Freedom League vs.Sentinels: Better Super Team

If you want to debate fictional fights or do character respect threads, do it here.
MacynSnow

Freedom League vs.Sentinels: Better Super Team

Post by MacynSnow »

This isn't necessarily a Super fight, but which Super Team is better overall for the Universe their in.
I actually think The Sentinels are honestly better overall. True, they ain't got the Heavy Hitters or the Legacy, but that work's to their advantage.
No Heavy's mean they have to realy on Teamwork & tactics to win the day.
No Legacy mean's they have a Clean Slate in regards to peoples expectations(they're also Unknowns, which gives 'em an Advantage vs. Enemies).
Davies

Re: Freedom League vs.Sentinels: Better Super Team

Post by Davies »

... I think only the forces of evil win any competition of that sort.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:24 pm ... I think only the forces of evil win any competition of that sort.
:lol:
Technically, your right. But i am curious enough to see what everybody else's opinions on it are.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Which iteration of the Freedom League? And where are the Sentinels detailed?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:01 am Which iteration of the Freedom League? And where are the Sentinels detailed?
3e Freedom League & the Sentinels are detailed in the Emerald City Campaign Book.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The “present day” line up of the League is: Bowman IV, Captain Thunder, Daedalus, Dr. Metropolis, Johnny Rocket II, Lady Liberty, Pseudo, The Raven II, Siren II, and Star Knight.

The Sentinels consist of Dragoneye, Kid Robot, Mongrel, Princess, Rocky, The Rook, Ultramarine, Victor, Vortex, and Xeno.

The League has far more experience, in general, as most of its membership have been active for decades. They also have far more raw power... we’re looking at a line-up where the Green Arrow and the Batman stand-ins are the low tier guys.

From a Doylist perspective, as a Game Master, the Sentinels are probably more useful. They’re closer to most PC’s in terms of power and experience, so they can serve as allies and examples. They’re also just right in that sweet spot where I can have a super-villain take them out to make him look threatening to the players, without covering him in “New Villain Stink.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

That's another reason i think the Sentinels are better. From a Pure GM perspective their much more useful. Want to do a classic "Hero team-vs-Hero Team" fight? Have the Sentinels mentally controlled.
The difference between the two Teams is like the Differences between the JLA and Avengers.To tell a "Good" JLA story, it has to be a Villian so powerful the PC might not have a Snowballs chance against it. With the Avengers, you just need a Villian just a little higher than the PC's and say they "got jumped".