AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping thru the Nexus

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry crouches down, holding his shield out in front of him, and moves quickly and quietly forward using the display cases as cover as he moved towards the sounds of breaking glass.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by kenseido »

All

As you enter the room, you fan out and find people in 3 areas.

One is dressed in a weird sort of scuba suit with a large cape behind him. He is holding a small idol just grabbed from a smashed case.

Another area is men dressed as bikers. One is thin and spindly, and the other is larger, holding a golden axe. They seem to just there breaking stuff.

And finally, there is a tall, pale man dressed in an immaculate, but older style suit. He is holding a spear. Behind him is a woman who appears to be made of sand.

Madame Macabre immediately recognizes the pale man as the infamous Count Dracula!
None of the villains are expecting any heroes, so the hidden scouts have not been seen yet.
You may withdraw and plan something, or engage them. But if you engage any of them, combat starts with all of them.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 3
Cnd: Normal

Speaking in a whisper to Bulwark, Elizabeth speaks in tentative tone. "I'm afraid we're gonna find the seemingly impossible to be possible in this strange place. The tall, distinguished looking gentleman appears to be THE Count Dracula. If we were to fight him in his own lair, I'd say we'd have little chance, but here the odds are more even. Unfortunately, his accomplices won't allow us to focus on just him."
OOC: Is there anything Elizabeth knows about The Count outside of the standard vampiric powers attributed to him? Is he rumored to have any magical abilities
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

Dracula is old and as patient as they come, unless he is seized with blood lust. He did not come here on a whim; he had a definite goal in mind.

And if it's the spear he is carrying, then it's very bad news for the world.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

Stealthy wasn't one of the names usually given to Luke. So, he stayed back to let those who can sneak do the sneaking. He brought up the layer of ice around him just incase all hell broke loose. Dracula being spotted certainly came close. "So, we barge in and try to take them all down?", inquired Luke in a whispered tone.

Barging in against an ancient vampire probably wasn't the best idea, but Luke wasn't a strategist. There was hopefully a better idea or some coordinated initial burst of an attack. He just couldn't think of any right now.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine

Silver Phoenix crept quietly as one would expect and after watching some of the intruders for a few moments she rejoined the group to share what she had witnessed.

Unfortunately she still wasn't well versed in the who's who of supervillains and settled for descriptions of the two bikers she'd observed.

"We could try taking down those seperate from Dracula as quickly and quietly as possible then confront him and his ally directly." The martial artist offered to Bulwark.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

Evelyn pursed her lips into a thin line of silent disapproval when Luke suggested an uncoordinated charge at the opposition. Instead of offering a verbal response she waited for the scouts to return and report on what they had seen. The woman's dark eyes moved between Madame Macabre and Silver Phonoenix as they offered input on the situation. Eventually they settled back on the team's mystic.

"Any recommendations on how to fight a vampire? Is there anything here that would assist us in that regard?"
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[11] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1 (+1 pp)]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:1 CND:
Senses: Radio Sense, Darkvision
EM I/O: Communication
Pattern Array: Targeting
Defensive: Deflective field
Wrist Emitters: Cloak, modulated to let out radio

Zyzzak's voice comes through the commlinks. "Three groups total. One in a scuba-type suit with cape, holding an idol. Another group are bikers lead by a figure with a golden axe. The other is the one Madam described over comms as 'Dracula' perhaps with the spear of Longinus or possibly Rhongomiant. At least, it does not match the descriptions for Gungnir, Gae Bolg, or Tonbogiri, the other spears of legend I have in my mythology database. He is accompanied by a female, primarily silicate in nature."
"Something pithy this way comes."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke

"Is the room separated enough for us to take down one group at a time? Seems to me if Dracula if the wort of them, we either go for him first as we enter or distract him somehow so he doesn't use whatever that spear thing is on us.", chimes in Luke. All of this planning took so long. It was needed, but Luke as just itching to get going.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The three groups aren't "together," but it would be incredibly difficult to take anyone out without the others noticing.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak

"Well, unless directed otherwise, on battle's commencement I will attempt to use my tractor beam to try to wrest the idol from sea-suit-wearer."

Zyzzak says, stating his intentions. He uses the unseen time to aim.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

OOC wrote:I'm going to assume Macabre relays what Kensiedo told us in the OOC thread.
Evelyn waited long enough for Madame Macabre to respond with information about vampires, and to give her impression on the resources they could draw from their environment. Then the AEGIS Captain gave out directions, looking to the three people who had scouted out the room. Or at least the two that weren't concealed by a cloaking system. While she spoke quickly Evelyn maintained an even and poised timber to her voice.

"Phoenix, Shield, and Zyzzak, see if you can catch the pair of bikers by surprise. Try to focus down one target on your initial surprise attack. The rest of us will engage targets of opportunity once you have initiated combat."

OOC wrote:The intent is to let the sneaky people try to get a surprise attack in before we go into a full assault.
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[11] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1 (+1 pp)]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Last edited by Sakuro on Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 3
Cnd: Normal

"Sunlight, a stake through the heart, and religious icons are the 'go-to' options." Elizabeth raises her whisper just loud enough for those nearby to hear her. "But until we try the method, we won't know for sure. At the very least, he must be driven away. We must prevent him from getting the Alternity Atlas with our lives." She paused for a moment before uttering that last sentence, knowing just how big a deal it would be for a fiend such as The Count to possess the object.

"I'll start in on the foul creature immediately, although my attacks maybe little more than a bee-sting at first until I can find something that works." The pale necromancer stands ready, waiting for the leading elements of her team to begin the attack.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak

"Acknowledged. Changing targets. Same tactic." Zyzzak says into comms, aiming at the axe for disarming.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke

Luke looks at the others with eager eyes. "Vampires with magic spears an other powerful magical artifacts, sounds like a party to me. I am ready when you all announce us.", says Luke. In his hand he preps an ice bolt looking at the others.