The Rookies. The game is dead. Thanks.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: The Rookies. CHAPTER 1.'Are you special enough?"

Post by Poodle »

@Conner. You can see some smoke coming out of the toilet door.

@Conner and Brandon. When you get outside, past Danni and her loudly complaiining patient, you see some people moving to the designated waiting point. Some people are leaving and heading back to their cars or elsewhere. In the distance you can hear the wail of a firetruck.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Conner Flanagan
HP: 1
CND: -1 toughness

Waving to one of the officers outside, Conner speaks to the first one he can get the attention of. "There is two people still inside. One is the possible perpetrator of the small fire and the other is wounded. My team and I need to secure the high prisoners just in case some super humans attack.", says Conner hoping the officer would go along.

He looks over the scene for any threats to the two officers or impending ambushes.
Skill Mastery notice 24.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Brandon Warren
HP: 1, LP: 2

Brandon follows up with the police officer that Conner spoke with. He looks at the man's name badge.

"We really appreciate your help in this manner. This is a really important job, and it allows us to focus on the potential meta threat knowing a skilled officer such as yourself is taking care of it for us. Your name will feature in our report, Officer [Insert name on chest]."
Diplomacy check: 1d20+7 27
Wow. I guess that's my 20 for this story.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Danni Morgan

Danni continued to tend to the man as best the situation allowed- even if she was a bit disgusted by his whining. That sort of injury really merited a "Walk it off" response, but well, he WAS just a civilian, after all. She couldn't just clap him on he shoulder and leave...

"Did you see who did this, sir? Can you identify them?" she asked, keeping her tone level and professional.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Douglas Reach
CND: Fine

Douglas didn't linger for Brandon to make up his mind on the matter. He was there long enough to ensure there was no further need for his interjection, then he moved out. Breaking into a jog he made his way to the security monitoring room. Where the cameras and other other surveillance would be viewed from. There he checked in with the people on duty and asked to look over the camera feeds.
OOC wrote:I'll use Skill Mastery to take 10 on both a Notice (total of 20) and a Tactics check, for Douglas (total of 25) to look for sketchy people, and try to determine how someone might try to get at the prisoners.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Douglas. There is still an active fire alarm happening. There is still black smoke coming from the men's bathroom.

@Brandon. Nice work. The officer thanks you and starts to organise the people in conjunction with the fire wardens who are checking names on a list. They seem worried. Too many people have left to get an accurate head count.

@Danni.. The preppy guy says, "I don't know who stabbed me. Someone was holding my arms so I couldn't turn around. I thought maybe I caught a glimpse of someone mexican looking."

You all can make notice checks.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Brandon Warren
HP: 1, LP: 2

Brandon scans the auras of people in the crowd as he heads toward the rally point for the prisoners.
Activate Aura Reading
Notice check: 1d20+8 13
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Danni Morgan

Danni continued working on the man, as best she could- she was basically done with what she could do, but didn't want to just leave him. She di have enough time to scan the area around her, though- mostly looking for courthouse personnel who could take over, but also generally keeping an eye on things...

>OOC: Notice 1d20+13= 20, roll https://orokos.com/roll/909076 . Made it through the storm here mostly okay, but power is a bit iffy right now so I'll keep this short.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Douglas Reach

Douglas points to the monitor displaying dark smoke coming from one of the bathrooms and directs the person stationed in the security station to inform the firefighting personnel.
OOC wrote:Notice check: Notice: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Douglas. There is no one but you in here. Everyone else has evacuated the building.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Brandon all you pick up from the people still here is annoyance, frustration, a little fear from people who were near the guy bleeding. Nothing unusual.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Conner Flanagan
CND: -1 toughness

Conner make his way to the prisoners keeping an eye out for anything. He had his assignment, so he'd stick with it.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

@Brandon Emil, chained to the building, is the only prisoner.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The fireengine is turning up now. The fire wardens rush to meet them. There appears to be a problem. The firemen listen then move to head into the building..
Anybody doing or saying anything to them before they go in?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Douglas Reach

Alone in the security booth Douglas's eyes move over the screens in front of him as he sets them on a regular reputation of different camera feeds. He makes a point of ensuring the fire wardens check into the black smoke. If they haven't by the time the firefighters arrive, he puts in a direct call to the firemen who had arrived on the scene and informs THEM about the black smoke coming from the bathroom.
OOC wrote:Douglas will be monitoring the security feeds. Watching for fire and suspicious activity. He'll also be keeping tabs on the the prisoners we're supposed to keep from getting assassinated.