AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by kenseido »

Einherjar

The cyborgs continue to mindlessly attack their two targets.
Einherjar attack vs Bulwark: 1d20+10 23
Einherjar attack vs Shield: 1d20+10 24
DC23 TOU to both

Cool Luke is up
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 2->1
CND: Ice Cold

Lukes icey exterior holds under the onslaught from Blood Skull. The barrage got to him, but he refused to show it keeping up his veneer of chillness. "Really guys? I think you covered for the rocket enough so how about you just surrender? I'll even let the stupid insults against me slide. Deal? Maybe you need one more reminder just in case.", says Luke. His hand glows an icey blue as another bolt fires from it.
Toughness 13, nope
Toughness 30
Ice blast 18 DC 27 toughness if it hits +/- 2 power attack
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

"Never," Blood Skull says as he evades Luke's blast.
18 misses.

The Shield is up
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Injured 1

Harry grimaces as the reanimated corpse slashes his sleeve with it's knife. He could feel the sharp pain from the hit, but the arm moved without issue. Shallow injury, no damage to the muscles or tendons, bleeding a minimal concern.

The back of his mind noted he'd be back getting another medical examination after this was done, much to his irritation.

Shifting his stance again he dropped the light jabs and shifted back to his preferred combat style, throwing heavier hard strikes with his fists, elbows and knee strikes at the elusive Czarina.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The Shield

Your attack looks to be on target to really do some damage, but a last minute block stops most of the damage.
Czarina TOU save: 1d20+9-1 16
Fiatting, Bx2. Take an HP

Blood Skull

Blood Skull opens up another burst, but he is way off target.
Blood Skull machine pistol attack: 1d20+10 13

Silver Phoenix is up
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Bruised 2
HP: 0 (-1 for re-roll)

"You have adopted these American's habits of making excuses for your failing." Czarina says before she pulls her whip back and circles it behind her before snapping it forward across Silver Phoenix, again ripping through her uniform and leaving another gash behind. She smiles sadistically at her handiwork.

This doesn’t stop the martial artist though; she quickly responds by channeling her chi into her fist and guiding it towards the chest of her opponent. “I freely admit my failings and learn from them Czarina, can you say the same?”

OOC wrote:Toughness Check vs DC 25: _: 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13, nope. Re-rolling that.
Re-Rolled Toughness Check vs DC 25: _: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12, and with the re-roll bonus that’ll be a 22 total so another Bruise.

Phoenix's Fiery Claw Attack: _: 1D20+12 = [19]+12 = 31. So that’d be a Toughness DC 28 thanks to 2 ranks of Improved Critical.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Silver Phoenix

Any response is immediately cutoff by your shot hitting on the "button" and knocking her out.
Czarina TOU save: 1d20+9-2 8
Out

Bulwark is up
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Injured 1

Harry watches Czarina hit the ground.

With a small smile he bows his head in respect to Silver Phoenix. The whole thing lasts only a second, blink and you'd miss it, and he turns his full attention back to the fight still underway, plotting his new course.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 2 - 1 = 1
Cnd: -1 dmg res.

The cyberzombie made it's attack, Evelyn moved to block, using his forearm to check the blow. The corpse creature managed to slip past her guard, however, and the blade plunged through her uniform only to clank against the metal coating her skin. Taking hold of the cyber zombie's arm she held it, trying to keep it over extended, off balance, and exposed long enough for her to drive a metal spike growing from her knee into it's abdomen.
OOC wrote:Toughness check: DC 23 TOugh: 1D20+11 = [1]+11 = 12
Spending 1 HP to re-roll: DC 23 TOugh: 1D20+11 = [19]+11 = 30

Attacking the Einherjar: Attack Einherjar. Accurate Attack -2 Dmg/+2 Atk: 1D20+10 = [11]+10 = 21
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[11] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1 (+1 pp)]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

The cyborg is able to spin out of Bulwark's grip and avoid the knee-spike.
21 is a miss.

Zyzzak is up
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:1 LP:0 CND: Presumably Rested and Healed
Scanners: Senses; Vision Gains Penetration, extended
Pattern Array:Enhanced Targeting system
Defensive: Repulsion Defensive Field
Wrist Emitters: Tractor beam

Zyzzak flies up to get a better angle of attack and attempts to restrict the Cyborg attacking Shield with his tractor beam.
attack PA2: 1d20+12-2 25
rank10 Grapple
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

The cyborg is able to shake out of your tractor beam.
Einherjar STR check: 1d20+7 26

Madame Macabre is up
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 1
Cnd: Normal
OOC: Ok, since we are being allowed to finish the remainder of the baddies with narrative, I assume that means we can pick an opponent to attack and automatically hit them. I'm not sure if this means we also get to narrate the effect, but I'll take the liberty to do so for the sake of speed. If I'm wrong, then I'll edit my post.
Elizabeth watches Silver Pheonix's powerful punch out of the corner of her eye. As Czarina hits the ground, the black-clad necromancer looks to Blood Skull and utters "You will join her."

Focusing acutely on Blood Skull, her pale, bony fingers move about as she mouths another incantation. Once again an ominous black substance emanates from her hands and envelopes Blood Skull, turning living tissue into dead flesh. The brute staggers to one side, struggling to stand before he collapses to the ground unconscious.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

The cyborg came it with it's knife strike again. This time Evelyn caught the corpse' arm, flipped it over her shoulder, and then brought the heel of her metal clad foot down on it's chin, Forcing it's head to turn until something snapped inside. When her opponent went limp she let go of the arm, which flopped to the floor. Cuts and dents in her metal cladding reshaped, smoothing out, as the woman panned her eyes over the room to take stock of her companions and the felled foes. She didn't waste time in encasing the cyborgs in metal, then binding the limps of the unconscious villains with metal that she manipulated into forming restraints fit for each for them. The AGEIS officer didn't move much. It was the metal that was in motion, not her.

"Zyzzak see if you can find anything that will help us track the remainder of the Horde. Luke, watch his back and update the police. Shield and Phoenix, try to wrangle the non-combatants. Madame Macabre and I will secure the prisoners. Maybe she can get something from the cyborg corpses as well."
OOC wrote:After combat ends Evelyn will briefly switch to her Heal and patch up her armoring. Then Create long enough to secure the prisoners and cover the cyborgs up so that if they do explode, they metal barrier takes the hit.
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[11] - Str Based Damage 11 [Flaws: Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Variable Descriptor "Metal Weaponry" 1 (+1 pp)]
[07] - Flight 8 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

Cool guys don't look at explosions. Cool Luke doesn't waste time looking over fallen foes. He simply nods at the instructions and pulls out his phone while watching the aliens six calling the a cute red headed detective he got the number of recently. "So, told you I'd give you a few leads here and there over a few pints. That wasn't just a pickup line. I'm a man of my word. Got a mess of bad guys who work for the Horde out in the desert under some fake petrol station. Some might have been forced to work here, so might have some other crimes solved if you can get the cops out here.", starts Luke speaking into the phone.

"We'll secure the scene, just incase they decide to go blowing things up again. Might be a lot here.", adds Luke before smiling after the woman says something over the phone in a voice too low to broadcast from the phone for others of normal hearing to hear.

Turning to Zyzzak, Luke keeps an eye on what he's up to.