BEST OF THE BEST(MINION) BATTLE ROYAL!

If you want to debate fictional fights or do character respect threads, do it here.
MacynSnow

BEST OF THE BEST(MINION) BATTLE ROYAL!

Post by MacynSnow »

Premise: All of us here have our "go to" minion for various stuff(my brother loves the yellow idjits from the Despicable Me franchise while as a true-blue child of the 80's & 90's i'm a ride-or-die G.I.Joe:RAH Greenshirt). But i was always curious about who the Best of the Best were. So here's what i purpose: find your favorite Hero/Villian Minions(i'm talking true-blue Star Trek-level Redshirts & Properly sized Imperial Stormtrooper's, not the fully Named folks) and let's see who the last Minion standing is.
Batgirl III

Re: BEST OF THE BEST(MINION) BATTLE ROYAL!

Post by Batgirl III »

Hmm... I do love me some basic Cobra Troopers (the generic blue grunts) and Cobra Crimson Guard (the “elite” mooks in red) from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. You gotta love an evil terrorist organization (determined to rule the world) that recruits its mooks via a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme and retains them by offering good health insurance.

I also think the generic Vampire Minions from Buffy the Vampire Slayer are pretty cool, since the show has so many “main character” vampires, the world building mythology around the minions is pretty well fleshed out as a side effect. The also tend to get a lot of really good lines, as far as mooks go.

But, ultimately, I think Stargate SG-1’s generic Jaffa minions are my favorite faceless, nameless mooks. They look cool, they have a well developed society and culture, they’re a plausible enough threat that the audience can suspend their disbelief enough that a firefight between a squad of Jaffa and the heroes feels like a genuine danger even well into the final seasons of the show... They even have their own language!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Hoid

Re: BEST OF THE BEST(MINION) BATTLE ROYAL!

Post by Hoid »

Demons, from the Doom franchise.

Either that, or Chaos daemons from 40k.

Either way, they’re going to f**k you up...f**k you up BAD.