Ares Random Edits - Captain Marvel, the Silver Scarab, Superman, The Atom

For those with an inclination towards visual arts.
Ares
Site Admin

Ares Random Edits - Captain Marvel, the Silver Scarab, Superman, The Atom

Post by Ares »

Hey folks. Just to liven this place up, I'm going to include some edits I've made of other images over the years. While I actually like my Ronnie Thunderbolts edits more, I think it's fun to post some of my projects here as well. For as much as Photoshopping someone else's work can be considered "my project".

Anyway, enjoy:

DC Comics Universe
The Atom
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
The Silver Scarab (Jaime Reyes)
Superman

Marvel Comics Universe
Captain Marvel
The Green Gobilin
Justice
The Scarlet Spider (Miles Morales)
Wonder Man

Mutants and Masterminds
Gunmetal

Rifts
Cosmo-Knight
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Ares Random Edits - Wonder Man, Scarlet Spider

Post by Ares »

Wonder Man

Just some minor costume / look tweaks to Simon.

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Scarlet Spider (Miles Morales)

Someone suggested the idea of giving Miles the Scarlet Spider identity so that he's not just "the other Spider-Man". I decided to give that idea a try and I actually like how it came out.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Cosmo-Knight

I've always loved the Cosmo-Knight concept, the idea of the Green Lantern Corps by way of this hybrid of the Silver Surfer and Thor. So I took a few stabs at tweaking the Cosmo-Knight design.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Gunmetal

This was a character I came up with for a play-by-post RPG. To do something different than my usual, I designed a teenaged soldier from the future who could summon an adaptive suit of power armor.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Justice

Just some minor tweaks to a recent look Vance Astrovik aka Justice aka Marvel Boy had recently.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Captain Marvel

I figured it Carol is going to call herself Captain Marvel, she should look the part.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Black Adam

Ask anyone here and they'll tell you about the novels worth of rants I've gone on about how much I hate the Nu-52 in general, it's take on Captain Marvel in particular. One thing I will grant is that if you take away the hooded cloak and the stupid glowing lightning hole in his chest, the Nu-52 look actually works for Black Adam. It's close enough to Cap's classic look that there are obvious similarities, but it shows how the exact design of the outfit can change depending on the wielder.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Captain Marvel

Just a very minor tweak to Captain Marvel's outfit, giving him a military style collar similar to his film serial counterpart, which I think suits him.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Green Goblin

Just confirming my suspicions that if you gave the Hobgoblin outfit the Green Goblin color scheme, you pretty much get a perfect Green Goblin outfit.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Silver Scarab

In my ongoing quest to give new characters something closer to their own identities while keeping older characters around, I decided to try and make it so that both Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes could exist and be active superheroes. My solution? Ted gets to keep being the Blue Beetle, and the Scarab gets drained of its blue color after completely breaking its programing, gaining a silver luster. He then takes the name Silver Scarab, after the name Hector Hall originally used.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Superman

Some minor tweaks I'd made to Superman's outfit, back when they decided to give him back something closer to his classic look, but hadn't completely Rebirthed him into his original outfit.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Atom

A different look for the Atom, taken from an old Villains and Vigilantes villain (I think his name is Microbe or Parasite), and I think it works as a retro-70s look.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:11 pm Captain Marvel
Just a very minor tweak to Captain Marvel's outfit, giving him a military style collar similar to his film serial counterpart, which I think suits him.
It does. Then again, the chest flap, the capelet, and the wrist designs all are military inspired. More 19th century military, and the elements are seen more on marching band uniforms today, but the elements are there.

Also, classically the captain has 5 wrist stripes, indicating that he is an O-6 (O-1s have no stripes), so he is a navy captain, not an army captain.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:23 pm The Atom

A different look for the Atom, taken from an old Villains and Vigilantes villain (I think his name is Microbe or Parasite), and I think it works as a retro-70s look.

Parasite, the Mircrotitan Invincible. V&V: Most Wanted, vol. 3. Page 19. It has a 1985 copyright date which explains the 70s look; late 70s & early 80s designs tend to look similar. Comic designs tend to run in decades, but 5 years off.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.