Pathfinder for Savage Worlds

If you want to talk about Kickstarter, Go Fund Me and other Crowdsource projects, do it here.
Davies

Pathfinder for Savage Worlds

Post by Davies »

So ... I was going to plug Pathfinder for Savage Worlds' Kickstarter, which started today, when it started, but ... well ... it made 800% of its goal within the first half-hour of the campaign, so anything I could say is kind of superfluous.

See it here, nevertheless.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Re: Pathfinder for Savage Worlds

Post by MacynSnow »

Wowzers, that's faster than the Critical Roll crowdfunder was! :shock:
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hm...now, I hope they eventually release some sort of conversion guide. Because I love me some Savage Worlds but Pathfinder eventually just became too bloated for me.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:27 pm Hm...now, I hope they eventually release some sort of conversion guide. Because I love me some Savage Worlds but Pathfinder eventually just became too bloated for me.
Then do what i do: drop the bloated system and slide Savage Worlds in there. Any Adventure Paths you want to use? Just drop the Stat blocks and use the appropriate SW book data(in this case, The Fantasy Companion would work rather well). I one time ran a Fantasy AGE/Titansgrave game either on Roninarmy and used the D&D 3.5e Adventure Module The Standing Stones and all i did was ditch the numbers...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The previous being said, i honestly like the look of SW but sadly haven't had the chance to play/run a game(nobody in my playgrounp wanted to play it :( )...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:27 pm Hm...now, I hope they eventually release some sort of conversion guide.
From what the PEG folk have said, this is not something they're planning -- as they describe it as "more an art than a science". However, I think the final converted version of RotRL should work as a starting point to a guide of how to make such conversions.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yeah...now that I think about it a bit more...I've been a GM for almost 20 years now. If I can whip up a monster on the fly or create an effect for M&M, I can do an impro conversion.