Project Apogee

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
ManOfLetters

Project Apogee

Post by ManOfLetters »

Back during the Cold War, there were various attempts at creating better fighters/weapons/soldiers. One of them, the aforementioned project, was an attempt to create a super-soldier formula.

Due to plot-related reasons I can’t think of right now, Project Apogee was shelved and forgotten. Fast-forward to about 5 years ago. A ragtag crew of non-powered heroes, during a raid on an abandoned lab for supplies, come across samples of the formula, as well as notes.

“The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.” - Adam Savage

The team currently injured from battle, they used the samples as a sort of Hail Mary to stay alive. And they did.

So now, they’re still heroes; just mildly enhanced ones. Here’s what “gifts” the Apogee formula grants:

Immunity 4 (aging, critical hits, disease; Half-Effect), Movement 1 (choose either safe fall or sure-footed; AE: Choose either Leaping or Speed 2), Quickness 4, Regeneration 4 (Diehard)
+2 to Awareness & Stamina
+1 to 1 other character-appropriate Ability Score (examples: Intellect for a Lex Luthor knockoff, Agility for a Nightwing clone, etc.)
Great Endurance

Is this too much, or an appropriate amount of boosts? Any suggestions are welcome.
Davies

Re: Project Apogee

Post by Davies »

It's difficult to evaluate something like this without more information.

What you describe will boost a character's PL by 1, or possibly 2 if the "character-appropriate Ability Score" is Agility or Fighting or they were already at the limit on Fortitude/Will. What PL were they beforehand? What PL is their opposition?

I will say that I think Immunity (critical hits) is one of the most underpriced traits in the system as it stands, and that I'm not sure what the effects of limiting it to half effect would be.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
ManOfLetters

Post by ManOfLetters »

The crew mostly consists of characters in the PL8-11 range. Threat-wise, either low-level metahumans or creatures (essentially in the same range as stuff the Winchester brothers would handle).

As for the critical hits, that was a typo. Only Aging/disease were half-effect.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Then you're increasing them to a PL 9 to 12 group. Is that what you want?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."