AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by kenseido »

The outer shell is still electrified.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Injured 1

Harry looks around for a moment.

Most modern fire suppression in businesses was overhead sprinklers designed with a plug that would melt and allow the water out as the heat got too high. It was easy, automatic, and really disgusting to be on the receiving end of. While only the sprinklers with the melted plugs would go off, the water inside the system was usually stagnating for years and smelled awful.

But air fresheners were cheaper than rebuilding a business.

If those weren't starting to go off it was possible that they'd disabled the system at the pump, or simply by throwing the breaker. The first was an issue he couldn't solve, the second would probably require him to run around in the back looking for their breaker box.

He looked around for a fire extinguisher. Those were always around.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 1
Cnd: Fatigued

Standing with a confused look on her face, Elizabeth's eyes (hidden behind her sunglasses) dart from person to person in a vain attempt to locate the phony hostage. Twelve people here...hmmm...but I don't see the culprit.

The pale mystic looks towards ranks of nearby police. After identifying the police sergeant in charge of the group, she speaks up. "Sargeant, one of these hostages is a plant. I'm not sure which. They should be detained until the identity of the criminal can be ascertained. The fake hostage has some kind of pistol on their person, that is unless they have dropped or discarded it. We may have to use video footage from inside the bank to identify them."

She continues to hover over the group, scrutinizing the faces, body language, and mannerisms of those on the ground. What do we have a here?...Some kind of polymorpher? Illusionist?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Shield

There are no fire extinguishers out in the open. There does not appear to be a sprinkler system installed in the building. It does appear to be an older design.
Make an Investigate check to find an extinguisher. You can make this check untrained, if necessary

Madame Macabre

They all look frightened, and none of them look like the shooter. None of them are wearing what the shooter wore.

You would really need to start interviewing them to find out conventionally which was helping the Horde.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry frowns.

Too many businesses liked to use older buildings to get around codes and restrictions that would cost them money. Some companies were especially fond of "historical buildings" for that same reason.

He hopped over the counter as he looked around, chances were that they'd have them hidden there. Or in the lunch/staff room, wherever that might be.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The Shield

You find several fire extinguishers behind the counters, hidden from public view.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:1>0 CND: Toughness -1>-2, exhausted next round, vulnerable
Scanners: Senses; Vision Penetrates Concealment , Danger Sense
Pattern Array: Comprehend Machines.
Defensive: Repulsion Field; Permeate 1, Immunity to entrapment.
Wrist Emitters: stunted to Nullify Technology (described below)

Zyzzak frowned at the tamper proof nature of the older model construct. He was suddenly glad Indiana Jones had punched so many Nazis in the face.

He decided to go another tact and modulated his wrist emitters for precise sonic waves to target microchips used in that era and carefully directed the beams from a few paces away, taking care to avoid any processors, hard drives, or GPS logs.
Stunt for Nullify, Broad-Technology, Simultaneous, Precise, Distracting, PR8
Attacking with PA -4/+4, precisely selecting the overloading weapon systems and the electrified chassis to shut them down.
atk: 1d20+8 21
Hit on a Defenseless thing should be a crit. DC 27
If successful, he would surge forward to make sure they didn't turn on again.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry moves quickly pulling out each fire extinguisher he finds and puts it up on the counter in sight.

"Bulwark, some better ammunition for you," He calls out to draw attention.

He grabs the last two for himself moving closer before setting one down and spraying down the base of the flames with the other.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

"I can get the flames out pretty easy if everyone here didn't mind getting really cold and suddenly being on an ice rink.", remarks Luke figuring in his head the best course of action. "Place isn't too big I guess. Might be able to do something a bit more targeted.", adds Luke after thinking on it a bit.

Taking a moment to think it through, Luke begins crafting an ice sculpture that is more flat than tall. He makes the bigger focus areas where the flames are located such that when he's done the base of the flames are covered in ice that owning to the fire are already starting to melt. "Couldn't make water and I've made better patterns, but the fire should take care of making the water for me.", says Luke with a clever looking smile.
The flavour text is my way of saying using create to make ice patches over the fire with focus areas where the flames are and connecting bits as thin as possible.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

After the Canadian Shield has drawn attention to the fire extinguishers Evelyn looks to the wall of ice Luke had created. Following Zyzzak's advise she redirects the metal mass she had been using to smothering the fire to reinforce the wall with a layer of metal. Then she turned her gaze to the collection of fire extinguishers as she rushed over to the counter they Harry had set them on. Without doing anything more overtly dramatic than look at them she uses her control over metal to pull the pins fromt he extinguishers and, as a coordinated group, employs them to fire the fire spreading through the building.
OOC wrote:Bulwark will use the metal she already collect from smothering fires to reinforce Luke's ice wall as Zyzzak advise. Then she'd use her Shapeable Area Move Objects to employ the fire extinguishers Shield found.
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[12] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Just as Bulwark starts to reinforce the ice wall, the robot in the lobby starts shaking and sputtering.

There is a loud explosion from the conference room that takes out the exterior wall to the parking lot. Fortunately, there was no one near there as the cops were still keeping everybody back. The vault shakes a little but the walls are more secure and remain firm. The ice wall cracks and breaks apart but contains enough of the blast that little gets through into the lobby. The bathrooms to the right however are not so lucky and they get blasted.

The robot in the lobby stops sputtering as its armored shell turns grey and cracks all over. Extreme ice and fire inside of it has made the metal fragile and destroyed all the electronics inside of it. It falls forward shattering the armor on it's front side.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

"So yeah...they made kamikaze cyborgs apparently. You guys got it in here? If you don't need me I think I'll go check out that bank wall. Also, where did that safe cracking team go?", inquires Luke. Things were blowing up, which wasn't a good sign after the bad guy leaves.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The two in the vault immediately surrender to Silver Phoenix.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Evelyn took a startled step back and crouched a few inches, bracing herself, when the explosion wen t off on the other side of the ice wall. SHe straightened up and made a quick visual assessment of her teammates, along with the structural damage that she could see. Then she turned to assist in putting the fires out, employing the extinguishers like an infantry fire team.

"Go ahead. You too, Zyzzak, unless you think there is something you can do with the remains of the robot. Shield and I will join you after we finish putting the fires out."

After encouraging Luke and Zyzzak to look into the damage he takes the time to check in with Madame Macabre, since nothing had been heard from her since her evacuation of the hostages.

"What is your status Madame Macabre?"
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[12] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

Cnd: Fatigued
"What is your status Madame Macabre?"
Placing her hand up to her ear to block out nearby noise, Elizabeth responds. "Bulwark, I'm behind the van in the staging area. I have all 12 people purporting to be hostages with me. When I blinked out of the bank and brought them here, the phony hostage that took a shot at you dropped a smoke grenade. When the gas cleared, all the hostages were still present. I don't recognize any of them as the assailent, and I can't tell which hostage doesn't belong. I'll need some help going through the group in order to identify the imposter, over?"