I thought all the actors involved were really giving it their all, with a special distinction for Colin Farrell's amazing take on the Penguin. I especially like his last scene, where in contrast to what the mayor is saying about the underworld exploiting the disaster, he just looks more apprehensive about this brave new world that he's inherited than anything else.

I also give the filmmakers points for not showing the Wayne murders yet again, despite their importance to the plot, and for preserving their ambiguity. But I really can't stand that they brought HIM into this already crowded film ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Libra X

Re: The Batman

Post by Libra X »

I’m not going to lie, the only thing that could make me enjoy Mr Farrell’s take on the old bird any more would be one or two hints that the character is STILL a posh boy, but in this timeline he’s a posh boy trying to pass himself off as the “goombah of goombahs” (Hence his OTT persona).