Open Mic Night II: How I'd Build...

If you want to debate fictional fights or do character respect threads, do it here.
Batgirl III

Open Mic Night II: How I'd Build...

Post by Batgirl III »

A few years ago, one man's fantasy became a reality in a forum never seen before: Echoes of the Multiverse, a giant cross-game arena for discussion of games and geeky stuff. Now, newly built in that forum was this: Multiverse Kitchen! The motivation for spending his fortune to create Multiverse Kitchen was to encounter new original builds which could be called true artistic creations. Multiverse Kitchen is the arena where Iron Builders await the challenges from around the galaxy. The challengers have up to one month to tackle the theme challenge of the day. Using all their senses, skill, creativity, they are to prepare artistic builds never played before. And the challenger who wins will gain the people's ovation and fame forever... and choose the theme challenge for the next round of competition. Every battle, reputations are on the line in Multiverse Stadium, where master builders pit their artistic creations against each other. What inspiration does today's challenge bring? The heat will be on!

If my memory serves me correctly...

In 1982, legendary television producer Glen A. Larson created a series for NBC Television. This series followed the adventures of a modern-day crime fighter, Michael Knight, and his technologically advanced, artificially intelligent automobile, K.I.T.T. On a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Iron Builders! Your theme challenge this month is to build me a character named Knight Rider!

ALLEZ BUILDS!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Re: Open Mic Night II: How I'd Build...

Post by MacynSnow »

Quick question: We need to Build BOTH or just K.I.T.T?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Must it be the character from the show? Or just use the name as inspiration for something otherwise original?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow's judging criteria were posted in the previous thread and I've reposted them below.

You'll have to decide for yourselves how closely you want to stick to the character as depicted on the television show or if you want to venture further afield. During the first Open Mic Night, we were challenged to make a character named Chicken Boo and I won with a fairly conservative straight adaptation of the character from Animaniacs, several of the other builders went for something a little more outlandish.
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:09 pm We can get right to voting. These are the Critera you must Judge on and Numbers....
A)Originality of Build:
B)IPlayability:
C)Strength's of Build:
D)Weakness of Build:
E)Is it a Fun Build?:

Numbers go from 1-5(5 being Perfect, 1 being horrible)
Highest Number total wins(Can't judge your own Build)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Coolio. Should have mine up Tomorrow sometime.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

So. KITT? Or can we base something on the name, alone?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Hoid wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:23 pm So. KITT? Or can we base something on the name, alone?
That’s up to you.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Undercover Police Detective Michael Long stumbled upon a Conspiracy that got him killed......Or so he thought. Rescued by Wilton Knight of Knight Industries and founder of F.L.A.G.(Foundation for Law and Government)choose him to become Michael Knight and bring justice to those outside the law....
Knight Rider Theme
Michael Knight Pl 10/150
ABILITIES:
STR-3 STA-3 AGL-7 DEX-5
FGT-8 INT-2 AWE-3 PRE-5

SKILLS:
Acrobatics 4 (+11), Athletics 4(+11), Close Combat:Unarmed 2(+10), Insight 4(+7), Investigation 4(+6),
Perception 4(+7), Deception 3(+8), Persuasion 3(+8), Technology 2(+4) , Expertise:Current Events/Pop Culture/Streetwise 4(+6)

ADVANTAGES:
Attractive 2, Benefit(Security Clearance:FLAG & Knight Industries), Connected, Contacts, Well-Informed, Quick Draw, Equipment 2(.38 Revolver), Sidekick(K.I.T.T. PL9 Supercomputer), improvised Weapon, Luck 2, Defensive Attack, Improved Crit(Unarmed), Improved Smash, Improved Trip,Instant Up, Power Attack, Startle

OFFENSE:
Unarmed 10( Close Damage 3), Revolver 7(Ranged Damage 4)

DEFENSE:
DODGE- 7 TOUGHNESS- 3 FORTITUDE-4
PARRY-8 WILL-8

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation:Justice -- like the TV line said; He'll help the Helpless and bring justice to those outside the Law....
Arrogant--Michael suffer's from what every 80's TV hero had: Thinking they were the best around...
Hoid

[Earth-G]Knightrider and Kit!

Post by Hoid »

[Earth-G]Knightrider.
Background Writeup:

Theme Song:
He’s Dreamerfey, albeit a very human one.
PL10/150pp. (Dreamerfey riding a gigantic quadrupedal knight in shining armor [good].)
Attributes: Strength 16 (+3), Dexterity 14 (+2), Constitution 18 (+4), Intelligence 10 (+0), Wisdom 10 (+0), Charisma 20 (+5). [30pp.]
Combat: BAB (melee +4/ranged +2) melee +6/ranged +4, Defense (12) 14. [8pp.]
Saves: Toughness (+4) +8, Fortitude (+4) +9, Reflex (+2) +3, Will (+0) +2. [12pp.]
Feats: Attack Focus 2 (melee 2), Bishonen 1, Equipment 1 (longsword 1), Inspire, Leadership, Reverse Sidekick 20 (Kit; built on PL15/300pp). [36pp.]
Skills: Professions (+0) [mercenary] +8, Ride (+2) +8. [4pp.]
Powers:
Bound to Kit: Communication Link 1 (Kit, mental). [2pp.]
Dreamerfey: Immunity 1 (aging). [1pp.]
Knightdream: Alternate Form 10 (his armored shape; Extras: Duration [continuous]). [60pp.]
Drawbacks: n/a. [-0pp.]
Alternate Configurations:
Knightdream: Alternate Form 10.
Drawing the dream that spawned over himself like a cloak, Knightrider can become the incarnation of medieval warfare!
Powers:
Armor: Device 3 (heavy armor; hard to lose). [16pp.]
Crown: Device 1 (crown; easy to lose). [3pp.]
Great Beauty: Enhanced Feats: Attractive 1. [1pp.]
Sword: Device 10 (longsword; easy to lose). [30pp.]
—-/>_-This is a completed knightdream Alternate Form Build.
Equipment:
Armor: Device 3.
Drawn from dreams of serges and endurance, this oneiric armor protects him well.
Powers:
Heavily Armored: Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 5). [15pp.]
—-/>_-This is a completed armor Device build.
Crown: Device 1.
Drawn from dreams of resistance and willpower, this oneiric helm serves him well.
Powers:
Psi-Shielded: Mind Shield 2 (Extras: Impervious 3). [5pp.]
—-/>_-This is a completed crown Device build.
Sword: Device 10.
Drawn from dreams of violence and strife, this oneiric blade kills with shocking ease.
Powers:
Infinitely Sharp: Strike 10 (Extras: Penetrating 10). [20pp]
Tongue of the Wyrm: Blast 5 (fire). [10pp.{
Usable for Parrying: Enhanced Combat: Defense +10. [20pp.]
—-/>_-This is a completed sword Device build.
Complications:
Honorable, to a Fault
Pious Lutheran Christian
The Catholic Church has fallen from God’s Grace through the vehicle of ample corruption. Blessedly, God sent Martin Luther to correct Rome’s evils!
Somewhat Too Trusting
Like it says on the tin.
Quote: ”Kit—-let’s show them no mercy!”
—-/>_-This is a completed Knightrider build.
Knightrider speaks only Dutch.
Kit
Background Writeup:

Theme Song:
He’s a Dreamerfey.
PL15/300pp. (Quadrupedal Dreamerfey knight [good].)
Attributes: Strength 32 (+11), Dexterity 10 (+0), Constitution 32 (+11), Intelligence 8 (-1), Wisdom 8 (-1), Charisma 8 (-1). [38pp.]
Combat: AB (melee +11/ranged +0) melee +15/ranged +4, Defense (10) 18. [26pp.]
Saves: Toughness (+11) +15, Fortitude (+11) +15, Reflex (+0) +1, Will (-1) +0. [10pp.]
Feats: Fearless, Fearsome Presence 2, Reverse Sidekick 10 (Knightrider; built on PL10/150pp). [13pp.]
Skills: Climb (+11) +15, Handle Animal (-1) +18, Knowledges (-1) [civics] +6, Languages (native: German; others: Dutch, English), Professions (-1) [gardener] +2, Swim (+0) +4. [12pp.]
Powers:
Bound to Knightrider: Communication Link 1 (Knightrider, mental). [2pp.] Immunity 5 (interaction checks; Drawbacks: Power Loss [-2pp; vs Knights of German descent]). [3pp.]
Dreamerfey: Immunity 1 (aging). [1pp.]
Left Hand oF Power: Blast 10 (psychic ectoplasmic ghostfire; Extras: Area [line], Duration [continuous], Penetrating 5). [45pp.]
Steeddream: Device 15 (massive suit of specially-crafted armor; hard to lose; Feats: Restricted 1 [must be a quadruped], Summonable). [62pp.] Variable Power 5 (any number of traits at once of the ‘Equine’ descriptor). [40pp.]
Stomping Limbs: Immoveable 15 (Feats: Unstoppable 5). [20pp.] Leaping 10. [10pp.] Strike 15 (Extras: Penetrating 14; Feats: Split-Attack). [30pp.] —- [60pp.]
Drawbacks: Disability (-4pp; blind), Disability (-3pp; deaf), Disability (-1pp; mute), Limitation (-1; must go on all fours). [-9pp.]
Equipment:
Massive Suit of Specially-Crafted Armor: Device 15.
Powers:
Greatly Enhances the Wearer’s Strength: Enhanced Attributes: Strength +20. [20pp.] Immunity 5 (fatigue, sleep). [5pp.] Super-Strength 10. [20pp.] —- [45pp.]
Hidden Weaponry: Blast 2 (arrows; Extras: Penetrating 3). [5pp.] Blast 4 (cannon; Extras: Area [burst], Penetrating 4). [12pp.] Strike 10 (blades; Feats: Subtle 2, Variable Descriptor [any ‘Bladed Melee Weapon’]). [16pp.] —- [36pp.]
Hideously Heavy: Density 5 (Extras: Duration [continuous]; Feats: Innate; Flaws: Permanent). [16pp.] Features 1 (weighs nothing to the wearer). [1pp.] Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 13). [15pp.] —- [31pp.]
Submersible: Immunity (high pressure, low pressure). [4pp.]
—-/>_-This is a complete massive suit of specially-crafted armor Device build.
Complications:
Absolutely Loyal to Knightrider
He’d sooner suffer a permanent death than betray Knightrider.
Doesn’t Understand the Human Comdition
Humans are so messy, so frail, so contradictory.
Has Secret Knowledge of the Forever Tree Multiverse
As a Dreamerfey, Kit is instinctually aware others like himself exist, and that most of them domso on versions of Earth very different than his own.
Quote: ”...”
—-/>_-This is a completed Kit build.
Last edited by Hoid on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

work in progress
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Is everybody still participating? It’s cool, I’m not being passive-aggressive, just honestly wanting to know. This is voluntary,after all, and we all have build threads of our own, so...yeah
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

We’re approaching the one month deadline pretty fast...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Well, me & Hoid got our's done. I didn't do KITT cause, despite the fact it was a TALKING CAR, never was the focus of the show untill after Season One. And i was going for "Classic" Hoff at his peak of sexiness(before he tried singing and died on stage. You can't go back from that one).
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Well, deadline’s here. I guess we can officially say it’s over. Congrats to Batgirl III on being our one and only winner! Huzzah!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hoid wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:05 am Well, deadline’s here. I guess we can officially say it’s over. Congrats to Batgirl III on being our one and only winner! Huzzah!
It was worth a shot, at least.