AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

You can't tell if any of the ones in the conference room are doing anything, but the robot in the lobby has stopped moving and started beeping.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Feeling rather tired tonight. I'll get Lukes post up tommorrow night.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

In certain circumstances, I do allow Investigate checks to be untrained. Specifically, for specific Search checks. Looking for a fire extinguisher, sure. Looking for something that might be a clue, nope.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I was extremely confidant that most of the team had investigate for some strange reason. Turns out, only about half.
Whoops.
On the other hand, this still makes this the best investigative super team I've ever played in :lol:
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The last game I was running, nobody had Streetwise. Nobody.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kenseido wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:47 pm
The outer shell is still electrified.
You must have posted this for Zyzzak. I take this to mean Zyzzak would have to reach in and touch each component he is trying to influence?

What ability would I need to just interact with a machine like I'm talking to someone at a party?
IRL, I talk to machines all the time when installing software (asking it to hurry up) or trying to get my car to start. I had pictured this ability like that.
Would levels of Reach extend the 'touch' of this ability in 5ft increments?
"Something pithy this way comes."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Investigate is one of those skills that should have been broken up in my mind. Not sure how though given how skills work in 3e. Analyzing dna and physical clues is vastly different from gather information from people in my mind. Fusing all the info all seems like it's own special skill.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:49 pm
kenseido wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:47 pm
The outer shell is still electrified.
You must have posted this for Zyzzak. I take this to mean Zyzzak would have to reach in and touch each component he is trying to influence?

What ability would I need to just interact with a machine like I'm talking to someone at a party?
IRL, I talk to machines all the time when installing software (asking it to hurry up) or trying to get my car to start. I had pictured this ability like that.
Would levels of Reach extend the 'touch' of this ability in 5ft increments?
Communication (Machines) would allow you to interface at a distance without using standard input/output controls. It is the 3e version of the Datalink power.

Comprehend allows you to interact with machines as if they are people. But you have to use their normal I/O controls. You can interact with machines that are completely alien to you. For example, you can interact with a machine that is programmed in Russian (Or Space Russian) even if you do not know the language.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

mrdent12 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:54 pm Investigate is one of those skills that should have been broken up in my mind. Not sure how though given how skills work in 3e. Analyzing dna and physical clues is vastly different from gather information from people in my mind. Fusing all the info all seems like it's own special skill.
Technology now includes Demolition and Disable Device, so thieves and explosive experts also have to be computer and electrical engineering experts.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I can't see justifying a Power Attack or Critical on the Nullify. I am willing to listen to your rational.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Just a heads up. I'll be travelling all day tomorrow. I'll have access to a computer on Saturday morning/afternoon. I can post at that time.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kenseido wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:16 pm I can't see justifying a Power Attack or Critical on the Nullify. I am willing to listen to your rational.
Directing a sonic beam to individual chips takes precisioin therefore taking a penalty to hit so that the effect reaches the exact places that need frying [Power attack]. This is much easier to do on a defenseless, stationary robot, hence the +5 DC to resist [critical].

Seems moot since you've already narrated the results.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:21 amDirecting a sonic beam to individual chips takes precisioin therefore taking a penalty to hit so that the effect reaches the exact places that need frying [Power attack]. This is much easier to do on a defenseless, stationary robot, hence the +5 DC to resist [critical].

Seems moot since you've already narrated the results.
Power attack is sacrificing accuracy for damage. That doesn't really fit your justification since it is dependent on accuracy. In this particular situation, it might be justified, but only because Zyzaak has Penetrating Vision.

Power Attack on defenseless opponents in any situation feels like double dipping to me.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Is al the fires out now or ones Luke can see atleast?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

There are small fires created by the explosion, but they don't seem like they will spread.

The fire extinguishers can easily put out any bits of the fire still burning.