Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

Post by jmucchiello »

Haru: Perception: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12 dishonored die roller strikes again.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jericho: Perception check--13+5=18 pretty good number, considering ...;)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Everyone with a roll of 14 and up detects a very faint smell coming from the cave, a smell that has no place here...candy? Buttered corn?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:23 am Everyone with a roll of 14 and up detects a very faint smell coming from the cave, a smell that has no place here...candy? Buttered corn?
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INS-15 SPELL SLOTS-4/2

Grining as he caught the Scent in the air, the Lamplighter motion's for the other's to hide. Once their behind some large rock(but still in sight of the Cave hopefully), he'll whisper to the other's
"Our Ol'boy is DEFINITELY in there, i can just catch the whiff o'Candy and other sweets. Anybody got a plan or am i comin' up with the Trap?..."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

"A trap? What if the monster sends a child out of the cave first and it falls into this trap?" Haru says. "We must either wait and observe the cave entrance or attempt to sneak in. Setting a trap is not an option."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
HP: 46/46 | AC:20 | Pass.Perc:14 | Spells; 2x1st, 2x2nd

"It'd take time for me to reconfigure my armor for stealth mode." Jig says, frowning. "But I'd still rather go in than trying to set a trap out here. We don't know if there are other exits that would invalidate them needing to come out this way."

"Perhaps a scout?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

"I'll give it a look," Haru says. And she starts moving from rock to rock so as not to be observed entering the cave.

Stealth and Perception :
1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig Will use the time to activate and configure Jeeves. You never know when an automated, unseen motive force would come in handy.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As you make your way into the cave, Haru, you notice that there are bits and pieces of straw here and there and there, in a corner, is a ball, a bright red wooden ball.
The smell becomes stronger as you step closer to the back of the cave...and there, you find...a wooden door.
Which certainly has no place in a natural cave like this.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haru sneaks up to the door to give a listen. (same perception check or new one?)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//No new roll necessary.

Through the door, Haru can hear...laughter. Music...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: adult laughter or child laughter, style of music: upbeat? soothing? instrumentation if distinct?)

Haru listens for a moment before turning to pick up the red ball and leave as quietly as she entered.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Child laughter but also some weird bubbling laughter, sounding like an adult deliberately modulating their voice.

Haru doesn't know the instrument given that it's not from her area or her time - but it's a hurdy-gurdy.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haru returns to the group. As she approaches, she tosses the ball to Jericho. "This is the location. There's a fitted wooden door just inside the cave. I heard children laughing, along with possibly a non-child laughing. There was up-beat music playing. The music will probably make it easy for us to approach unnoticed. But we aren't getting through the doo without warning whoever's inside that we are there. I did not check if the door was locked."