thetrove.is - Status (and any idea if/when it will be back online)

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
DominusExMachina

thetrove.is - Status (and any idea if/when it will be back online)

Post by DominusExMachina »

Being a long-time follower of the Echoes of the Multiverse forums, I'm wondering if anyone here knows about the Norr Group-moderated RPG PDF aggregator site thetrove.is (which many list as an illegal pirate site), its status, amd whether or not it'll be back up & running again.

(And before ANY flame wars erupt with regards to the legality of the site in question, I will have EVERYONE here know, first & foremost, that I do NOT condone in any way, nor do I consciously engage in, any form of IP theft: indeed, I have purchased many RPG products - both PDFs and physical copies - from various publishers, either directly or secondhand, and will, for the forseeable future, continue to do so in support of these entities. For those who have neither the access to these products nor the funds to purchase them, thetrove.is has proven a valuable resource, particularly with not only current RPGs, but those no longer supported in either physical form or as PDFs, and, fate willing, will continue to do so - and it is in the service of those such individuals that I make this inquiry.)
FuzzyBoots

Re: thetrove.is - Status (and any idea if/when it will be back online)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

It's a site that periodically goes down and then migrates to a new address, supposedly partly due to copyright owners catching up to them and partly due to hardware/site upgrades.
DominusExMachina

Re: thetrove.is - Status (and any idea if/when it will be back online)

Post by DominusExMachina »

Well, the reason I asked is because it's a site I'd frequent with regards to M&M (especially since you can't find really hard-to-find items like the 10th Anniversary edition of the Deluxe Hero's Handbook in PDF from, and you'd end up almost paying an arm & a leg to get a physical copy) before actually purchasing M&M products myself. Of course, I'd look at the products on the site, but would NEVER download them from it.

I just can't help feeling that the current outage may be of a more...permanent nature.