WWE crossover with Masters of the Universe

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
Ares
Site Admin

WWE crossover with Masters of the Universe

Post by Ares »

No, I'm not kidding:

https://toynewsi.com/13-34226
Mattel announced this line of mash-up figures combining WWE and Masters of the Universe last month during SDCC, and now via Pixel-Dan we have a look at the actual figures for Macho Man-At-Arms and Rey Mysterio Stratos which are on hand at this weekends Power Con. We saw concept images for these two figures during Mattel's SDCC panel but not the figures themselves. Also shown are images of the packaging for the Grayskull ring and Finn Balor figure.

Whatcha gonna do, brother, when the Power of Grayskull runs wild on you?!?!
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
greycrusader

Re: WWE crossover with Masters of the Universe

Post by greycrusader »

To quote Marisa Tomei as Aunt May: "WHAT THE F***!!!!"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Didn’t you all see that art with stuff like Big Moss Man?
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I am fine with this
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

OMG i forgot these were out! My favorites are HHH as Skeletor & Ultimate Warrior as He-Man...:lol:
NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

I was amused by the use of ManEFaces for all three members of the New Day.
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

These are amazing and will no doubt make plenty of money, but man, if they had done this in 1986....
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

They'dve CLEANED UP in '86! Just think of how outrageous the toy commercial would've been....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:56 am They'dve CLEANED UP in '86! Just think of how outrageous the toy commercial would've been....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeez, the kind of rambling caveman chest thumping that came out of Hogan, Savage and the Ultimate Warrior was crazy enough without adding in Masters of the Universe lore.

Though honestly, the Ultimate Warrior's insane ramblings would have actually made MORE sense in the context of being a Masters of the Universe character. Dude honestly looked like a MotU figure brought to life.

Actual Ultimate Warrior quotes:

LODGED IN MY SKULL ... WAS A PIECE OF THE CRYSTAL OF YOUR KINGDOM! YOUR MADNESS! THEY SAID, "BUT WARRIOR, IT'S LODGED INSIDE YOUR SKULL," AND I SAID, "SEW IT IN! LEAVE IT WHERE IT LAYS!"

I WAS SENT IN A CAPSULE FROM A PLACE NOT FROM HERE AND I CAME HERE FOR ONE REASON: TO ATTACK AND KEEP COMIN'! NOT TO ASK, BUT JUST TO GIVE! NOT TO WANT, BUT JUST TO SEND!

THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT!

SEND THE POWER OF THE WARRIOR DOWN EVERYBODY’S THROAT IN THE WWF, UNTIL THEY BECOME SICK OF IT. WELL YOU’RE GONNA GET SICK OF IT, BECAUSE THIS FREAK OF NATURE RIGHT HERE IS JUST BEGINNING TO SWELL, AND WHEN I GET BIG ENOUGH, BROTHER, THERE AIN’T GONNA BE ROOM FOR ANYBODY ELSE BUT ME AND ALL THE WARRIORS FLOATIN’ THROUGH THE VEINS AND THE POWER OF THE WARRIOOOOOORRRRRRR!!!

I LOOK UP TO THE GODS, AND WHEN YOU FALL BELOW THE SKELETONS OF THE WARRIORS PAST, THE POWER OF THE WARRIORS WILL BECOME THE EIGHT WONDER OF THE WOOOORRRRRLDDDD!!!

HOW MUST I PREPARE, YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF. SHOULD I JUMP OFF THE TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD? SHOULD I LAY ON THE LAWN AND LET THEM RUN OVER ME WITH LAWN-MOWERS? SHOULD I GO TO AFRICA AND LET THEM TRAMPLE ME WITH RAGING ELEPHANTS?

IN MY FINAL MEETING WITH THE GODS FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE, THEY SPOKE TO ME AND HIT ME WITH THE POWER OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR! THEY TOLD ME: ACTION STAGE LEFT, ACTION STAGE RIGHT. THERE IS NO PLACE TO RUN, ALL THE FUSES IN THE EXIT SIGNS HAVE BURNT OUT!

AAAAARRGGHHH, YOU CAN FEEL IT DUDE. YOU CAN FEEL IT!

FULL OF THE JUICE THAT CARRIES THE SPACESHIP AS FAR AS IT WANTS TO GO … BECAUSE WHEN THE MOON IS BLOOD RED … THE HEAVENS HAVE OPENED UP FROM ABOVE AND THE WARRIORS HAVE SPOKEN. YOU’VE GOT THE POWER TO MAKE THE SKIES RUMBLE AND THE EARTH SHAKE. IN THE SHEETS OF THE WIND, THEN I WILL SURVIVE!

LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH THE ROCKET FUEL, LOAD IT WITH THE WARRIORS. WITH THE COMMAND OF MY VOICE I RAISE THE LEVEL OF THE WARRIORS TO ONE THAT CAN’T BE REPRODUCED. DIG YOUR CLAWS INTO MY ORGANS, SCRATCH INTO MY TENDONS, BURY YOUR ANCHORS INTO MY BONES, FOR THE POWER OF THE WARRIOR WILL ALWAYS PREVAAAAAIIIIIILLLLL!

BY NOW ALL THE LITTLE WARRIORS KNOW THAT THE POWER OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR IS SOMETHING THAT YOU WANT TO FEEL, THAT YOU WANT TO TASTE. IT’S SOMETHING THAT WHEN YOU TURN ON THAT TV SCREEN OR WHEN YOU BUY A TICKET TO THE ARENAS YOU KNOW THAT’S IT’S GOING TO BE EXCITING AND IT MIGHT EVEN BE A LITTLE BIT FRIGHTENING!

NOW YOU MUST DEAL WITH THE CREATION OF ALL THE UN-PLEASANTRIES OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AS I FEEL THE INJECTION FROM THE GODS ABOVE. I ONLY KNOW THAT THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR IS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROOOOOOOOOLLLLL!

COME ON IN WHERE NIGHTMARES ARE THE BEST PART OF MY DAAAAAAAAYYYYYY! I LIVE FOR ANGER AND FRUSTRATION!

COMBAT IS WHERE I WILL BE!

Dude was like some weird hybrid of Robert E. Howard-style hyper-masculinity and H. P. Lovecraft purple prose laden insanity.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

And that was before his career imploded and he started doing hard drugs... If you want Time Cube levels of pure “what the f—k!?” track down his comic book.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:22 pm And that was before his career imploded and he started doing hard drugs... If you want Time Cube levels of pure “what the f—k!?” track down his comic book.
I've seen Spoony and Linkara's review of it. It's pretty insane.

NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

I think late WCW Scott Steiner was the only one to come anywhere near him in terms of bat shit insane promos, and even that was a distant second.

And is it wrong of me to want an Asuka MotU figure?
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I demand a Million Dollar Hordak!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:52 pm I demand a Million Dollar Hordak!
You know, I can't decide if Tripple H works better for Hordak or Man-E-Faces. Horn Helm Hordak? Trip-El-Faces?

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jerry “The King” Randor;
Big Moss Man;
Rowdy Roboto Piper;
Hornswoggorko...