Ares Edits - Request Thread

For those with an inclination towards visual arts.
Ares
Site Admin

Ares Edits - Request Thread

Post by Ares »

Hey folks.

Back on the old Green Ronin forums I had a thread offering to Photoshop existing art for my fellow posters for a small fee. With things still a little tight financially, I thought I'd bring that option back here.

How this works is simple: You provide the picture you want edited, tell me what you want changed, and I work on it until you're happy with it. I use to have this whole rate system based on complexity, but I'm just going with a simple flat rate of:

$15.00 an hour.

So if it takes less than an hour, 15 bucks. If it takes more than an hour, 30 bucks. If it takes more than two hours, 45 bucks. So on and so forth. And if you want additional edits done following the initial attempt, that is completely possible, but that will be added to the overall project clock.

I'll provide an estimation at the outset, get to work, and once it's completed, we swap payment for picture and all is well.

I understand this might not seem ethical, since I am profiting off of someone else's original art. I completely understand that, and if enough people raise objections I'll terminate this. However, I view this as akin to someone working for a larger company who edits some existing image for some pamphlet or internal memo that never leaves the company. None of these images are intended for commercial use and I in no way claim ownership of the art in question. These edits are intended for personal use only, and if you attempt to use it for any mass publication or similar commercial gain yourself, then you will bear all of the legal consequences for that.

And to clarify, I can only edit existing art, not provide original art of my own. We have several talented artists here and posters that can put you in touch with professional artists who can give you art you truly own at a price equal to the work they provide. It'll cost more, but you'll get something of better quality that you truly own.

Also, the management reserves the right to refuse service based on the requests. Things that will be refused includes nudity (existing or nudifying something), images of a highly sexual or gross nature, etc.

Anyway, feel free to post your requests here or contact me privately.

And last but not least, some before and after examples to show what you'll be paying for:

Note that for really extensive edits, it works best if the artist has lots of samples I can combine to create something that looks right.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Ares Edits - Request Thread

Post by Ares »

With ThierryD's permission, here's some recent examples:

Could you modify a pic of Black Panther into a Black Tiger by adding some white stripes along the outer edge of his costume.

My edit:

Can you change the outfit from yellow to a crimson red? Change the boots and exterior of the cape to a rich blue color and the interior cape to a silver? And change the symbol to a lighting bolt like Shazam?

My edit:

And with lightning effects:

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I don't remember Shazam having a chest symbol. Just his blue robe.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

So while I never really closed this thread down, it hasn't seen much use in the last year. Still, I've been talking with BSDigitalQ and doing some work for him has opened me to the idea of doing more of this kind of work if anyone's interested.

He also gave me permission to share some work I did as a kind of audition for him. So he gave me this image:

gave me some color specifications and ideas, including changes to the facial features and in a little over two hours I turned out this:

So yeah, if anyone has any pictures they want edited, re-colored or even line art they'd like colored, please feel free to contact me either here or via PM. The new rate is in the original post.

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Nice work.

Just wish I had money to spare because I cannot figure out how to do energy effects from scratch. Maybe in a month or so.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!