AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by Tattooedman »

Silver Phoenix:
[Harper Zhao]
Condition: Fine
HP: 2

"I have well developed stealth skills, and I might be able to boost it using my Chi." Silver Phoenix offers. The idea of a rematch with the whip wielding woman is a motivating factor, but the martial artist pushes those feelings towards the back of her mind. The group's focus was on capturing the criminals, not personal revenge.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Then may I do: Concealment [All], Affects Others, Area burst, Flaws: Blending, Passive,?
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Not sure how you justify silencing the engines, and you will still have the air disturbance. If anyone is watching, they will see it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

OOC wrote:For now Evelyn isn't going to comment on the Cloaking Field suggested by Zyzzak. Some mechanical bits seem to need to be sorted out first. However, if something viable does get figured out OOC, I'm willing to have Evelyn use Leadership to counter Zyzzak's Fatigue.
Evelyn's eyes move between Luke, Madame Macabre, and Silver Phenix as each of them comments on the questions Luke posed to the group. After they've quieted he finally speaks up.

"They know we are coming. No avoiding that. They had our base bugged and will know we found out. They may have even heard us talking about going after them. We are not going to catch the Horde by surprise. We are sending in scouts ahead so that the entire team does not get caught in a potential trap. Not to actually infiltrate and perform a commando operation."

After that was clarified the woman raised her left hand, mimicking a VTLl flying over terrain.

"We come in high, over the one mile of open territory ..."

Then he lowers her hand, to illustrate a change in altituide.

... and descend low enough to drop off the scouts once we are over the gas station. The scouts: Zyzzak, Phoenix, and Shield, check the gas station out. If they find something, and there are no traps in place, the scouts signal the rest of the team to move in."
OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[13] -Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
[06] - Flight 7 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

The VTOL approaches and hovers over the gas station without incident.
Everyone getting out give me a Perception or Investigation (not-untrained) check. Investigation has a lower DC.
If you are trying to "get lost" after you disembark, also give me a Stealth check.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

Luke waited for the fireworks. None. He expected some soon. None. From the vantage point of the VTOL, Lukes tries to get the best he can of the area and the facility.Flying up in a jet was bound to draw attention. One the none stealthy ones jumped out, Luke quickly followed suit with a trail of an ice glider.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND: Presumably Rested and Healed
Scanners: Senses; Vision gains penetration, extended
Pattern Array: Computer integration
Defensive: Repulsion field
Wrist Emitters: Cloaking Field

Zyzzak puts it on autopilot and descends under his own anti-grav thrusters looking around for dangers.
investifaton: 1d20+16 30
stealth: 1d20+4 19
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry scans the area as the VTOL rockets into the site.

With a practiced ease he rappels down form the aircraft as soon as it's in place, quickly descending to the ground to begin the infiltration.
OOC:
Investigation Check: 1d20+7 22
Stealth 1d20+10 12
Yeah, not even Hide in Plain Sight is going to help there.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

It's clear to the people on the ground that the gas station is a façade. While the Google Maps picture of it is years old, this is definitely a vinyl replica of the building that once stood here. While very realistic looking, it is not the original building. The windows and doors aren't real.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry pauses, then activates his comms, "This isn't a gas station, it's a plastic mockup. Everything on it is fake, including the doors."

"Zyzzak, are you safe to phase in and take a look?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

First Zyzzak peers through the façade. What does he see inside?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzzak

Inside, there is a medium size metal protrusion which appears to be an entrance to an underground bunker.

You see heat and sparks coming off it like someone is welding it shut from the inside.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND: Presumably Rested and Healed
Scanners: Senses; Vision gains penetration, extended
Pattern Array: Computer integration
Defensive: Repulsion field
Wrist Emitters: Cloaking Field, except radio

After a moment Zyzzak comes on comms. "Scanners show inside is a metal entrance that is currently being welded shut. I'm fairly confident between my fusion cutters and the Commander's ferrokinesis we can make it through the door even if they seal it, or I can phase through and attempt to stop them now. Orders?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

"They know we are coming and look like they are trying to put up defenses. I'm guessing they have another way out again through teleportation. So why not storm it? I can make the seal cold to the point of shattering. If we wait too long they might just teleport out again. For all we know, their teleport tech needs a recharge or something.", opines Luke. He clearly is getting ready to go, but holding himself back.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
Cnd: Healthy

When the report was given, and no traps found at the façade, Evelyn formed a platform of metal under her feet and descended from the VTOL to join the forward scouts on the ground. As she made her exit from the vehicle she gestured for Luke and Elizabeth to follow. On the ground the platform flowed back over her feet and legs. SHe glanced between Luke and Zyzzak as they spoke, but didn't stop moving towards the entryway that was being welded shut.

"I'll open real entrance for us. Shield and Luke, be ready to cover me. I'm going to be vulnerable. Macabre and Phoenix, go on the offensive once the way is open. Zyzzak, get into a flanking position. Strike when you feel it opportune to do so."
OOC wrote:Evelyn will give her teammates time to prepare themselves to breach, then switch her Metal Control to Transform 10. She'll then reform the metal barrier so that it bends inward at one side, creating enough space for us to move through.
Metal Control wrote: - Transform 10 [Any Metal into Any Shape ; Extras: Continuous Duration (+1/r), Dynamic (+1 pp)] * 41 PP
The last bit here is being added due to the fake gas station not having any actual entrance.
Lifting her left hand the AEGIS Captain motioned towards the structure, encouraging one of her teammates to volunteer to breach the structure while she prepared herself. That preparation resulted in her own defenses lowering. Metal flowing off of her and onto the ground at her feet.
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created