AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Golem

Post by kenseido »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:50 pm That's fair. If it's alright by you, I'll probably still keep the idea that he had a period when he had to relearn everything, because I think it helps play into one of the reasons he became a villain, because they'd give him work without caring if they could understand him.
That could work.
FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:50 pm^_^ What, people don't obsessively stat up characters they never get around to using? For me, I've gotten good at quickly roughing out a character, especially if I use Hero Lab to check my math as I go (incidentally, coaching a new player through this is probably one of the most frustrating M&M experiences, to the point where I think the next time I volunteer to help someone, I tell them it's running a archetype or other prebuilt, or nothing). Writing up the backstory is the part that takes the longest, even when I know what I want to put in there.
I have dozens (hundreds) of characters in a folder on my Google Drive. I make random characters, multiple versions of submissions, and NPCs all the time. Constantly going in and referencing them for future builds. It actually helped get into a game that filled in under 12 hours.
FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:50 pmHeh, it's a storyline that I think a lot of people like, and it lets you play a "bad boy" without actually having to be bad.
I get that. It's not a concept that fits into every campaign. I have seen too many "Suicide Squad" games fall apart because that's what happens when you put a lot of villains together and force them to do stuff. That is why I put the limitations. PCs have to want to be here and do good. Even the ex-villains.
kenseido

Re: Recruiting - AEGIS Squad, Region 2

Post by kenseido »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:37 pm I was thinking about throwing my hat in with an old character I had made, The Canadian Shield.
Would be at least one character who isn't a reformed villain ;~)

Just need to trim the gigantic history down to something a person would actually read... :oops:
Yeah, that background is a bit much. My question would be "Why would a Canadian superhero join an American government superteam and not be a hero in his own country?"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I've updated Penitent's background to add some details about him defending people and the Blackstone Penitentiary during the Invasion.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

mrdent12 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:50 amHe's still a work in progress a little. I want to flesh out his background more and feel a bit uneasy about having skill mastery persuasion plus having it so high. Straight up heroes bore me to play, so I made him not a hero or villain initially before joining Aegis. The plan for his arch depending on how long the game goes is him realizing he is good.
He doesn't qualify as reformed villain, so no worries there. I have three major storylines to map out so far, so this game could go a while.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Tony Jones wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:56 pmI've updated Penitent's background to add some details about him defending people and the Blackstone Penitentiary during the Invasion.
Looks like you broke the image link.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

kenseido wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:42 pm Yeah, that background is a bit much. My question would be "Why would a Canadian superhero join an American government superteam and not be a hero in his own country?"
Short version is: He did work for the Canadian government in their team for a few decades until he just lost the urge to be in a super team.
Went on an extended vacation where he was a hard travelling hero.
Returned when a secret society desiring his shield kidnapped his family members. He rescued them, then they moved away from Canada where the evil secret society was centered.
As for why he didn't rejoin the Canadian team, the guy in charge doesn't really like him (the feeling was mutual).

But now time has passed, batteries have been recharged, things have changed, and it's time to save the world again. :D
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:20 pmBut now time has passed, batteries have been recharged, things have changed, and it's time to save the world again. :D
Fair enough.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kenseido wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:09 pm Looks like you broke the image link.
Hmm... Hopefully just a temporary thing - it worked for me just now.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tony Jones wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:32 pm
Some image hosting companies are weird about hotlinking, and you still see it because it's cached from when you were logged in.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:56 pm
Tony Jones wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:32 pm
Some image hosting companies are weird about hotlinking, and you still see it because it's cached from when you were logged in.
Yeah, I was using MediaFire until recently, when they changed their sharing links. I am checking out ImgBB now.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I filled out Lukes background a bit leaving some gaps as story demands such as who his father is, details of favours he did for various people, etc. I added some languages to reflect him being a social butterfly in a lot of circles. I toyed with keeping skill mastery(Persuasion), but changed it to Fascinate(Persuasion). Taking 10 for 25 would have meant someone indifferent to him under normal conditions would automatically do anything to help him. Seemed a bit too much for me.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

mrdent12 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:15 am I filled out Lukes background a bit leaving some gaps as story demands such as who his father is, details of favours he did for various people, etc. I added some languages to reflect him being a social butterfly in a lot of circles. I toyed with keeping skill mastery(Persuasion), but changed it to Fascinate(Persuasion). Taking 10 for 25 would have meant someone indifferent to him under normal conditions would automatically do anything to help him. Seemed a bit too much for me.
Looks good.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I'm working on a Martial Artist character, build is about half done & I have the begging's of a background.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Putting together a teen hero (late teens), figure an idealist might give the more cynical members someone bounce off.

Planning going with a shapeshifter, so thoughts on variable?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Plan b wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:47 pmPutting together a teen hero (late teens), figure an idealist might give the more cynical members someone bounce off.

Planning going with a shapeshifter, so thoughts on variable?
Variable is always a watch power for me. Unless there are serious limitations on it, it's probably going to be a no.

If you really want to, you can built it as an array with "standard" forms and power stunt rarely used ones.

Also, the hero would have to be 18 or older and a high school graduate.