2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: 2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

Post by kenseido »

A couple of us have NPCs in our background. Would it be helpful if we built them or do you want to do that?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Feel free to build them and put them in the character section. Ill try not to use them like a sword hanging over your head. ;)
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Where is the initial scene opening on? Do we see our characters gather together in a meeting room, the locker room, or some dedicated SWAT facility?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Woot!

Looks like a good team, though I think we might miss having one of those bulletproof guys along...

"Name Pending" is actually Danielle (Danni) Morgan.

I will try to get an IC post up later, but it might have to wait until get home from work.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Conners post up tonight. Yesterday was a good 7 hours of driving
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I just realized Conners unarmed damage of 5 is on par with him shooting someone with the assault rifle without autofire. The only two advantages of the assault rifle is range and autofire, both fairly important admittedly.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah, Brandon's magical blast is rank 6, so the rifle has autofire, but he is not as accurate with the rifle.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I think most of you know me well enough to know that Brandon's thoughts and feelings are not my own.

Brandon is upset with Norbett over a misunderstanding about how Norbett handled his question. Norbett did answer all the questions, more or less - although not in the order they were asked.

While Brandon is relatively good with people (i.e. decent Diplomacy skill), it's not his natural state. He has to "turn it on," like he did at the beginning when he realized he was closed off and slumping a bit.

In any case, I personally am not upset about anything in the game.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I will echo Kenseido. Conners thoughts and words are a product of the build and do not reflect my own. I draw a firm line between ic and ooc.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

It is a new game, a new team- some degree of wobble is expected. I think we are all good enough at keeping OOC and IC in their place.

In terms of in-game leadership, my general instinct would lean towards Douglas, as his power-set is closest to a leader type, but we don't really have a face/diplomat/CHA-monster character so we'll see how things actually shake out. We're going to have to build up our Intimidation and related stuff to keep the bad guys in line though- none of us seem to have gone heavily into the "Hands Up!" skillset.

Maybe Connor can growl at them... (/humor)
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Conner could get a lion or bunch of lions to do the roaring.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I don't think a face needs to be a leader. Just as I don't think a tactician/strategist needs to be a leader. Mr. Fantastic is an example of a leader who is neither. I wouldn't call him a good leader, but he is in charge of the Fantastic Four. That said, I do like playing team leaders, tacticians, and organizers. We will see how it plays out in game though.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I brought this up because I have had previous experience with some people mistaking my character's frustrations with my own. I like creating these conflicts and dramas with NPCs. They make good character growth.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Pcs creating drama and more than just painting by the numbers is always fun.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I have already gotten the information for Douglas' Gather Information check, so I am good to move onto the next scene.