Mr.Fantastic-vs-Lex Luthor-vs.-David Xanatos:Battle of the Brains

If you want to debate fictional fights or do character respect threads, do it here.
MacynSnow

Mr.Fantastic-vs-Lex Luthor-vs.-David Xanatos:Battle of the Brains

Post by MacynSnow »

You can all blame Jabroniville for this hair-brained idea.....

We have three of the Smartes characters in Animation History(Batman doesn't count as he's only a dabbler), so how would they fair against each other? Personally my money's on Reed....
Davies

Re: Mr.Fantastic-vs-Lex Luthor-vs.-David Xanatos:Battle of the Brains

Post by Davies »

Reed casually develops an invention that easily outpaces what Luthor and his entire organization comes up with, to say nothing of Xanatos, who shrugs off his defeat while Luthor is swearing vengeance ... but the stinger reveals that Reed's work ultimately facilitated Xanatos' actual plan, which is completely different from what it seemed to be.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

In terms of raw, scientific smarts, Reed is the clear winner. In my mind, Reed's evil counterpart in DC isn't Lex, but Dr. Sivana.

Lex vs Xanatos in being a clever, manipulative bastard is hard to call. David winds up looking better frequently, but Lex also has to deal with frickin Superman, not the Gargoyles and Elisa.

I'd say Reed is the smartest, David is a better schemer and manipulator (largely because he keeps his ego out of things), and Lex is the halfway point between them.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:03 am Reed casually develops an invention that easily outpaces what Luthor and his entire organization comes up with, to say nothing of Xanatos, who shrugs off his defeat while Luthor is swearing vengeance ... but the stinger reveals that Reed's work ultimately facilitated Xanatos' actual plan, which is completely different from what it seemed to be.
Yeah, this is exactly how I would imagine it going down. :D
Reed wins without trying. Lex gets mired down in his own ego, and Xanatos smiles the entire time as everything falls into place exactly as planned.