AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by kenseido »

The Shield

"Cameras did spot a dark van driving away as this group was entering. No plates and no view of the driver."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kenseido wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:58 pm Zyzaak

You see no holograms on any of the people nor find any weapons.
Give me an Investigate check for fingerprints.
more investigation: 1d20+16 30
Zyzzak scrutinizes the rescuees, ignoring any looks of disgust or distrust.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzaak

You are able to analyze the casing of the smoke grenade. There are normal signs of handling, but no fingerprints. The person wasn't wearing gloves; the person had no fingerprints.
The Investigate check was for the fingerprint search. Insight is used to read people.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Bruised (-1 Toughness)

Silver Phoenix quietly thanked the Shield as she went to the vault as Bulwark directed her to do. She was somewhat surprised when they simply surrendered and she secured their hands using the restraints AEGIS supplied her with. She quietly brought them out where they were questioned, all the while her opponent's comments kept repeating in the martial artist's mind.

Deciding it might be relevant to the situation, Silver Phoenix speaks up. "During our brief fight te woman kept talking as if she was familiar with, almost as if she had faced me before. But I have never seen her before today."

"That seems odd to me."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Without turning her head Evelyn moved her eyes from the Shield to the police officer as they briefly exchanged information. She nodded, to show that she heard and acknowledged the potential usefulness of the information. But she remained silent for a while, listening to the comments and observations from the members of the team who were gathering information elsewhere. It wasn't until Silver Phoenix join them and shared details of her exchange with the villainess that she spoke up again.

"It did seem like she wanted to fight you one on one. Were there any other people who wore the mantle of Silvers Phoenix before you?"

There is a pause from the Aegis officer as she turns her head to look at the Canadian Shield.

"If this wasn't a distraction, the robbery could have been a way to pick a fight."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[12] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 1
Cnd: Normal
OOC: I just returned Madame Macabre from a Fatigued Condition back to a Normal Condition.
After the trance-like state of the Divination spell subsides, Elizabeth stands and breifly reflects on what she has perceived.

Though she addresses Bulwark, she transmits her information to all her teammates. "Bulwark, I've inspected the remains of the cybernetic organisms. The body parts used in their construction were from two people who have been dead for well over a year. From the resdiual memories that I experienced, they were soldiers who died violent deaths. Beyond those facts, I'm unable to deduce anything else."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND: Toughness -2, exhausted
Scanners: Senses; Detect Fingerprints, Ranged, Microscopic Vision 1, Extended 2
Pattern Array: Comprehend Languages
Defensive: Repulsion Field; Permeate 1, Immunity to entrapment.
Wrist Emitters: Tractor Beam, Move Object 8

Noting the lack of fingerprints on the canister Zyzzak will have his sensors zoom in on the hostages' displayed hands just to confirm that every person is currently presenting as having fingerprints.

[Assuming they all seem to have fingerprints...]

He'll open comms and speak quietly so as not to be overheard.

"Zyzzak to Captain Gracen, there is evidence we are dealing with a being capable of altering their physical body who is the traitorous element among the hostages. It would take more... invasive measures - biological samples, intrusive internal scans and such in order to try to determine which person it is. At the same time I do not which to violate any rights of the people here. How should I proceed?" the alien asks not wanting to jeopardize the investigation.

"If I am to take samples, having a person good at 'reading people' here might be advisable to spot someone about to strenuously object or otherwise smooth over tempers. Or if you wish to employ some kind of deception toward this goal I am likewise not the most suited......
No pun intended on account of my Environmental suit.
" he adds that last after a moment's thought.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

That is a nigh impossible task without getting people to actually show you their hands. Even with "enhances senses."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:15 pm He likewise uses his tractor beams to pick up the smoke grenade canister to rotate it and scans for the oil residues of fingerprints then direct the hostages to hold hands with palms facing him, fingers spread to get a scan of their prints directly off their fingers and compare to any found from the canister.
Was there a problem with this from my previous post?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

Most of them just stare at you like you are nuts. A few comply and they have fingerprints.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The hostages, having been told by the officers they need to be taken downtown for questioning, gets much more angry and surly.

"We'll take them down in separate cars so nobody can compare notes," Handmore says to Bulwark.
Their attitude has moved to Unfavorable.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Injured 1

Harry lowers his voice to try to keep it between him and Bulwark, "You may want to have somebody glad handing the civilians. They're more likely to help if it's us and them vs the bad guys, rather than them vs us."

In his experience people were far more understanding if they thought you were somebody suffering through the same problems as them, instead of somebody who was making those problems.

Speaking at normal volume he adds, "We have a general idea of where the van met them, we might be able to track them through cameras if there are anything in the area, but I suspect that the man hours we'd have to put in aren't going to be worth it in the long run."

"I'm going to take a look at the room Czarina was in, see if I can't find something,"
Harry nods and heads back into the bank.

Honestly he was at a bit of a standstill, and he suspected the end result was going to be that they were going to need to wait for them to try something else before they'd be able to progress. The evidence here didn't seem to line up to anything that could help point them towards Czarina or the Horde. And he didn't expect to find anything in this room either, they'd done such a good job of covering their tracks up to this point for him to expect anything different now.

But due diligence was in order.
OOC: Investigation Check on Czarina's room: 1d20+7 27
Of course, now the dice are taunting me. ;~)
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Handmore just nods absentmindedly as he starts arranging for transport. Bulwark, you notice that he has enough cars, but manpower is definitely down to one officer per vehicle. Most cities run their force that way, usually the only time there are two officers in a car is when an academy graduate is riding with a training officer.

As the Shield looks over the lobby and conference room, there is really nothing behind. The lobby is burned and drowned. The robot is nothing but a mass of worthless plastic and gunk in a brittle metal shell.
Take an HP for wasting a 20.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

Luke had only stepped away a minute to call for some pizza from a place recommended by one of the patrol officers as being one of the best in the city. The hostages were bound to be hungry or if they wren't the cops might like them. Pizza never went to waste in his experience if it was any good. When he came back they were grumbling and the suit wearing teammate was telling them to all show their hands. beneath is his cool exterior he was grumbling deep down.

"I got some food coming to meet you at the station.", announced Luke to the ears of people who didn't seem inclined to listen. "My friend here isn't the best with manners, but he means well. You were all there and saw the pistol get pulled out. No I know you got your rights, but this is standard procedure stuff to keep the cops and everyone safe. This will all go much smoother and you will all get out quicker if you head to the station and answer a few questions with the normal checks cops do. Plus, they'll be food waiting for you.", adds Luke trying to do some social damage control.
Persuasion 29 if possible to help make everyone more amenable to helping
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

While they aren't as grumpy with you, they are still unhappy about the situation. Several more do show Zyzzak their hands, but Luke can hear a few grumbling about the "alien invader." Everyone Zyzzak has scanned has fingerprints, but there are still two holdouts.

"Are we clear to take them downtown?" Handmore asks.
You didn't really add anything to warrant a second Persuasion check. I was literally about to post they were only Indifferent to you, which they still are, starting out as favorable from your first roll.