Is Batman actually Doing Anything to Help Gotham?

If you need to argue some point, do it here.
squirrelly-sama

Re: Is Batman actually Doing Anything to Help Gotham?

Post by squirrelly-sama »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:29 pm
Shock wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:24 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:47 am
Too true, i stand verbally Reposited!
It unfortunately feel's like it's not going anywhere though. It almost look's like he's funneling the Money he "gift's " to the charities gack to himself, as the Wayn Foundation has controlking intrest in almost all those Charities.
If he actually got results, they'd have to stop writing the comics.
Again, your not wrong. The idea behind this is the whole "Infinite Realms, Infinite Possibilities" argument. In a Reality where all that suff in DC is happening, is Batman actually helping Gotham in the long run?
He generally is, it's just that Gotham is so shit that even his best barely seems to have an effect. He's one man basically trying to hold up the sky and shouldn't be judged for how low it is when it's a miracle he hasn't dropped it or just been crushed. He uses his money to help out as much as he can to slowly fix the systemic and long term issues and he acts as batman to fight the more immediate issues that you can't simply just throw money at to make it go away.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 am
Shock wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:24 pm

If he actually got results, they'd have to stop writing the comics.
Again, your not wrong. The idea behind this is the whole "Infinite Realms, Infinite Possibilities" argument. In a Reality where all that suff in DC is happening, is Batman actually helping Gotham in the long run?
He generally is, it's just that Gotham is so shit that even his best barely seems to have an effect. He's one man basically trying to hold up the sky and shouldn't be judged for how low it is when it's a miracle he hasn't dropped it or just been crushed. He uses his money to help out as much as he can to slowly fix the systemic and long term issues and he acts as batman to fight the more immediate issues that you can't simply just throw money at to make it go away.
True enough in the end i guess. I mean, you can't complain to Apollo 'bout how low the Earth is if it's a Miracle he's kept it up as long as he has...
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:00 am
True enough in the end i guess. I mean, you can't complain to Apollo 'bout how low the Earth is if it's a Miracle he's kept it up as long as he has...
I think you mean Atlas.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:06 am
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:00 am
I think you mean Atlas.
Ah, well you get the meaning. >_>'