Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Gunmetal_Rainbow
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

After dropping off thier various equipment for various upgrades, the group brings themselves back to Bridgekeeper's Watch, which happens to be right back where they left it. As luck would have it, they don't have to seek out Captain Hopps, or send anyone in search of the large man as he happens to back right out front this time, performing what seems to be random inspection on guards as they come and go.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 5503
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

The Captain was there when the gang member described Boris and his distinctive axes.

Pulling the weapons out he holds them both in one large hand heads down in a non-offensive carry in case there were any twitchy cops around.

He'll wave to catch the Captain's attention. "Dead." Lloyd says when the man comes over. "Fires no more."
"Something pithy this way comes."
User avatar
Gunmetal_Rainbow
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Hopps looks over and arches a brow, taking in the axe Lloyd is holding. "That so, hunters? Sounds like Sepulcur will sleep a little easier, for a time at least. Always some new threat, but I'll take what peace of mind I can."
Flynnarrel
Posts: 5503
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd lets a moment hang before asking, "Was Reward?"

He hoped someone better at speaking would take over if there were to be negotiations of bounty or whatnot.
"Something pithy this way comes."
User avatar
Vivid
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:52 am

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT:

"Yes, Captain, was there a bounty on the head of this notorious gang?" Moira asks with interest,
User avatar
Gunmetal_Rainbow
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

"You'll want to go speak with your guild master since she took this on as a.. and I quote.. 'potentially corruption related situation.' So any rewards for you hunters will come from the guild."

He takes another look at the wicked-bladed axes. "For what it's worth though, you've my respect and I'm willing to make a special exception if you ever want to take some non-guild bounties some time. By the by, what happened with the rest of the Hognose gang?"
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 5139
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"We've dealt with them," Ericka says cryptically, before taking a look at the axes. "Erhm... Unless you need those for evidence, I think the guild would like to have a look at them too."

Bluff(maybe?): 3 successes
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play a more reasonable amount of characters then before.
User avatar
Gunmetal_Rainbow
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Hopps turns his gaze on Ericka discerningly, then shrugs. "One less threat to my city then. I appreciate the service. Now, I have tasks that need seeing to, and you've a guild master awaiting your return. If there was nothing else?"
Prof Weird
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura was feeling a bit uneasy and nervous.

Chelydra had been in her family for generations, so things felt a bit empty while it was 'in the shop', as it were.

On the one hand, upgrading a family weapon felt wrong. Like painting over a masterpiece in an art museum.

On the other hand, a modification that can make her life a bit easier (and help her do her job better) is a good thing.

She might need the help if they have to face things equal to or greater than a Warchmogger !
Flynnarrel
Posts: 5503
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

"To guild." Lloyd says, part question, part directive.
"Something pithy this way comes."
User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 2957
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: NA Wounds: 5/5

"Nothing from the guard, eh?" Dog asks as the others come back out to the street.

He laughs with a bitter smile, "No surprise there. Better luck squeezing blood from a rock."

He claps his hands and rubs them together, "So, after the guild something to eat? I'm starving."
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 5139
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She felt so naked without Gemini by her side. In her hands Inimeg remained, the bond it shared with it's brother-blade tempered by the distant pangs of reforging. From it's shouldered holster Tectus provided a small comfort, yet it wasn't the same. He'd been so volatile ever since she'd had that explosive device installed. What would her weapon be like once it came back from being modified?

Did anyone else ever notice the personality of their own weapons, like she could? What would Dog's sword feel, or his gun for that matter? Bearage was certainly an easier weapon to understand, yet what of Chelydra? For Lloyd, she wasn't even sure the man had learnt his weapon's name...

That Man's axes were heavy in the bag she carried them in, laden with experiences they begged to share ever so gleefully with Ericka. For now, she would resist. Yet she longed to learn it's name as well.

"Ah-ah... yes. We've had uh... a long day, I think." She agrees, gently touching her empty stomach.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play a more reasonable amount of characters then before.
Post Reply