Benchmarks For Superhumans and Baseline Humans

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Harnos

Benchmarks For Superhumans and Baseline Humans

Post by Harnos »

As the title suggests, I will write down some power level, attack&defense, skill level and resistance benchmarks here. I will use hero,villain and minion archetypes as well as Freedomverse and DC characters. I hope I will present in-universe translations for the numbers on a character sheet.

Badass normal characters like Batman and Punisher, who are not mutant or metahuman yet can go toe to toe with superhumans will count as superhuman too. I will not include such characters in my setting or builds but they have a strong position in genre, so it is better to clarify their position.

I have listed the attributes of certain minion archetypes here to give a better image.

I was indecisive about using PL 7 combatants as the peak of normal human ability but forego it, since these are nameless minions, which are meant to use in groups. Still, a PL 7 combatant is still an elite and dangerous person. These minions, along with other archetypes roughly gave a picture.

Attack and defense benchmarks:

0: Non-combatants. Elderly people, little kids, unfit adults.

1-2: People with a little bit talent for physical struggle. Common thugs, athletic civilians and physical laborers.

3-4: People with some training or talent. Newbie soldiers and martial art hobbyists.

5-6: People with some experience, like standart soldiers and police officers. Newly empowered civilians with low to mid level powers start at here since their innate abilities give them an edge.

7-8: Well trained and experinced combatants, such as veteran soldiers and professional martial artists. More talented or experienced superhumans dwell here.

9: Accomplished and professional combatants, like elite soldiers and martial art masters. Experienced or talented superhumans.

10: The peak of baseline human achievement. Only the best of normal humans in the world can reach this level.

11-12: This is where normal level ends and super level starts. Speedsters and super-agile metahumans generally start at this level.

13-14: This level of competence is clearly superhuman and where many accurate metahumans dwell.

15-16: Talented or experienced speedsters, sharp-shooters and super-agile martile artists are at this level.

17+: Peak of superhuman ability. Fastest of speedsters, most accurate of shooters and best hand to hand combatants.
Last edited by Harnos on Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harnos

Re: Benchmarks For Superhumans and Baseline Humans

Post by Harnos »

Skill Benchmarks; (Including ability bonuses.)

1-3: Little bit talent, knowledge or training. Athletics and Perception of Green Soldier archetype.

4-6: Base professional level. These skills can be used as characters main profession. Athletics and Insight of the Police Officer archetype. Perception and Persuasion of the Reporter archetype.

7-9: People talented or experienced in a skill. Athletics of an Elite Soldier, Stealth of a Novice Ninja.

10-12: Accomplished practitioners. Expertise and Technology skills of Scientist archetype.

13-14: Experts who can be regionally famous. Stealth of a Ninja Master.

15: Best in a country. Olympic athlete level.

16:
The best in the world. World class champions and geniuses.

17: Peak of baseline human achievement. Greatest people of a century.

18-19: This level is clearly above baseline humanity. Nightwing’s Acrobatics.

20-21: Superhuman experts. Batman’s Stealth and Perception.

22-23: Among the most talented and experienced superhumans in the world. Batman’s Investigation.

24-25: Only the most successful of super-geniuses and savants reach here. Clearly best in the world. Lex Luthor’s Technology.

26+: Best in the galaxy.
Harnos

Re: Benchmarks For Superhumans and Baseline Humans

Post by Harnos »

I will use weapons as a reference frame to see how much damage superhumans are capable of. Since an official classification for ability scores are given, strength score can be used for comparison.

Damage Benchmarks;
3: Light pistol, bow
4: Heavy pistol
5: Assault rifle, shotgun slug, sniper rifle
6: Flamethrower, golden age service rifle
7: Light recoilles rifle, light antitank gun
8: Medium recoilles rifle, medium antitank gun. (Low-superhuman strength)
9: Heavy recoilles rifle, heavy antitank gun
10: Tank cannon, rocket launcher (Moderate superhuman strength)
11: Jet fighter missiles
12: Heavy bombs
13: Battleship batteries (High superhuman strength)
15: Ballistic missiles, antitank k-kill mines (Very high superhuman strength)
20: Tactical nukes (Cosmic level strength)
30: Strongest nukes (Tsar Bomb)