[IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ioncrad

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by Ioncrad »

Gunmir
HP: 2
Focused
Gunmir summons magical power from within and fires off a Prismatic Blast at the zombie in a tuxedo. The blast of energy is a rainbow colored beam of light. Firing from his position of leverage within the air.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gunmir

The prismatic blast strikes true, but seemingly to no effect, the bright energy dimming rapidly as it strikes him. The tuxedoed zombie raises his head to the air, and then bows, doffing his top-hat, revealing a grey-skinned had with small patches of scraggly hair. Rising again, he speaks in a booming sepulchral voice.
"Ah, I was worried I would lack an audience." He turns to his zombie minions, who have been clapping mindlessly. "Now that I have that, I have no real need for you stooges to fill in. Perhaps you can go and... entertain the crowd. I'm sure they're absolutely dying to meet you."

Looking back up at Gunmir, he begins to wave his hands around, wisps of darkness trailing around them.
OOC wrote:That will hit. Unfortunately, Toughness: 1D20+16 = [11]+16 = 27 means no damage.

Can I get you to roll initiative? (GM rolls)
War: 25
Zombies: 18
Born Loser: 17
Sandstone: 17
Gunmir: 8
Abracadaver: 6

I'll slot Abracadaver's actual action in when it's his turn.
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

Name: Aeon
Hp: 2
Condition:

After heading into the bathroom, and closing and locking the door (if it's that kind of bathroom), Aeon takes a deep breath, and starts mumbling a chant "Bythos hear my call, may the depths of your soul be the door to beyond, may the door to the beyond open for me!" As Aeon also starts to make hand gestures to part the small space in front of him (using horizon gate, teleporting to his home), and jumps through. After he rubs his head "ahh, great, just great, could this day get ANY worse!"
OOC wrote:I would like to use hero point to "edit the scene", In this case to make it so the living room TV is on the news channel and just starts talking about the villains and how Gunmir is fighting them.[/OOC]
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Aeon

As Aeon steps out of the portal, his living room TV is on — he must have forgotten to turn it off when he headed down to the bank earlier that day — is playing. The scene on the screen shows multiple fallen bodies, including both people in colorful costumes and at least a dozen police officers, with other officers holding back bystanders with erected barricades.

Within the space of the barricades, in front of an unassuming brownstone which your eyes immediately skip off of to the action, there's a cadaverous figure in a tuxedo who is currently waving energetically at the sky with the camera panning up to show a draconic figure wreathed in rainbow light before it pans back over to several bystanders bound in what looks to be stage magic props with half a dozen zombies slowly turning form where they were facing the figure in the tuxedo to instead lurch toward the barricades. Frantic firing from the police into the zombies doesn't seem to be slowing them more than their own shambling walk. The camera pans again to where an eight-foot tall woman is being circled by vaguely monstrous bikers swinging weapons around their head. As you watch, the one in a spiked-helmet wielding an axe misses before zooming past her. As she turns to track him, the other biker, who is sporting a guitar across his back, pulses a sickly yellow light, and you see the sandwoman waver before swinging one arm forward and having it stretch almost impossibly far, tagging the biker with an axe and causing him to swerve. A frantic voice that sounds less reporter and more panicked bystander shouts that several of the fallen figures on the ground look like their flesh is melting off of them leaving them looking emaciated.

That's all that you see before the area goes entirely dark with panicked commentary indicating that this is not an equipment failure, but rather that some omnipresent darkness has swallowed up the area.
OOC wrote:That's no issue. Roll initiative when you arrive, which you can do on round 2.

Quickly running through Round 1 for the villains: War moves in and attacks Sandstone with his axe. Attack (Sandstone): 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18 will miss. He will continue past her to outside of her regular melee range.
The Zombies hold their action until they receive further commands.
The Born Loser will use his Hunger power, excepting War from its effects. Gunmir is currently too high up for it to affect him, leaving the only applicable target (the zombies and Abracadaver being Fort-immune) being Sandstone and random unnamed unconscious villains.
Dodge / Fortitude: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15; 1D20+12 = [6]+12 = 18 will leave Sandstone Fatigued with the effect possibly getting worse due to Progressive. Born Loser uses his Move action to move outside of melee range.
Sandstone will use her Elongation to attempt to tag War. Attack roll (Sand Strike): 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24 will hit for DC 25. Toughness: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13 means he fails by three degrees, and gains 1 Bruise and is Staggered. I'm going to have him make a DC 15 Vehicles check to stay on his bike. Vehicles: 1D20+12 = [10]+12 = 22 has him stay on pretty readily. Sandstone rolls to recover from the Affliction, Fortitude (Affliction): 1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27 means she's shaken it off.

Gunmir's attack fails to do damage.

Abracadaver uses his Dead of Night Obscure ability to eliminate all visual site within a 60 foot radius of him. He then uses his Move action to command the zombies.

Round 2 begins. Aeon can't beat War's roll, so he'll act, doing a Charge attack against Sandstone. Not the brightest of moves, but he's not the brightest of fellows. Sandstone has Full Concealment, which imposes a -5 on the attack in addition to the -2 from the Charge, but he's also doing All Out Attack 5. Attack roll (AoA 5, Full Concealment, Charge): 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11 will miss.

Round 2
War: 25 (Bruised, Staggered)
-- Current point --
Sandstone: 17 (Fatigued)
Aeon: ?

As a side note, due to his Olfactory sense, Gunmir is aware of where everyone in the sphere of darkness is located.
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

Hp: 2
Condition:

OOC wrote: Roll of 15 for initiative
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=257092
Oh, also I presume I'm not head on attacking the sandstone guy when I'm not even there yet. XD
Ioncrad

Post by Ioncrad »

Gunmir
Focused
Gunmir scowls at the zombie and forms a blade out of pure magical energy. "Let the people go, and we can settle our differences the right way."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

The zombies shuffle forward toward the crowd under the cover of darkness, their eerily glowing eyes easily guiding them despite the lack of vision for most. Within the cover of darkness, the other motorcycle rider again flexes his ability, albeit blindly, as he goes by. Under the roaring sound of passing motorcycles, there is the gentle swish of sand as Sandstone collapses into a flow of sand that moves unerringly into the front door of the building and enters.
OOC wrote:The Born Loser attempts to use his Starvation power for a DC 20 Dodge check and DC 20 Fortitude Save. Dodge; Fortitude (Affliction): 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17; 1D20+12 = [19]+12 = 31 means Sandstone takes the full ranks, but makes the save.

Sandstone will attempt to travel in the direction of the front door of the Nerian Nexus. DC 10 Intellect check to get the right direction with each rank of failure decreasing her speed by one. Navigation check: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21 and she passes handily, passing out of vision of all combatants.

Round 2
-- Current point --
Aeon: 15
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

HP: 1
Condition:

Aeon breaths out a long sigh, "It ALWAYS can get worse" as aeon goes to grab his mask to hide his face, he tries to see if the news is showing the address so he can open an horizon gate to the scene.
OOC wrote:
I'm fine If this set of actions requires more then one round to complete.
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

Name: aeon
Conditions:

There's a quiet and mysterious rumble that rapidly becomes a roar. A Crack bellows out from the darkness. "I must apologize for my late arrival." yells aeon "But a star must always be ready to take the show!"
OOC wrote: This is the limit of my turn since horizon gate is extended tp only so I have to use 2 move actions to get here. Here would currently be right next to the camera people since thats the limit of his senses in the darkness.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Aeon

As you teleport on-site, a strange feeling pulls at you at around belly-button level, and you find your destination shifting...
OOC wrote:Can I get a DC 25 Teleport check? If you fail, you find yourself situated on a platform, bound by ropes, in complete darkness, and take a Hero Point.
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

OOC wrote: Sadly Aeon only gets a 5 on the roll (total of 11)
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=257174
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Aeon

With a wrenching feeling, you feel your destination pulled away from you, and find yourself in complete darkness, with slick ropes binding your arms to your sides. To your left, a sepulchral voice speaks.
"Ladies, gentlemen, and that annoying dragon hanging around up there... it seems we have another volunteer. In a moment, you will see him, bound securely in knots firmly tied. Is there a volunteer in the audience who would like to test the ropes?" After a moment, he chuckles raspily. "No, I see there are no such brave souls out there... but do not worry, for he will not live in bondage long. Live, that is... he may be in bondage for longer."
OOC wrote: Take your Hero Point. Consider yourself Defenseless and Immobilized. And yes, this means you can't move your hands for gestures at the moment. You will receive another Hero Point if you're still in your bonds through your next turn.

Round 2
-- Current point --
Ioncrad

Post by Ioncrad »

Gunmir
Focused

Gunmir uses his highly sensitive nose to talk in the direction of Abracadaver. "You have made a grave mistake. I warned you rotten bones." He says as he conjures forth an enigmatic mass of rainbow hypnotic patterns.
OOC wrote:Hypnotic Pattern Casting Check.
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=257187
Also would like to use a hero point to power stunt the power and change the resistance check to dodge instead of will for abracadaver and his zombie friends DC 20 Resistance check.
Last edited by Ioncrad on Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gunmir

As Gunmir shimmers in hypnotic patterns, most of the zombies slowly turn and stare up at him, which might have escaped his nose had it not been that the aura of darkness around the undead suddenly pops like a soap bubble with the zombie magician gesturing at a new figure, who seems to be tied to a pole.
"Ta-da!" the zombies magician says before opening a rictus grin and pointing up at you. "And alakazam as well." A bolt of entropic energy flashes from his finger and stabs into you, chilling you with the cold of the grave. As one of the zombies continues lumbering toward the crowd, the zombie magician frowns and looks at the other undead minions, who are unmoving.
"Well, you just can't get good help anymore," he says, scratching just underneath his tattered top-hat, "Even the dead don't want to work..."
OOC wrote:Rolls
Dodge; Dodge: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18; 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17; 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10
1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14; 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18
1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20; 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3; 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14; 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10

^_^ That leads to five of the six zombies being Compelled by you. Issuing commands is a Move action for every command (although you can give one command to multiple subjects). For Abracadaver, Dodge; Dodge: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23; 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20 means he's not affected.

Abracadaver will switch his Death Magic array to his Dark Bolt and fire it at Gunmir with All-Out-Attack 2. Attack roll (Dark Blast, AoA 2): 1D20+13 = [19]+13 = 32 will hit for a Toughness DC of 26.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

The two figures on motorcycles wheel about, looking for the sand woman they were fighting. One of them points toward the door of the building, and they wheel around again, driving their motorcycles straight through the door. One lone zombie turns from the rest and shuffles toward the zombified magician, clapping its hands above its head in a dumb display of applause as the others are lumbering forward more purposefully.

Almost in reaction to that action, you notice that the people the zombie magician had trapped are suddenly more in peril. One victim, surrounded by flaming rings, has them start to tighten around them, another is being dragged along the ground by tendrils of smoke towards a magician’s hat, and the two trapped inside transparent boxes, their torsos switched between them, being yelling pain.
OOC wrote:War and The Born Loser realize they've lost their quarry, and take a Move action to head toward the entrance of the building and run in.

The one remaining uncontrolled zombie will lurch back toward Abracadaver. That puts the action back to Aeon, who is still bound in place.

There are various possible approaches to rescuing the people in the magic traps from just trying to smash away at the props to attempting to free them by playing into the stage magic. You can suggest how you want to do it and I can give you the skill check and the DC.

Round 2
Zombies x6: 18 (5 Compelled)
-- Current point --
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.