So . . . I've got a Buy Me A Coffee page

If you want to talk about Kickstarter, Go Fund Me and other Crowdsource projects, do it here.
Ares
Site Admin

So . . . I've got a Buy Me A Coffee page

Post by Ares »

Hello all.

So, like the topic says, I've got a Buy Me A Coffee page, though in my case it's "buy me a pizza". What this means is I've got a page where people who want to can support my creative endeavors here and elsewhere with either a one-time donation or a monthly subscription.

The impetus for this was my decision to try and actively do something with a YouTube Channel I've had for a while, do some original content instead of just re-posting stuff I found elsewhere. A lot of YouTubers have things like a Patreon or the like to avoid having advertisements on their videos, and while I initially thought of going with SubscribeStar, Buy Me A Coffee is basically the same thing, but simpler and easier to use.

This discussion came up on Discord, and after some advice I decided to post this here and let anyone who's interested know about it. I'm admittedly conflicted, because it I don't want anyone to feel guilted into making a donation. Membership in Echoes has always and will always be free. You guys are all welcome guests at my place, not tenants renting out space.

I likewise want everyone to take care of yourself first. This has been a weird year, and I know some of us are going through difficult times, whether it's financially or emotionally. If donating to me means you miss out on a meal or anything tangible that you need, then please don't donate. This is should only be an option if your head, heart and wallet are all in a good place.

But if you have the means and desire to support the site financially, you now have the option. Just remember that this is an option, not an obligation. You will all get the same quality of service from me even if that page never gets any activity. My promise to all of you.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: So . . . I've got a Buy Me A Coffee page

Post by Ares »

Okay, I tinkered with the page a bit (this is a bit new to me), but now there's options for one time donations, monthly/yearly subscriptions, and payment either via PayPal or credit card.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.