Crossovers that you'd love to see and/or would be cool

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Crossovers that you'd love to see and/or would be cool

Post by Ares »

Teela barely saw the attack coming in time. With a shout of “INCOMING!” the red-haired Captain of the Guard dove out of the pilot’s seat of the blue Battle Ram, even as the other nearby Masters of the Universe likewise took evasive action. Half a heartbeat after leaping clear of her vehicle, a column of purple energy a this as a tree trunk smashed into her Battle Ram, blowing it to bits.

Teela wasted no time on thoughts about her destroyed vehicle or the loss of firepower it meant to her side. Instead, she landed on the ground in a perfect roll that brought her to her feet in one smooth motion. She turned that forward momentum seamlessly into an all-out sprint towards her attacker, unsheathing her sword in one hand while shaking the wrist-mounted blaster on her other arm into activation mode.

A frown crept over her features as she closed the distance between her and her target. Charging at an opponent like this was nothing new to her; Teela had done it dozens of times over the course of her relatively young life. It was just the first time she’d ever done it against a 20 foot tall robot.

The robot looked down at the small human running towards him, apparently armed with nothing more than a sword. It’s metallic features broke into a smirk as it lifted one arm, the energy cannon attached to it starting to charge with power. “Have you lost your mind, human? Or merely your will to live. Either way, I – STARSCREAM – Future Leader of the Decpticons, will gladly put you out of your-“

Before Starscream could finish his boast, Teela sent an energy blast at the barrel of his arm blaster. The firing port instantly became clogged with a thick mass of ice, and Starscream only had a split second to register this before the energy within the blaster impacted the ice. The entire weapon exploded in purple lightning that nearly took Starscream’s arm off, leaving the Decepticon Air Commander screaming in fury.

“Why you miserable little meat bag! I’ll-“

Again, Teela didn’t let Starscream finish his boast. Switching her blaster to raw energy, Teela sent several full power shots at one of Starscream’s legs. The full, stone shattering power of those blasts tore into Starscream’s knee, right at the joint, and blew a steadily widening hole in the armored robot. As she finally reached the right spot, Teela leapt into the air and, with a flourish and a spin, sliced her sword through the damaged area her blaster had created. The Eternian blade sliced through Cybertronian metal without hardly slowing down. Teela flipped once to land catfooted on the ground, even as gravity and several tons of upper body weight finished the work she’d started. The knee joint practically exploded under the strain it was under, and the Decepticon dropped to the ground, barely catching himself with one arm.

Starscream lived up to his name, and it was a several seconds before his incoherent cries turned into something understandable. “This . . . this is impossible! You’re just a little-“

“Well, that’s always been your problem, Starscrap!”

The Decepticon turned from Teela to the sound of the new voice, just in time to catch a solid metal fist right in his face. Already injured and off balance, Starscream sailed several yards away, landing with a booming impact that took the last of the fight out of him.

“You always underestimate the little guys,” Bumblebee finished, smirking as he rubbed the knuckles of his fist. He gave his handiwork an admiring once over, glancing over the barely conscious and completely incoherent Starscream.

He then turned to glance at Teela, smiling at her as he offered her his clenched fist. “That was amazing! I’d never seen a human move like that before. If you aren’t careful, you’re going to win this whole battle by yourself.”

Teela grinned and lightly tapped her own knuckles against Bumblebee’s. “Couldn’t have done it without you Bumblebee. That’s the beauty of team work. I set him up, you knocked the smugness right off of his face.”

“I’ve been wanting to do that for years,” ‘Bee said. “Me and every other Auto-“

A stray energy blast hit a rock outcropping only a dozen feet away from the pair of heroes. Instantly Bumblebee moved to cover Teela, who had her sword out and had already deflected some of the flying debris with a few swipes before Bumblebee interposed himself between her and the rest of the shrapnel. After the pelting rain of stone had stopped, Bumblebee gave Teela an apologetic look.

“Sorry. I guess we shouldn’t be congratulating each other in the middle of an active battle.”

Teela sighed, mentally kicking herself. Both she and Bumblebee were still relatively young for their respective species, and they’d gotten too caught up in the comradery of victory. They’d won a fight, but not the war.

Readying her sword again, Teela nodded up at her new friend and said, “Let’s get back to it.”

Bumblebee drew out his blaster and returned the nod, a little smile lifting the corner of his mouth again. “After you.”

● ● ●

The battle for Greyskull was not going well. The recent alliance between Skeletor’s Evil Warriors and Megatron’s Decepticon army had proven to be a devastating combination. The two leaders had pledged to help the other conqueror their respective worlds, with Skeletor convincing Megatron to help him acquire the Secrets of Castle Greyskull, and thus the power within it. They could then use that power to conquer Cyberton, and then the universe itself.

Neither being truly trusted the other. Both Skeletor and Megatron planned to betray their partner in their grab for ultimate power, and both suspected the other would do likewise. It created a strange mutual respect and admiration for the other, and while they knew it would eventually end violently, both were enjoying the other’s company.

As soon as these two armies had begun their rampage across Eternia, the Autobots had arrived to help even the odds. Unfortunately, only a relatively small force had been able to arrive as quickly as they did, and by the time they did, the army of Eternia had been suffered heavy injuries, with several heroic Masters of the Universe taken out of the fight.

Even now, the two armies of evil were practically on Castle Greyskull’s doorstep, and they pressed their every advantage with ruthless glee. Yet despite the odds, the heroic forces held their ground, determined to fight to the end, no matter how bitter that end might be.

In the skies above the battlefield, Jetfire, Stratos and Buzz-Off kept Thundercracker, Skywarp and the rest of the Seekers occupied in a deadly dogfight. Up there, the trio of heroes managed to use their maneuverability and teamwork to frustrate the Decepticons to no end, but how long this aerial dance could continue was anyone’s guess.

On the ground, Mekka-Neck provided Prowl with intel as the Autobot worked to coordinate the heroes. Ironhide, Fisto and Clamp Champ dealt with Beast Man and the horde of Shadowbeasts he had summoned to the battle, the trio punching their way through the monsters to get to their master. Hound used his holograms to lead Trapjaw, Soundwave and the Decepticons cassette comrades into an ambush by Moss Man, the Eterniana’s plant powers summoning vines to immobilize the villains. Cliffjumper and Sy-Klone made an impressive team, with Sy-Klone’s wind powers funneling Cliffjumper’s Glass Gass directly into the incoming Insecticons, turning their armor brittle and rendered most of their advanced weapon systems useless. And Grimlock, Battlecat and Ram Man seemed to just be having a blast laying waste to anyone who got near them.

For a moment, despite the odds against them, it seemed like the heroes could hold out indefinitely.

Then Skeletor and Megatron sent in the rest of their forces.

Ram Man had just sent Blitzwing spinning away to smash into Astrotrain when the ground shook violently. “Hey Grimlock! Watch where you’re stompin, ya almost knocked me over.”

Grimlock, in the process of chewing what was left of a Landshark, turned towards the squat Eternian. After swallowing his mouthful of metal, Grimlock said, “ME GRIMLOCK NOT STOMPING! ME GRIMLOCK EATING! ME-“

The ground shook again, and Battlecat roared, “I don’t think that was Grimlock!” All three of the heroes turned to see what had actually caused the ground to shake.

The Combiners had entered the field. Devastator. Menasaur. Predaking. If the average Transformer was around 20 feet tall, these behemoths were all around 80, and each step of their massive feet was like a miniature earthquake.

Even as the Combiners approached, Evil-Lyn and Tri-Klops flew in on a pair of Rotons and started blasting at the heroes, disrupting their ranks.

“Hold the line,” Teela yelled as Bumblebee took up position behind her, readying his blaster. “These guys are big, but we can still-“

Then a shadow fell across the assembled heroes. Looking up, they saw a massive black and purple ship flying towards them. At first they feared that more enemy reinforcements had arrived. And then they realized they were correct, just not in the way they’d expected.

The large battlecraft itself began to transform, and by the time its massive feet touched down, it had become a giant metal bipedal lizard, somewhat resembling Grimlock’s dinosaur mode. Yet the sheer scale of thing was unbelievable, as the Combiners in front of it didn’t even reach the thing’s knees.

“Trypticon . . . “ was all Bumblebee could say, the horror plainly written on his metallic features.

And somehow, above all this noise, Skeletor’s laughter echoed across the battlefield loudly enough for all to hear.

“Father, Sorceress,” Teela whispered to herself, “I REALLY hope your plan works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3DoNzZIKbk

Inside Castle Greyskull, there was a constant rush of activity. Roboto, Wheeljack and Huffer attached cables and large devices to the castle’s interior, as well as made adjustments to various devices. On the Throne of Greyskull, the Sorceress sat in meditation with Orko floating next to her. Both of them had their eyes closed, with magical energies playing around their bodies.

In the center of the room, Man-At-Arms, Ratchet, Perceptor and Brainstorm worked on a pair of patients. He-Man had been forced to battle the brunt of the combined Evil Alliance alone, giving time for the other Heroic Masters of the Universe time to rescue civilians. The timely arrival of Optimus Prime had helped turn the tide, but both heroes had suffered near fatal wounds early on. To save their lives, the pair had been brought to Castle Greyskull, where Man-At-Arms, the Sorceress and Wheeljack had come up with a desperate plan. One on which the entire universe might depend.

“Increase the micro-emitter levels by 0.04%,” Man-At-Arms said as he applied a laser welder to a section of machinery. Brainstorm did as the Eternian said without comment. The Cybertronian was not accustomed to taking direction from anyone, as he usually considered himself the smartest person in the room. Yet early on, Man-At-Arms had demonstrated a level of scientific skill that impressed even Brainstorm, and the Transformer now quietly recalibrated the equipment as instructed.

The ground shook again, and it took all of Man-At-Arms’ concertation to keep his hand steady. One misplaced heat ray could mean the slavery and death for the entire universe. This plan demanded all of his time and attention, yet in his heart, Duncan worried for his daughter Teela and the rest of his friends. But that worry only galvanized him to work with more speed and precision, even as he silently prayed for their safety.

“Alright, I think that’s the last of it,” Ratchet said as he closed the panel he and Man-At-Arms had been working on. Looking down at one half of the group’s project, Ratchet asked, “How do you feel?”

One of the figures on the operating table sat up. It looked like a small Cybertronian, only a foot taller than Man-At-Arms. It was colored red and grey, but instead of the usual Autobot logo, it had a red cross on its chest.

Sliding off the table and standing to his full height, Powermaster He-Man said, “My mother used to tell me about food from her homeworld. They had these things called ‘canned sardines’, and I think I know what they felt like now.”

While his voice was full of his normal good humor, He-Man couldn’t quite hide the wince from his features as he stood up. It was clear he was still in a great deal of pain from his injuries, but was trying to bear them without complaint. Ratchet knew precisely how much He-Man was hurting, and it touched the medic deep in his spark. It was the kind of heroic resolve Ratchet had seen in many brave sentients, organic and mechanical alike. But the extent that He-Man was displaying right now, Ratchet had seen in only one other being.

Ratchet turned to the other figure on the table and asked, “How about you, Prime? Are you-?”

Optimus Prime was already standing as the medic posed his question. Optimus had been reconfigured as well, standing a good ten feet taller than he normally did. His trailer had been combined with the rest of his body, greatly increasing his size. “I’m fine old friend. As always, all of you have done remarkable work.” Prime turned to look at Man-At-Arms, “And thank you, Man-At-Arms of Eternia. Thanks to your work, we may have a fighting chance.”

“If this works,” Huffer said, a pessimistic edge to his voice.

“It’ll work,” Wheeljack said defensively. Then more quietly, low enough that only he could hear, “Primus, please let this work.”

He-Man turned to look at the Throne of Greyskull. “Sorceress? Orko? Are you both prepared?”

The Sorceress opened her eyes and smiled gently. “We are prepared, He-Man. Orko and I are completely attuned to the energies of the castle. We shall be able to do our part.”

“We will?” Orko asked, his eyes still closed. He opened them slowly and looked at the Sorceress, his voice trembled slightly. All of the normal, childish glee was gone, and Orko sounded very young, and very scared. “I . . . I don’t want to let you all down. If I mess up this time, you could all get hurt, maybe even die, and it would be all my fault.”

The Sorceress reached out to lightly hold Orko’s hand, and the smile she gave him reminded Orko of his own mother back on Trolla. “Orko, I cannot do this without you. Only together can we channel the Power of Greyskull in the manner our friends need. But despite what you may thin, you have never truly let us down. Not when we really needed you. I have faith in you.”

Orko suddenly felt a hand on his should. Looking up, he saw Man-At-Arms standing there. Man-At-Arms, that Orko frequently frustrated with his magical mistakes and childish behavior. Man-At-Arms, who was now smiling gently down at him, and saying, “We all have faith in you Orko. You just need to have faith in yourself. I’ll be right here with you the entire time.”

Orko’s vision became a bit blurry, and before he could stop himself, he turned and gave Man-At-Arms a hug. Knowing what kind of man Duncan was, Orko wasn’t surprised when Man-At-Arms hugged him back. “I won’t let any of you down. I promise.”

The ground shook again, this time violently enough that small rocks were shaken loose from the castle’s ceiling.

“We’re out of time,” Optimus Prime said. Looking down at He-Man, he asked, “Are you read?”

“As I’ll ever be,” He-Man responded. Then, as Ratchet had instructed him to do, He-Man leapt at Optimus Prime, and transformed. By the time He-Man reached Prime’s chest, he had become a Cybertronian power supply that fitted perfectly into Optimus’ chest. And it wasn’t just a physical connection either. Optimus and He-Man were now connected on a mental, even spiritual level. Everything they were was now open to the other. Deep within the cores of who they were, their minds met. Not as He-Man and Optimus Prime, but Prince Adam of Eternia and Orion Pax.

“Well, this is . . . interesting,” Adam thought to Pax.

“Indeed,” Pax returned, a smiling gently. “Unfortunately, we do not have time to dwell on this further. But if we survive this, I suspect we will have much to discuss. But until then . . .”

The mental form of Orion Pax offered Prince Adam a hand. “Good luck, Adam.”

Adam took it without hesitation, and shook it firmly. “And to you, Orion.”

In the physical realm, sections of Optimus Prime’s chest opened up, revealing the Matrix of Leadership glowing brightly within him. At the same time, a plate on He-Man’s transformed armor opened to reveal the Sword of Power.

Together, in one voice, both of them shouted:

“By the Power of Greyskull and the Honor of Cybertron, WE HAVE THE POWER!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1XRbPQE9-M

“Everyone, fall back!” Prowl was dragging Ironhide away from the battle when he noticed that not everyone was following his instructions. “Trailbreaker, FALL BACK!”

Trailbreaker ignored Prowl’s order. Instead, the Autobot continued to pump more energy into his force field generator, creating a glowing wall between the retreating heroes and Combiners. The three robots giants were hammering the force field over and over, but Trailbreaker refused to give ground. The drain on his energy reserves would kill him if he kept this up, but he would be damned to the Inferno before he let these monsters hurt any more of his friends.

Then Trypticon swung it’s tail at the force field. Predaking and Devastator barely got out of the way in time as the massive length of metal smashed into Trailbreaker’s shield, shattering it into a thousand sparks of energy. The Autobot felt something explode inside of him, and the sheer impact of his shield shattering threw him to the ground.

“I’m sorry guys . . “ Trailbreaker managed weakly, energon leaking out of one corner of his mouth. “I . . . I tried . . “

Before he could finish, Grimlock, Battlecat and Ram Man had placed themselves in front of their fallen friend, even as Bumblebee and Teela rushed to pull Trailbreaker to safety.

“Aw, you did great pal,” Ram Man said. “Don’t worry, we’ll pick up where you left off.”

Battlecat simply roared defiantly at the assembled forces of evil, fierce enough to make the earth tremble, daring them to approach.

“YOU DECEPTICONS HURT FRIENDS!” Grimlock roared, somehow even louder than usual. “ME GRIMLOCK MAKE YOU PAY!”

This got a laugh from every Evil Warrior and Decepticon present. It was all over. The knew it, and they knew the heroes knew it as well. The heroes were just too stubborn to admit it. Which was fine with the villains, that would just make the hero’s destruction that much more entertaining.

Then the lightning struck.

It wasn’t really lightning. It was colored wrong, a kind of pinkish, purplish mass of energy with a core of whiteness so pure it looked almost divine in nature. Then there was the fact that the lightning shot up out of the ground instead of from the sky, rising up in a column that engulfed all of Castle Greyskull, almost hiding the castle from view.

Almost, but not entirely. Which let everyone see what happened next.

Castle Greyskull . . . transformed.

The towers along the castle walls shifted, becoming arms and legs. Blue metal plates of distinctly Cybertronian make sprouted from sections of the castle, covering those areas as the castle continued to shift. The giant skull face of the castle was now the torso of massive humanoid form, the faded dark green brickwork forming the ‘skin’ along the arms, legs and hands while the gleaming blue armor formed armor over its lower legs, crotch, shoulders and forearms. On one shoulder guard was a bright red Autobot symbol. On the other was a familiar red cross.

Finally, a large head rose up from the top of the castle. It wore a blue helmet identical to Optimus Prime, but the face beneath the helmet was that of He-Man, composed of the same green brickwork as the rest of the castle. And as the energy discharge surrounding the castle finally faded away, the eyes of the face opened, glowing with a redish orange light.

The jawbridge on the castle’s torso opened, and crimson energy flowed outwards, splitting into two spiraling arcs of energy that flowed into the castle’s open hands. That energy smacked into each open palm and began to reform themselves, shaping into weapons appropriate for the task at hand. In one hand, the energy became a perfect, if massive, energy replica of Optimus Prime’s Ion Blaster Rifle. In the other hand, it formed an equally gigantic energy copy of He-Man’s Power Sword.

It’s transformation complete, Fortress Greyskull took a single step to place itself between the heroes and the villains. It straightened to its full height and even Trypticon was forced to tilt it’s head up to gaze at the Fortress’ face. A face that was now smirking confidently at the entire assembled forces.

“So . . .,” Fortress Greyskull said in a voice that was equal parts Optimus Prime and He-Man, “. . . who’s first?”
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

One crossover that I'm happy is happening in my current game is Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica.

I'm using the Original BSG with a healthy mix from the new one.
Just things that should have been and things left to my imagination.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

"He's coming around."

Jack McGee opened his eyes. It was slow going at first, but once they were open all the way he managed to blink the cobwebs out of his head enough to string some thoughts together. Which set his mouth in motion.

"Where am I?" It was a reasonable question. He was currently seated in a chair in the center of what looked like a garage for some auto-body shop. This definitely wasn't where he last remembered being. Last thing he remember was leaving a Chinese laundromat when someone had grabbed him from behind and shoved a cloth over his mouth. Given how quickly he'd passed out, it had probably been doused in chloroform.

At the memory of being grabbed, Jack glanced around him slowly. There were three men standing in a loose circle around him, positioned just right so that he couldn't make any kind of successful surprise attack while still being close enough to pounce on him if he tried to make a break for it. Professional. Military.

Jack suddenly had an idea of who had grabbed him. The oldest of the three men confirmed it.

"You're right where you wanted to be, Mr. McGee," he said with a smile that didn't show in his eyes, "In the presence of the A-Team."

Jack sat up a little straighter, glancing between the three men. He firs settled on he biggest of the trio. The man was built like a bank vault, which was appropriate given all the gold draped around his neck. But even without all the muscle, the scowl on the man's face would have stopped all but the most foolish of individuals from messing with him. Nodding towards the man, Jack said, "Sergeant Bosco 'B.A.'Baracus"

Jack then turned to the smallest of the trio, a clean cut man who looked liked he'd stepped off of a billboard advertising expensive business attire. He had the kind of clean cut, handsome features that made people want to trust him, but his eyes had the ever so slight shiftiness Jack had seen from more than one con man in his time. "Lieutenant Templeton 'Faceman' Peck."

Finally, Jack settled on the man who'd spoken, who had he kind of grey in his hair that would have signaled retirement age for most men. The way the man carried himself and moved had the kind of strength and confidence that told Jack he could take apart men half his age without breaking a sweat. And his fighting skills weren't even close to the most dangerous thing about him.

"Which makes you Lieutenant Colonel John 'Hannibal' Smith," Jack finished. "Mr. Lee said he'd pass on my request to you guys. I didn't think he'd move so fast."

A bit of genuine amusement filtered into Hannibal's face at that. "Mr. Lee's an old bird, but he runs fast when he's motivated. Now, why would Jack McGee, alleged reporter for the National Register, want to talk with us? If you're looking for an interview, I don't think we're the kind of people your paper is interested."

"On account of us, you know, being real and not figments of a deluded mind," Face seconded.

"For real," B.A. said, making it unanimous. "The kind of crazy you after, I send you to that fool Murdock. He'll jabber all the cuckoo at you for a whole book and then some."

'Murdock', Jack realized, was referencing Captain H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock, the team's pilot who had a reputation for being . . . well, a bit nuts. Apparently he spent a good deal of his time in a mental institution that this friends nevertheless were able to break him out of whenever they needed him. Which was apparently a weekly basis.

"I'm not looking to interview you," Jack said, starting to stand up. A warning look from B.A. had Jack sitting back down quickly. "I'm here to hire you."

"Oh this should be good." Face rolled his eyes for emphasis.

"I'm serious." Jack's voice raised slightly as he glared at the younger man. "I want to hire your team to capture the Hulk."

B.A.'s eyebrows lifted so high they almost scraped the bottom of his mohawk. "Forget what I said, this fool doesn't need to interview Murdock, he needs his own padded cell next to him."

"They'll be able to swap stories about green men," Face agreed, barely repressing a laugh. "Murdock will tell about the little ones and Jack here will talk about the big one."

A familiar anger welled up in Jack, but he forced it down. He was used to this kind of reaction. Both B.A. and Faceman were clearly amused. Hannibal tho . . . Hannibal was looking at him seriously.

"Why should we help you capture the Hulk?"

Both B.A. and Face turned to their leader. "Boss," Face began, "Don't tell me you-"

Hannibal cut him off. "Remember Michael Roark? That detective we helped out a couple months back?"

"The PI that fights like Bruce Lee?" B.A. asked. "What about him?"

"I had a talk with him after the fact, and he wanted to pass on a little warning to me. Since we get involved with other people's troubles, there was a chance we might encounter the Hulk. And if we did, we should leave him alone."

Face frowned. "Why would helping people out lead us to the Hulk?"

"Because the Hulk is really a man. A good man. A man who can't help but get involved if people are in trouble" Jack paused a moment, reflecting on those words, and on the truth of them. A flicker of shame traveled across his face at how uncomfortable those words made him. But he continued. "I knew him as John Doe. In some way I don't understand, John undergoes a . . . startling metamorphosis. He transforms into a giant green creature of superhuman size and strength. The creature is driven by rage. I've seen the destruction it can cause. It could tear this whole building down around our heads with its bare hands and never break a sweat."

"Michael thinks Mr. Doe is a good man," Hannibal said, careful to not reveal that Michael had also mentioned that 'John's first name was David. "Oh, by the way, Mr. McGee? You'll forget that you heard Michael's name and his involvement with us or the Hulk. Otherwise I'll let B.A. show you what superhuman size and strength looks like up close."

Jack watched B.A. crack his knuckles for emphasis. With a nod, the reporter readily said, "Fair enough."

"As for the Hulk, we aren't assassins, so-"

"I said I wanted you to capture him, not kill him," Jack corrected quickly, with a fierceness that surprised himself. "John becomes a monster, but he isn't one himself. I don't want him dead. He's on the run trying to cure himself because he doesn't want to be turned into some kind of lab rat. I understand his fears, but while he's trying to cure himself he still winds up turning into the Hulk and causing untold damage. The creature has killed a least two people already. Dr. David Banner or Dr. Elaina Marks of the Culver Institute. They were experimenting with tapping into that surge of superhuman strength some people get in times of stress. I think they somehow, by accident, turned John into the Hulk, and he's been on the run ever since."

"That's why I want your team to bring him in, Colonel." Jack locked eyes with Hannibal. "You can bring him in humanely, safely. We can do it publicly and have him brought to people where he can get the treatment he needs without being a danger to anyone."

A corner of Hannibal's mouth lifted into a smirk. "And you get vindicated after years of being mocked. Maybe even get a Pulitzer and book deal out of it, right?"

"I've got a lot of reasons to want the Hulk captured, Colonel. Some of them are selfish, I'll admit, but not all of them are. And I can give you at least one good reason to want to capture the Hulk as well."

Hannibal lifted an eyebrow, mild curiosity plainly written on his face. "And that would be?"

"Colonel Samuel Morrison."

Hannibal's face lost all trace of humor. "Colonel Morrison is dead."

"I know," Jack said, the smile on his face turning slightly smug. "I also know he was the one who ordered you to rob Bank of Hanoi, but him and everyone that knew was killed by enemy fire before you got back."

"That's all supposed to be classified," Face noted, a little respect creeping into his voice.

"I'm a reporter," Jack said by way of explanation. "And despite the rag I'm working at now, I'm a damn good one. More than that, I served in the military. I know people. But because I've been chasing the Hulk, my reputation doesn't amount to a hill of beans, so anything I could dig up wouldn't have any weight. You capture the Hulk, I get vindication. I get proven right, my words have weight. You guys get to be heroes capturing a real monster, and between that and whatever I can dig up, there'll be army brass tripping over each other to be the first to pardon you. And John . . . John finally gets the help he needs. He'll be free of that monster. "

Jack looked Hannibal straight in the eye, and with a sincerity that ran into his bones, said, "You. Me. John. We all get our lives back."

Silence filled he space. Each man thinking about the lives they had. The lives they'd lost. And most tempting of all, the lives they could have again.

Finally, Hannibal broke the silence, all humor gone from his features. "We'll do it."

. . . Coming this fall, the two part event . . .

The A-Team: Hunt for the Incredible Hulk
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Now, I unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) don't have any actual plans to write this whole thing up as a two part event, but at the time I figure it would have been billed as a two-parter where part one is on the A-Team's show and part 2 would be on the Incredible Hulk.

If I did have to say how I see it playing out, I'd say the A-Team episode would have them track down David, see whatever his 'trouble of the week' is, and offer to help him out. They do, but during the process one of the team gets injured (probably Murdock) and David has to patch them, and the team comes to like him. So while they did have an elaborate plan to capture either David or the Hulk, the rest of the team convinces Hannibal to try and talk David into coming back with them peacefully. Unfortunately, the reveal that these men were hired to find him by Jack McGee triggers a Hulk episode, which is where the episode would end.

Part 2 would pick up with the Hulk basically taking the A-Team apart, forcing them to retreat and enact their various Hulk capture plans, only even with everything McGee told them, they're unprepared for how freakishly strong the Hulk is. At the same time, the Hulk is clearly exhausted by the end of it, but still in a superior position. Murdock is the one to actually calm the Hulk down by doing something that made David laugh in part 1. The Hulks this quizzical look on his face, then smiles, then calms down, reverting back to Banner, who passes out from everything he and the Hulk have been through.

David would wake up in the A-Team's van on the way back to Jack McGee, restrained but with no special security measures in place. The only think keeping him from Hulking out and escaping, as Hannibal explains, is that he and Murdock are in the back right next to him. If he transforms, he might kill either of them, and Hannibal knows what kind of person David is. But it'd also be clear that Hannibal hates this because he has to use a good man's decency and compassion against him. So instead on the drive back they talk and David figures that since he's already done for he might as well unburden himself and tells his whole story. The A-Team then tell him their story, and David is surprised when they say how highly Jack spoke of him, and how much they all regret this. David then begs them to let him go, to let him cure himself on his terms. Because his way is the only way he's sure that no one will try to make more Hulks. Hannibal, again clearly frustrated by his situation would get in David's face, reiterating his belief of how this is the only way they'll get their lives back. Why would he possibly give that up because of David's paranoia.

David simply says, "Because you've seen the power the Hulk has. You've seen how men in power will often abuse whatever power they can get their hands on. And most of all, you know what it's like to be hunted for something you didn't do."

The next scene would be the A-Team driving up to meet with Jack McGee, and David isn't with them. An enraged Jack asks why they would do let him go, and Hannibal simply says that he's willing to pay almost any price for him and his men to get their names cleared. But only if they're the ones who pay it. No one else. Jack states that Hannibal has clearly been talking with 'John' . . . and then begrudgingly admits he has that effect on you, and he really can't blame him. Jack states that he's not going to give up on tracking the Hulk, and Hannibal wishes him luck. He then climbs in the back of the truck and then says, "And good luck to you too, David. Wherever you are."

And the episode ends with the familiar sight of David hitchhiking up a road, still alone, but still free.

Davies

Post by Davies »

And unfortunately, still on track for his demise on a runway a few years later. Still, this gives McGee a bit of redemption.

(I also expect that as soon as McGee mentioned David Banner, Hannibal started to suspect "John"'s true identity. He's scary smart like that.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Davies wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:06 pm And unfortunately, still on track for his demise on a runway a few years later. Still, this gives McGee a bit of redemption.
Well, the nice thing about fan fiction like this is we can create better endings that can live on, even if only in our minds. I remember McGee's actor mentioned somewhere that he had his own personal idea of how the series would have ended. Jack would have finally gotten proof of the Hulk and figured out David's identity . . . only for David to finally cure himself shortly after. So while McGee gets to write an actual Hulk story, it's for the creature's "death" and he never reveals that David was the Hulk. The two men would have finally made peace in the end and parted, if not as friends, at least as two people that understood one another.
Davies wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:06 pm(I also expect that as soon as McGee mentioned David Banner, Hannibal started to suspect "John"'s true identity. He's scary smart like that.)
I hadn't considered that, but you're likely right.

One fun thing about David's 'lonely wanderer' schtick is that, in a hypothetical shared TV-verse of the late 70s and early-to-mid-80s, David and the Hulk could have encountered all kinds of people. The 70s Spider-Man, the 70's Wonder Woman, the 70's Captain Marvel, MacGyver, Knight Rider, etc. Heck, a Incredible Hulk / Shazam crossover could be a lot of fun. Now I'm picturing later on when the Hulk falling out of the exploding helicopter, Cap just flies in, catches him and says, "Don't worry pal, I've got you."

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

As a side note, I'd see a 70's Shazam / Incredible Hulk crossover going something like this:

It starts in The Incredible Hulk with Billy Batson and Mentor arriving at a location that David Banner is in, and both of them come at the same problem of the week, but from different directions. David is introduced to it by how it's affecting the adults of the city, while Billy learns about how it's affecting the teens and children, with the adults and teens / children being ignorant (and in some cases, dismissive) of the other group's perspective. Part of the message of the show (Filmation is involved, there's going to be a message) is that these situations affect everyone, and how ignoring someone's perspective outright leads to more trouble.

David and Billy encounter each other, and they naturally get along well, but are ignorant that both are trying to work on the same problem, feeling they have something of a grasp on the situation when they both have less than half the issue each. Well, when the time comes to confront the problem, Banner winds up having a Hulk out and Billy becomes Captain Marvel. Cap stops the Hulk from getting rough with one of the bad guys, but this leads to a rare bit on both shows where an actual fight between two people with superpowers occurs, and the duo wind up damaging the surrounding area. Eventually, the area they're in (probably a factory or other large building) collapses around them, burying the two in rubble.

The Lonely Man music plays over the credits as we get shots of Captain Marvel and the Hulk, apparently unconscious, possibly dead, trapped under the rubble.

Over on Shazam!, Cap eventually digs himself out, having recovered first thanks to his somewhat better durability, and goes dig out a dazed but otherwise unhurt Hulk. Cap helps the Hulk out, who is actually grateful and calm, and Cap continues to keep him calm until he reverts back to Banner. A bit perplexed, Cap brings David to Mentor, who gets David a change of clothes and David tells them both his story. After hearing it and knowing what kind of person David is, Captain Marvel transforms back into Billy, surprising David.

They talk, Billy explains his origin, and go over their similarities and differences. David doesn't initially believe in magic being a good explanation, so Billy asks Mentor to give him "the full show". Mentor would then reveal something hinted at but never revealed in the show: He's actually the Wizard Shazam, granted a mortal form by the Elders as a kind of well earned reward for his thousands of years of service, being able to spend time with a boy he's come to look on like a son. Shazam then brings both Billy and David into an audience with the Elders, and David is a bit gobsmacked by the whole thing. He asks if the Elders can cure him, but they state that it would be dangerous to try and cure David's science based problem with magic, and that David will have to find a way to use science to cure himself. Still, each Elder in turn praises David for his strength of character, his wisdom, his compassion, and say that he possesses all the qualities of a true hero.

Shazam returns to his Mentor form and sends Billy away on some errand so Mentor and David can talk. David asks Mentor why he picked a young teenager to have this kind of power, and Mentor tells David Billy's entire origin, leaving out parts Billy had omitted about being an orphan, being betrayed by his uncle, left homeless for years, and how it was the goodness Billy displayed all that time, the incorruptible spirit he demonstrated, that made him Mentor's choice. David admits he feels bad, as he laid out all of his problems, how difficult the last year of his life as the Hulk has been, and wondered why Billy kept that part to himself. David especially feels guilty that he had commented how lucky Billy was to be able to change at will and do some good with his powers instead of them being a curse.

Billy, who has returned in time to hear this, explains that it's because suffering isn't some kind of competition. David was hurting, and when your fellow man is in sincere pain, you're supposed to treat them like a brother (or sister) and help them however you can. Besides, Billy admits that David is right: Billy recognizes how fortunate he is compared to so many others, and just because he wasn't so fortunate at one point it doesn't erase how good his life is now. What David needed at the time was someone to talk to and some compassion, so Billy gave it to him.

David gives one of those sincere smiles of his, looks to Mentor (who is hinted at having sent Billy on his errand specifically to create this scenario) and says, "You were right. He is something special."

The two talk some more, and do what they should have done from the start: listen to each other and pool their knowledge of the problem to create an effective solution. In a twist, the two actually manage to solve the problem of the day without having to transform into either the Hulk or Captain Marvel.

The episode ends with David getting ready to wander off, but Billy and Mentor instead offer David a ride for as long as he wants. David accepts and climbs in the RV.

Now, I picture the first two-thirds of the story, basically everything up to the end of the fight, happening on the Incredible Hulk, while the last third happens in Shazam!. And part of the reason is this.

We get a special end credits with the upbeat Filmation music, showing Billy, David and Mentor going on what looks like a month long journey, with lots of pictures of them actually enjoying themselves, doing normal things for a change. And when the last picture is them getting ready to part ways, it's a picture of David and Billy hugging, a clear smile on David's face.

Because damnit, David deserves at least one happy ending, and Captain Marvel is excels at making sure stories end happily.