The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Current Condition: Fine

*I think we might have missed something at the, what do you call it?* she texts, continuing to stroke the cat. *Railway station!*

*We should probably investigate...*
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Is the place you are talking about that building there behind me?" Lilly asks the cat, no showing herself to anyone in it, but doing her best to indicate to her which building she is talking about.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Bear in mind, we are talking about a cat's perspective. It might be innocent and they just don't understand it." She reminded the other girl.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The cat nods. " Yes, that is the one."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

*That is possible,*" admits Lilly by text. *But she is pointing out the building Adeleth spotted, so I would suspect it may not be entirely innocent!*

"Thank you," she tells the cat, stroking her some more.
Last edited by Tony Jones on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Ah. Then two points of correlation are suspicious, three points are a conspiracy aye?" She texted back, while showing Viv and Adeleth the conversation.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The cat purrs and enjoys the attention some more before turning around. Looking back, she says, " Be careful. Something is afoot. Bastet be with you."
With that, it hurries out of sight.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

"Thank you!" Lilly tells the cat as she goes away. "You also be careful!"

"Thank you for any help you can give us, also, Bastet!" she says to the air. Well, you never know...

*Even the cat knows something is afoot!* she texts to the others. *I shall return so we can discuss this further...*

And with that she discretely teleports back to the hotel to meet up with everyone else.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl is uncharacteristically sober as she listens to Lilly's full report. The darksider, plus the guys in the warehouse, plus everything else painted a rather "interesting time" of it if they didn't do something about it.

"I dunno about the rest of you, but we may have to postpone our meeting with the 'wolves and deal with this first. I hate having bad-guys breathing down my neck. Especially when I know I can stop them from sticking a knife into me now. As a wise man said, enemy action is only possible if you don't stop it from happening in the first place." she sighed.

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv was quiet for a bit, obviously deep in thought. "It doesn't sound like they are about to go right into the old ultraviolence- it sounds like they are still in the watching and planning phase of whatever operation they are working on. I think we ought to go take care of our meeting, and let our hosts know about these new factors, maybe even see if we can get them to delay their meeting for a day or two, while we poke around this other matter... Though I'm not terribly keen on having these new people spying on us while we're conducting our business- If anyone has a good idea how to drone-proof our meeting, speak up. Once we have conducted the meeting, though, we out to see if we can figure out who these "not people" are, and why they are hanging out around the railway station. Maybe we can even work with the local authorities a bit, see if we can interfere with these mysterious outsiders a bit, put them off their stride." She paused, looking around at the others. "Unfortunately we are not a particularly combat-focused team- we don't want to jump on these people if they are more than we can handle. We need to be a bit more subtle in our endeavors..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"We don't even know if the local police have been compromised." Amy ventured. "I hate not being able to do anything.... But tipping them off too early that we know may be just as bad right? We could be screwing something up if we barge in, maybe. Foresight isn't and has never been one of my powers." she sighed. "But I can see lots of things going wrong if we don't do something and lots of things going wrong if we do something without a plan." she sighed. "You're right though Viv. Going higgly-pigly into a situation blind isn't a good idea. "

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

"Well, I can certainly make it so no one else can hear us," comments Lilly. "Perhaps if we go somewhere and close the curtains? Or underground if they might be able to see us even then? Or perhaps just teleport us all away to some random location? Hopefully they would not be able to track me if I did that. Assuming our hosts were willing to put themselves into our hands that way of course."

"We should certainly tell the Ministry about this new group, and the 'not people' as well. And I am more than happy to go listen in on that group some more. Find out what they are doing."

"Though also..." She closes her eyes and tilts her head to one side, concentrating on her hearing and in particular trying to listen for anything mechanical moving about in the sky...

[OOC: Routine Perception check of 26 with Accurate Hearing, Extended Hearing – 1, Ultra-Hearing and Hearing Penetrates Concealment (Concentration, Distracting). If she can hear through things she thinks she might be able to hear a drone flying even if it cloaking in some manner...]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I think we have to bring our sponsors up to date as well. We should go to the meeting as scheduled and do whatever we can to foil any eavesdropping." Adeleth says.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I don't... I don't like it at all, but I think nobody here does either." she said and took a calming breath. "Okay then. Let's go with the normal business route. We don't want to tip these guys off quite yet, right?" she smiled. "Plus our new "friends" are quite capable themselves. Hopefully between the two of us, we'll manage alright if it comes down to it."
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: Just for the record assume Lilly is muting sounds so that only the group can hear what is being said...