2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: 2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

Post by mrdent12 »

Legalities aside, since I am sure some law or other can cover Douglas, intimidation usage as a skill roll if high enough should get some compliance I'd imagine. If they are career criminals, they'd know not to mess with cops without lawyers once the cop gets serious. If they are anything else, well a cop can be pretty intimidating.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Ah, that is why we get this "shakedown" mission, so we can see how everybody thinks and operates, how the pieces fit together. With a small team, and the kind of cooperation needed for SWAT duty, we want get a feel for how each of our teammates 'tick'...

From Danni's point of view, these guys are obviously criminals- the sort of guys that we would hassle all day long if we were still on Patrol duty (or when we inevitably get busted back down to Patrol for our unorthodox ways- "I'll have your badge for this, McGarnagle!"). But probably not worth a lot of effort from anti-superhuman SWAT.

We will get our act together soon enough.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

In games it's generally smart to give a chance for people to get a feel for their characters before the heavy stuff kicks in.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

According to Texas Law the driver has no obligation to give you anything but his name and documents. He is not required to say anything or give information. It is being a jerk but that is not illegal.
No, the others in the car do not have to give you any information. You do have to tell the driver wbat crime they have committed or that you believe they might have committed.
Also, it is a public carpark, mainly used by people going to court. It is not illegal to sit in your car.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I hope this game isn't going to get dragged down by things the players don't know that our characters would know.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

We all have decent Professional skills- I am imagine the GM will let us know before we get out of bounds (or at least ask us for a roll).
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I know my city started using drones a few years ago.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Yeah, Boston has some serious (but often flouted) rules for civilian use, especially in certain parts of town, but news stations use them. The Police etc. just haven't seem to have caught up.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

No, I mean the police in my city started using drones a few years ago. I saw one in action and later asked about it when I went through the Citizen's Police Academy.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Drones can do scary things nowadays. I imagine most police forces will adopt them once the funds are there.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

kenseido wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:58 pm I hope this game isn't going to get dragged down by things the players don't know that our characters would know.
Me too. As GM I make assumptions that you are all reasonably intelligent people. I also want to allow you to make mistakes. I thought it was clear from the map that it was a public carpark. Even knowing that wouldn't necessarily have changed Douglas' statement. Cops have been known to bend the rules, lie or bluff people they are dealing with.

I did make the assumption that you would know sitting in a car is not illegal.

However, criticism noted. I will try to make less assumptions about what you might now and provide more details without dumbing down the game too much.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sitting in a car isn't illegal. There are regulations about parking, even in "public spaces". Including time limits.

What map are you talking about? I've either overlooked one that you provided, or forgot it existed.

Should I assume Grant doesn't have any response to the information he gave her?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Poodle posted this link when we arrived.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZLnKB8fyjPqgNhci6
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Thank you for reposting the link.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Even if it's public parking, I would have thought just hanging about in the parking lot would raise suspicions and being a high profile day would give cops leeway to ask about people's business in the name of security. If they are hostile, it would give cops reason to be more forceful.