AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by kenseido »

I really don't want to get into the ridiculous Ranks and Measures table, so lets just say you can get there in a few minutes.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND: Presumably Rested and Healed
Scanners: Senses; Detect electronics, ranged, Acute, Analytical, Atomic 1
Pattern Array: Computer integration
Defensive: Repulsion field
Wrist Emitters: [AE: Fusion cutter: Weaken Toughness, Affects Objects Only, pr 12, Accurate 4, Precise]

"I'm not sure stealth is required. They likely know something is amiss with their planted devices. They will likely have this base under external surveillance and will see us leave. We may just want a speedy approach in hopes of getting there before they flee and destroy evidence." Zyzzak says.

"Of course we'll likely get there in time to see the self-destruct go off, if Hollywood movies are any indication." Zyzzak says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Injured 1

"I'm afraid that's likely to be the result if we rush in," Harry admits.

"We know they have a teleporter of some variety, and they appear to be following the Horde's standard for scorched earth tactics," He looks at the others, "I'm worried that without some means of disabling that we might be rushing into an empty burning base at best, or into a bomb at worst."

"But without some means of disabling their teleportation I don't know what other options we have at this point,"
He says, "Besides quietly trying to insert our stealthy group first, or just going in fast and loud."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 2
CND: Ice Cold

"Just a thought, but if we leave the base completely ungaurds what is to say they won't come back to bug it? People just don't bug places for no reason and I don't see a reason they won't take a chance to bug the base again. I am all on board with a quick raid approach on the location though, maybe with some initial scouting. Who knows they might have routed the transmission through some old womans house. Barging into a old cat ladies place isn't fun.", chimes in Luke.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"The radio jammer is still functional. Did you ask the tied up staff if the badguys came through a door or if they just appeared in the base?" Zyzzak asks.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

Evelyn raised a metal covered hand abruptly, the gesture demanding a halt to the debate over tactics.

"That's enough. Keep the jammer on and move out."

She briefly met eyes with each of her teammates, then turned and left without further dialog. She remained silent until they had assembled in the team's transport and had taken off.

"The base is bugged. No good forming a plan there."

... she offered by way of explanation for her earlier curtness. Then the metal had pulled back from her head, receding to lower regions of her body.

"We don't have enough information to just barge in. When we arrive, Zyzzak, Sliver Phoenix, and Shield will take point as scouts. I am going to call the local AGEIS field office and police to see if we can get some people to stake out our HQ. Just in case the Horde tries to take advantage of our departure to renew their infiltration of the base."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[13] -Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
[06] - Flight 7 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak nods. "I'll activate recall on the vehicle."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke

"All they said is they got knocked out. I talked to them a bit and they all seemed to be not shape shifter person.", replies Luke heading to the vehicle.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Normal

Elizabeth boards the transport, pulling her black cowl over her head and adjusting her sunglasses in the bright sunlight. Taking her seat, she quietly reflects on the events of the past day. Her team is in a struggle with a dedicated group of villains for the upper hand in this region. The Horde has proven fairly ruthless in picking targets to victimize, and that makes them all the more dangerous.

As the transport leaves their base, she finds herself going over her incantations - the gestures and phrases - in an attempt to insure the speedy casting of her spells when needed. Otherwise, she awaits instructions from Bulwark and for the arrival at their destination.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

Strapped into a chair and with her face and hands free of metal Evelyn isn't idle. While the other make their preparations for the coming assault Evelyn is talking over the VTOL's communications. First she contact the local AEGIS field office, if it is close enough to render aid. Failing their ability to loan out some people to keep eyes on the Squad's HQ she contacts the police. In either cases she tells them of the attempts to infiltrate the Squad's HQ and the possibility of Horde's return to the base.
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[13] -Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
[06] - Flight 7 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

The nearest AEGIS field office is too far away to be of any good. Technically, your base is the local field office.

The police chief is happy to send over the SWAT team from the training facility to secure the perimeter. They were on their way back and can divert easily enough. They will be there in about 5 minutes.

They will only go inside if you give them permission.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke

As the others prepped, Luke brought up the obvious inside the plane not over comms. "So, whats the plan for infiltration? Fly in, drop in and drop the scouts then we storm it? If we approach with the jet might not be the most stealthy of approaches. Slogging across the terrain, they'll see us coming. Not that I am opposed to a flashy entrance, but these guys don't seem to want to fight us and would rather blow up their toys before fighting proper.", inquires Luke.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Normal

Elizabeth listens to Cool and then looks around at her other teammates. "When we get close enough, I could take a portion of us and "blink" to the side or back of their base. We could hit 'em from different directions if you think that would help."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND: Presumably Rested and Healed
Scanners: Senses; Detect electronics, ranged, Acute, Analytical, Atomic 1
Pattern Array: Computer integration
Defensive: Repulsion field
Wrist Emitters: [AE: Fusion cutter: Weaken Toughness, Affects Objects Only, pr 12, Accurate 4, Precise]

"All we know currently of their 'base' is an abandoned gas station half a mile from the road. 1 mile from any other building. It could be no more than a relay device in a back closet, or it could the be the disguised iceberg's tip and have a massive base underneath - which may blow up when we get there." Zyzzak says.

"I propose that I hook my suit's stealth system. in the hull of the VTOL. If we fly at half speed it shouldn't immediately collapse, Even such, I could only divert the electromagnetic spectrum around us, I think. And it removes me from scouting. If they have listening or chemical monitoring stations they'll be able to detect us still. Humans and their technology tend toward visual orientation (and even then only recently have you learned to look up), but the risk is still there." Zyzzak says.

"This way I can hover us over the gas station, provided there's some means for the scouters to descend safely and stealthily - though the field should persist around a person for some time after they leave the radius of the active effect provided they move cautiously."
I propose to stunt: Concealment [All visual, electronic], Affects Others, Area burst, Flaw:Blending, Activation-Move.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The VTOL makes a lot of noise, and even if you quiet the engines, there is still a significant air disturbance.