The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - IC)

Post by Bladewind »

Shianna Lo'Nyla

"You must be nuts." Thresher mutters. "I don't need your fancy surface tech Starfish... I can feel the heat of the water outside your bubble. You're the only thing keeping us alive and I am betting we are going to lose a lot of our territory to this!"

The army flowing up from the bottom of the ocean is ignoring you completely - they may be equipped for minimal underwater operation and are actually attacking the surface. Either way, Thresher is right. The damage to the ocean is going to be near catastrophic, IF this is the only breach that is...

Ardent

At least ten parademons are closing fast in a loose formation. It confirms the notion of leaving Superman in pain, humiliated and helpless... the parademons do not seem intent on attacking to kill... However, on seeing Ardent's stance that changes and they concentrate their firepower on her. Her shields hold.

As the door behind her closes, you hear Clark call out a question to someone inside. "You? What are you doing here Harbinger?"

White Rabbit

A new figure appears, letting loose a blast of energy that incapacitates Wingman. She is not someone that Rabbit has ever seen before, displaying little hostility or enjoyment in her task. She looks around and sees White Rabbit, raising her hand to blast another of the X-Titans.

Meanwhile White Rabbit realizes that whatever affected the heroes is not a simple spell or ritual. There is evidence of demon taint. As in they have all been possessed by a demonic entity. The same demonic entity by all indications...

Cyber Girl

One of the parademons takes a solid hit from Cyber Girl's attack, its armor dented by the force of the TK blast. It responds by blasting at the cybernetic hero in turn but the creature's aim is clearly off...

Attack: 1d20+8 10

Scarab

The Wildbeest launches a bolt of force at Goldstar. Her energy field protects her from most of the attack, but when the flash clears her suit is smoking a little and she grits her teeth instead of making a snappy comeback. Instead, she raises her gauntlet hands and hurls a bolt of energy at the

Batwoman

The rat creature's defiance is driven out of him just as his gut feels the impact of the punch. It crumples, unconscious and Mr Spider lets out a low whistle. Black Bat is in really bad shape.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Batwoman

HP:1
CND: Fine

Barbara winds up for another strike, one that will open the creature's throat, but then she hears Black Bat groan.
" Later", she hisses and turns to the other two heroes, her eyes red.
" We need to get her out of here, now. Can you patch up her wounds?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The White Rabbit
3>2 HP | Going to be feeling this very shortly

A smile flicked over her lips in spite of her current situation. Somehow she didn't seem nearly as surprised as she should've been, "The long awaited calvary has arrived!"

Turning towards her possessed friends, she foccused on the key details at hand. Namely, that if this was a form of possession- however strong it may've been- then she was well equipped with dealing with it. "Give me a momment please, mysterious stranger!"

Luna took a deep breath and stood with legs apart even in mid-air. Wind started to sweep around her body as she re-attuned her focus, the odd orchetestral music accompanying beggining to sweep upward. "Slowf taht doolb dnoyeb nosmirc, thgiliwt nihtiw ssenkrad..."

"Evals Nogard!": Nullify 10 (Extras: Area, Broad (Demonic), Concentration), (Flaws: Increased Action {Full Round}) [3*10]
Power Check: 18
Try Again?: 24

Aleady she felt the stamina leach from her body, fueling the spell, giving it concrete form. This was as close to the type of magicks that left her broken that she was ever comfortable trying to recreate.

ooc: Using extra effort to create an alternate effect.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Cyber Girl
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 12, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +14
HP: 3, Condition: Within accepted parameters

Cyber Girl dodges the return fire before attacking again. She uses her extended vision to see if the other demon has resisted her seize control ability.

Attack parademon Tough DC 23: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24
(OOC: Has the Progressive Affliction been resisted by the other demon?)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Scarab
[Teddi Kord]
HP: 3
LP: 2
Condition: Fine

Seeing her teammate blasted by the Wildebeest brings an immediate response from Scarab; she levels a hand at the criminal and lets loose with a plasma blast of her own.

OOC wrote:Scarab's Attack: _: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19, should that hit it is a Toughness DC 25.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Ardent (Violet Rayner-Wilson)
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Bruised -2

Even with the door closed, Ardent maintains a powerful construct barrier across the entrance in case the parademons manage to break in, while she follows Clark inside.

She looks a bit confused at Clark's words. "You said there was someone who wanted to meet me. Did you not know who it was? Then how did you know whether it was a trap or not? Which judging by our parademon friends outside it might well be..."

As she speaks her construct bubble shifts to surround her, Clark and the people she rescued, giving them all protection from attacks coming from any direction.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Shianna Lo'Nyla
HP: 3 LP: 3
CND: in it deep

Bladewind wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:58 am Shianna Lo'Nyla

"You must be nuts." Thresher mutters. "I don't need your fancy surface tech Starfish... I can feel the heat of the water outside your bubble. You're the only thing keeping us alive and I am betting we are going to lose a lot of our territory to this!"

The army flowing up from the bottom of the ocean is ignoring you completely - they may be equipped for minimal underwater operation and are actually attacking the surface. Either way, Thresher is right. The damage to the ocean is going to be near catastrophic, IF this is the only breach that is...
"The tech bound to me that's keeping us alive? You don't need that, huh?" Shianna says unconvinced. "Shut your eyes, I'm alerting the city of Atlantis that something's up over here."

She holds the Cosmic staff aloft and summons several brilliant flashes of daylight. Hopefully Atlantis's watchful Guard will see it and know something is up in this area. Whether they can respond with assistance or how quickly... that was another matter. She pushed aside concerns that she was, in all likelihood a fugitive for her indiscretions (or so she believed).

"Thresher, I'm going down to see the source of that breach. Plug it up if I can, maybe. We might be out of the worst of the heat if you want to brave it, but I'm circling down. Your call if you're staying."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Shianna Lo'Nyla

Thresher seems to take personal affront to the comment. The shark-man doesn't quite comment, and the massive face doesn't show emotion the same as a human face, but somehow he manages to convey a "I am not being shown up by a starfish" attitude in his look...

You manage to get to the bottom of the ocean in short order, despite the water the ground around the still flowing lava scorched the ground for hundreds of meters beyond the incursion site. Even through the shield provided by the staff, you feel the heat building. Thresher has gone quite, showing signs of dehydration from the intense heat...

And yet, you see the shimmer of what looks like a sphere and inside it... a humanoid form ? It appears to be female, with flame for hair. She wears white armor with red highlights and a red starburst on her chest... definitely not someone you recognize. She is looking in your direction, expectantly as the hordes continue to pour through the breach still ignoring you...

Ardent

"I did not know she would be here, no." Clark answers, "I didn't even know she was still on this godforsaken world... but if she's here, we're truly lost."

"Don't be so melodramatic, Kal-El." A woman's voice says, she steps forward from the shadows into the light provided by Ardent's constructs. Even as she takes in the stranger, Ardent feels the hand bearing her ring pull towards the stranger. Covered in a voluminous deep green cloak, she lowers the hood to greet you. Puffy white sleeves are visible, black and yellow bracers holding the sleeves in place. When she lowers the hood, her long flowing blond hair is held back by a golden helmet with a jewel in the forhead. "Well, actually...

"Ardent, your help is needed."

White Rabbit

"More than you know." The woman seems to respond to Luna's comment about the cavalry. "Your help is needed. Come with me if want your world to live."

Even as the woman speaks, clarity seems to come to the eyes of the X-Titans, save perhaps Raven...

The Batwoman

Mr Spider seems unaware on ill-inclined to respond at least to Barbara's comment about patching up his partner. Already small Web Spheres hover around him, having begun the task of trying to save her. After a moment, he carefully (and easily) picks her up, ready to do whatever the Batwoman asks.

When they reach the surface, Mr Spider asks if she has transportation, but stops mid sentence as time seems to freeze around him. A moment later and the Batwoman realizes she is being held in a moment of time. An unfamiliar woman in blue and red armor steps forward.

"Batwoman. I am the Herald of One Who Watches. But we can no longer simply watch... your help is needed."

Cyber Girl

Indeed, the other demon seems unaffected by the attack even as she launches another strike against them.

The unharmed of Darkseid's soldiers raises a weapon and fires on Cyber Girl.

(DC 25 Toughness save)

Scarab

The Wildebeest raises a hand and a missile fires from its forearm, aimed directly at the Scarab.

(DC 24 Toughness save)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The White Rabbit
2 HP | The sort've fatigue that comes from doing a good deed

"Well, I do very much enjoy living on this world...Luna bit her lip even as the corner briefly lifted at some unexplained joke, wishing very much to stay and do what she could here. Raven still seemed to be under her father's sway, but the whispers she heard were urging her to go along. In her mind she knew this is where her story needed to take her. "Titans, I wish I could stick around, but duty calls!"

Shoulders slumping under the weight of her incantation, she turned towards the mysterious herald. She'd have to trust the Titans to do what the did best in momments like this. "Are you leading the way, or am I?"
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Shianna Lo'Nyla
HP: 3 LP: 3
CND: in it deep

Shianna's bubble stopped abruptly upon seeing the encapsulated woman.

"You, are you a surface hero come to help us address this?" Shianna says gesturing to the creatures flooding in, "Or are you with them?" Her question was a challenge but not malicious.

She holds the Cosmic staff in front of her in a neutral, vaguely-defensive posture.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Batwoman

HP:1
CND: Fine

Barbara looks around, then faces the stranger, her entire body tense like a coiled spring, ready to attack if needed. " I need a little more than some vague speech from you. Explain yourself."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Ardent (Violet Rayner-Wilson)
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Bruised -2

Ardent is genuinely confused. "When we first met you told me there was someone that wanted to meet me," she tells Clark. "But now you are saying that that person is not this person. Who were you expecting to be here?!"

She continues using her Insight [OOC: Routine check of 30] to try and figure who whether Clark is lying, is just as confused as she is, or what.

"Behave, Valentine!" she tells her ring, holding her hand back at her side (at least as much as possible). <Why is she so interesting to you?> she asks Valentine mentally.

"I am always willing to help those in need," Ardent tells Harbinger. "But given my responsibilities here, and the threat of Darkseid and his forces to what little remains" - she indicates the group of survivors with a wave of her hand - "Could you explain a little more? No, a great deal more please!"

She also tries to evaluate the woman [OOC: again a Routine check of 30] to see how trustworthy she is. Looking between her and Clark she also tries to sense what love lies within them both, as a further clue to their actions. [OOC: Detect Love, Ranged, Acute, Analytical]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Cyber Girl
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 12, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +14
HP: 3, Condition: Within accepted parameters

Tough: 1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27

Cyber Girl takes the hit against her force field to negligible effect. "You have to do better than that," she quips as returns fire on the injure demon. She continues to lure them away from civilian population.

Attack parademon Tough DC 23: 1D20+12 = [8]+12 = 20
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ardent

"I had begun to expect Harbinger's arrival. But no, someone else was looking for you." Clark says, "Zan-El?"

A twin to the former Superman steps forward, but the green cast to his eyes is not from Kryptonite poisoning, but another source... one whose uniform is familiar to you and to Valentine even if the man in the suit is not. Where a Kryptonian would have worn the emblem of his house, there is a stylized lantern logo emblazoned...

Harbinger interjects,

"Zan-El - it pleases me to see you, I had wondered where you went." Harbinger looks around the room, you notice that all but this Zan-El, yourself and Harbinger appear frozen in time. "You assistance is required as well... although I don't know how you got to this Earth...The Corps is not known to travel dimensionally..."

The Batwoman

With time frozen for everyone but the Batwoman and her interdimensional recruiter, the blond woman attempts to explain.

"It will be easier to show you, but there is a threat to the multiverse - the creature you fought below and its allies are a symptom of the taint. In some realities demons invade, in others parademons... but the cause is all the same and is unrelated to the New Gods... even if one of their number seeks to profit from the chaos...

"I would ask you to come with me so that I could show you and others of your kind my findings. I can return you to this moment if we are successful.

"White Rabbit

You find yourself walking corridors that would remind someone of the Enterprise D from Star Trek. Panels on the wall are a glass black when not in use, carpets muffle footsteps. The ship (?) is empty until you reach the command deck. There, you see a duplicate of your companion in a column of light. Your companion walks to the column and is promptly absorbed into it.

"Hello." a man in a green cloak says, "I am Kell Mossa. Welcome to the Monitor's Satellite. Food Synthesizers are available while you wait the arrival of the others... but I can attempt to answer your questions while you wait. Starting with the fact that I do not know the nature of the threat we face - only that it threatens the fabric of the multiverse and has manifested itself through Darkseid's machinations on several occasions."

Starfish

Time has stopped, even bubbles of air and steam do not move in the water around you as the woman answers.

"Some would identify me as a New God, but I am neither from the surface of your world or an emissary of those that would invade. This invasion is a symptom of the chaos that is building, and one that I would fight with your help, but not from here. I am gathering beings throughout the multiverse to find and fight the true cause of this chaos..."

Cyber-Girl

The Para-demons continue to give chase, with the injured one taking another hit. An energy blast from one of their weapons grazes you, and for a moment your visual receptors see something else, but the image does not remain long enough to register clearly.

One of the demons has been behaving oddly, and has not attacked while the other's attack seems somehow defensive.

Scarab

Goldstar takes another hit from the Wildebeest. Pain is evident in her voice when she speaks.

"Since when does this two bit version of Rocket Red have this kind of firepower ? Something is not right... She launches an EM pulse from her suit. The energy wave goes wild, missing her target.

Ranged Attack: 1d20+8 10
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The White Rabbit
2 HP | The fatigue even a month of rest couldn't overcome

Yet perhaps, she thought to herself, a nice beverage would.

Luna smiled as she practically skipped over to the strange looking wall mechanism straight out of an 80's sci-fi show. Her fingers seemed to know exactly where to push without any instruction, "Earl grey, hot." She spoke to the non-obvious receiver. The girl blinked, finger lifting up just before it finished accepting her request. "Ah- And leave the pot! I've brought my own cup, thank you."

The girl plucked the hat from her head with her left, leaving a cute white bunny-shaped mug and it's little saucer nested in her hair. Retrieving it with the opposite hand, the hat was placed back without fanfair.

"I'm fine with waiting a little bit for everyone else to get here, it's never fun making people repeat themselves." She informed Kell, turning to flash the man an absent smile. "Care to join me for a spot?"
------------