The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - IC)

Post by jmucchiello »

Cyber Girl
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 12, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +14
HP: 4, Condition: Within accepted parameters, maybe
Tattooedman wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:38 pm “So let’s figure out what’s going on here. What were you doing before you ran into us?”
"I was responding to a report of villains rampaging through the city. When I spotted you two I thought it was odd that there were only two parademons working together and not a swarm of them. I tried to lure you away from the carnage."

(OOC: can I reach hq on comms?)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The White Rabbit
2 HP | Waiting quite patiently, honestly

While the other young heroes adjust tot heir surroundings, Luna's eyes start to trail to somewhere beside Starfish's left. She takes a sip of her tea before making an inane comment to seemingly nobody in particular. "Hmm... I certainly hope you can."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Shianna Lo'Nyla
HP: 3 LP: 3
CND: Spacefaring

"So, what can people do?" she asks around the room. "I have read some accounts - current and historical - of the Surface heroes. I've heard of the Lantern people before. I thought the Cosmic Staff might have similar origins - it also projects energy, Moves things, makes barriers and such. But I'm not sure." She says in Violet's direction. "And I *think* I've heard about a bat person before." she says to the dark-clad woman.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The White Rabbit
2 HP | Pleasant conversationalist

Her eyes snap back to Shianna, happy to pass the time. "Well, we will need to know what each other's capable of while working together. I'm a magician, I learned from my mother who learned from her father who learned it from... Well, it goes on quite a ways."
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Shianna Lo'Nyla

Shianna nods. "There are accounts of extremely versatile heroes who style themselves off entertainers. I should not be surprised by anything you're capable of." she says.

"Anyone else?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The White Rabbit
2 HP | Pleased as punch

Luna smiles cheerfully with Shianna's recognition of her roll in life. She looked between both Batgirl and Ardent, curious as to how much they differ from similar counterparts in her own dimension.
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Scarab
[Teddi Kord]
HP: 3
LP: 2
Condition: Fine

"I was responding to a report of villains rampaging through the city. When I spotted you two I thought it was odd that there were only two parademons working together and not a swarm of them. I tried to lure you away from the carnage."
"We got a call about a villain running loose in the city, so we.." Scarab points to Goldstar and herself. "came in to handle the situation. That's when we ran into you looking like the Wildebeest."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Cyber Girl
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 12, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +14
HP: 4, Condition: Within accepted parameters, I thought

"I'm trying to see if there's a glitch in my visual systems," Cyber Girl says. She looks around the city. "I'm unsure how we should proceed. Going back down to patrol the city seems dangerous. What if the next person or persons we misidentify are civilians?"

(OOC: Can Cyber Girl tell if there is still an invasion happening? Can she contact Titans HQ?)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Batwoman

HP:1
CND: Fine

" Good at hand-to-hand, stealth...and I picked up a few tricks from my foster mother. Blood magic and the like"
, Barbara says curtly.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Ardent (Violet Rayner-Wilson)
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

"Well, I'm a Violet Lantern, which as far as I know is similar to the Green Lanterns, but instead of Will, my ring runs on the power of Love. It used to belong to Carol Ferris, Star Sapphire. It protects me and lets me fly, even through space." As she says this the almost imperceptible violet glow around her intensifies and she lifts from the floor for a moment.

"And with it I can make all kinds of violet force constructs, like protective barriers." A small violet castle forms around her. "Tools." The castle turns into a violet crane. "Sensors." Into a small violet radar dish rotating on her hand. "And weapons." The radar dish shifts into an enormous violet gun, then a buzzsaw, then a boxing glove, then disappears.

"Oh, and the ring AI, Valentine, is very knowledgeable and helpful." She gives the ring a smile.

"There is a whole Violet Lantern Corps out there, but I guess Harbinger does not think we need them..."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Batwoman

HP:1
CND: Fine

" A buzzsaw made out of the power of love. My foster mother would have loved the irony"
, Barbara says, chuckling. " Love always was more of a tool for her anyway."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The White Rabbit
2 HP | Quite enthused

"Aww," Luna cops, bring her hangs together after setting her cup to the side. Casually ignoring the use of both coasters and surfaces in general, though still including the essential sound of a clink. "That sounds perfect. Defeating your enemies with the power of love and hellfire. I can't think of a much better combination. Though sadness and snow really would go hand and hand too."
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Ardent (Violet Rayner-Wilson)
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

"Love and buzzsaws go together more than you might think, Batgirl," Ardent says seriously. "It depends very much on the relationship between the two! But yes, the power of Love is quite amazing. Though not when going against Darkseid..."

"But while we have a moment..." She holds out her hand and in a flash of violet light her lantern appears, swirling with violet light.

Holding it in her left hand, she touches the ring on her right hand to it and speaks her oath without a trace of irony:

"For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in Blackest Night.
Accept our ring and join our fight,
Love conquers all with violet light!"

Violet light swirls out of the Lantern and into the ring until, with a flash, the lantern disappears again. "There. All recharged."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The White Rabbit
2 HP | Very enthused

Luna watched the process with no small amount of joy. She'd never had the chance to watch how the lanterns of her own reality went about reaffirming their oaths. This little venture was already providing plenty new to experience.

She clapped in a polite manner, to show appreciation without outright embarrassment.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Shianna Lo'Nyla

After the recharging display Shianna looks to the porthole view out into space where the Cosmic Staff lazily bobs like a fish drifting in a warm current, softly glowing. "Yeah, similar technologies, I think." she says. "Though the charging process is less... dramatic."

"I recovered the Staff and Belt from the wreck of an air vehicle that had sustained heavy damage and crashed into the ocean several decades ago, my time. The remains of the costume I could find was a deep blue with a few white stars incorporated intermittently. There was also a large mechanical suit or, perhaps, full robot; I could not tell."

Here she gets a slightly guilty look. "I brought these things into Atlantis Segundus to study them further though I knew the new king had expressly forbidden Surface artefacts within the city's walls. His hatred of all things Surface is pretty severe. Even me knowing your language is taboo. My interest started out historical but as I learned more of the Heroes of the past I grew dissatisfied with the xenophobic and isolationist policies of my people. When I tried to make contact with the Surface in order to return these implements I was found out. The guards that came must've been instructed to make an example of me. The Staff responded to my distress. It seems to have a rudimentary intelligence somewhere around between a narwhale and dolphin... uh, think talented and loyal pet." she clarifies. "It seems to have a desire to be in situations where it can do good and some of the outliers I have aided have taken to calling me 'Starfish' on account of..." her hand passes over a set of overlapping stars over her stomach, not the 5-armed ones of the forcipulatida but the pattern better mimics the formidable A.planci variety (think two Stars of David superimposed and off-set by 45 degrees). It was her own homage to the original wielder.

"If these have an oath associated to them I have not discovered such." Shianna says. "Yours is quite powerful in meaning a catchy in delivery, though... if your organization were created by an intergalactic species the oath must reconfigure itself taking into account new languages. If those words were translated straight into Antlantean they would not rhyme or have the same symmetric cadence. Truly a wonder."