The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - OOC)

Post by Bladewind »

Been away for awhile, and really want to try my hand at another game.

Game Mechanics/ House Rules
:arrow: MnM 3E, PL 11/165 PP, (Level Trade - 10/180 or 12/150)
:arrow: Skills 3:1 (including combat)
:arrow: Presence yields a social advantage per rank (Negative Ranks of Presence only return 1 pt per rank)
:arrow: I tend to not use Impervious and Penetrating... too clunky for my tastes...
:arrow: Languages - English is always free as is the native tongue of your character. Even if you pick up English after the game starts...
:arrow: Freebies (if any, to be confirmed)

Character Concepts
:arrow: Legacies or links to the Titans (any incarnation)
:idea: Mostly intended to be set in the DC multi-verse, Amalgam or other Universe Characters are possible (but go with Titans in terms of "feel.")
:idea: I am thinking Titans, New Warriors (the originals), Alterniteens, Young Justice (Animated Version), Avengers Next in terms of concepts...
:idea: The B listers ready to step up but not quite at the level of the A listers... yet
:idea: The idea of a DC character with a Marvel identity fits as well - Matt Murdoch as Nightwing... or vice versa
:idea: children or other heroic legacies of existing Titans - a new Cyborg, child of Wonder Girl and Superboy, protege of Robin...
:idea: Players can link their characters to someone else like Dauntless and Relentless from the Alterniteens, but I prefer most characters to be solo recruits...

Potential Worlds of Origin
:arrow: A character that grew up on Warworld as a gladiator in Mongul's arenas
:arrow: A world where Darkseid conquered the Justice League and then the Earth - a bleak world akin to Days of Future Past where mechanized Hunger Dogs replace Sentinels and the few surviving heroes have been taken over and enslaved by Darkseid (Think Justice League Dark: Apokolips War before they regain their freedom and try to save the world...)
:arrow: the future as represented in the DCU Online game
:arrow: Tangent Universe - take a character name and reinvent the character whole cloth
:arrow: A world where Trigon conquered the world and captured/ converted Raven. The Church of Blood controls what is left...
:arrow: Earth 3 - A villain who is a hero fighting the Crime Syndicate...
:arrow: Something more positive where maybe Harbinger and her existing team simply arrive and ask for help as the version of the character has a unique set of abilities that she feels they will need...

Game Pitch
:arrow: Something along the lines of Marvel's Exiles or Green Ronin's Alterniteens...
:arrow: Characters are rescued/ recruited by Harbinger to prevent a major Crisis.
:arrow: You aren't the Justice League, but you are no slouches when it comes to power and talent...
:arrow: As noted, the idea is akin to the Alterniteens or the eXiles... Sliders and Quantum Leap (with Superheroes) is another good analogue... as is the main concept of the 2nd Adventure Time of Crisis...
:arrow: Although the concept/ worlds of origin as presented are pretty bleak for the most part, the game is meant to be about hope...

Her long blonde hair was pushed back from her face by a red helmet, blue armor suggested a warrior of some kind but the design suggested aesthetics over functionality or protection. Greyish-purple boots padded softly as she crossed the corridors of the pristine hallways. Artificial light suffused the area in stark contrast to the darkness in the windows.

If one were to approach a window and look down, a barren and bleak surface suggested no signs of life. Only debris that vaguely looked as if it had been shaped and formed from stone suggested that there had once been a pre-technological civilization, but there were no signs of anything that had ever lived…

Above this sorry landscape, the blonde woman continued on her path, quickly reaching her destination. Her feet left the ground and she floated the rest of the way to what could be described as the command station or bridge of her satellite. Located in the center of the room, consoles and monitors activated at her approach. Two scrolled and flashed through profiles of people; pictures, statistics, descriptions. It was going a little too fast for anyone to actually read but slow enough that names and power archetype could be identified. The woman allowed the search to conduct itself, every once in a while the monitor would pause and the screen appeared to drag the file off to another area before continuing.

"Any luck, Lyla?" A disembodied voice asked the blonde haired woman. Without looking away from the monitor she was reading – images and reports of a site similar to the one below them – she answered.

"No. We are still behind. I have not been able to predict or anticipate a target until it is too late…" Sadness crept into the woman's voice. "It is time to assemble a team. We don't have the ability to intervene fast enough when I do find a target site. Even if it's only to save a few. Anything to start predicting and acting instead of searching and picking up the pieces…"

"Agreed." The voice answered, "Do you still plan the two tiered approached ? One scouting party and one strike team ?"

The monitor searching through profiles pinged, causing the conversation to stop for the moment. Lyla pushed a button on a device affixed to her forearm and the information transferred to a screen closer to her current location. She allowed herself the faintest smile as she surveyed the candidates selected.

"Yes, this is an excellent start. There will time for tears later, for now, the Titans return."

Submissions List
Going forward, I request that you edit the same post and not repost the character if you edit. Thanks !

Athlete - Apollo Crock - MacynSnow
The White Rabbit Loony Zatara - Doctor Malysn
Ardent Tony Jones
Starfish Vivid
Kylun Tasuie040
The Giggler Fuzzyboots
Cyber Girl jmuchhiello
Scarab Tatooedman
The Batwoman Neo Paladin
Red Star Plan B
Piper Captain Chaos
Overdrive pathfinderq1

Cast
The White Rabbit Loony Zatara - Doctor Malysn
Starfish Vivid
Ardent Tony Jones
Cyber Girl jmuchhiello
Scarab Tatooedman
The Batwoman Neo Paladin
Athlete - Apollo Crock - MacynSnow
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu May 06, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Re: The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - Interest)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Definitely interested- kind of cool to see higher-powered teen-hero types.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You got me on board Bladewind & welcome home(just got back myself, not to long ago)....:)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Damn you, Bladewind! I was so set on avoiding new games, but you tricked me into reading more then a few lines... Then bang, idea in my head.

I've got interest, to say the least.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I even got a couple of concepts for ya.....
Robert Renolds:Blue Beetle(I)--This Renolds didn't gain the powers of the Sentry(or go insane cause of it), Archeologist Dan Garett having gone to another dig site instead and Robert(having fallen in with a gang of tomb robber's by mistake) find's the Blue Scarab, becoming Blue Beetle instead. I'd build him more along the lines of the Young Mage Archetype...
Earth 3: The Athlete--Apollo Crock is the Son of the Earth 3 Hero Sportsman(Sportsmaster). While relatively young, he's a member in good standing of the Young Hero team called Young All-Stars(his father being a member of the Adult Team, The Justice Society All-Stars).He'd be built using the Young Protogé Archetype, but with a Sports Motif with his stuff....
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm in.
Tatsuie040

Post by Tatsuie040 »

Like my brother Macyn, I've got a few ideas myself. Here's one of my Ideas(I figured I could get there info from my brother's Macyn Snow's Builds then fix them up for higher levels)
by Tomas Chistowski
KYLUN (Colin McKay-Marvel Universe B lister moded)
Country of Origin: Scotland (adopted home- Ee'rath) Group Affiliations: Defenders
PL 10 (180)/ PL 11 vs. Magic
STRENGTH 4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12) Athletics 4 (+7) Close Combat (Swords) 4(+12) Insight 3 (+6) Intimidation 3 (+4) Perception 4 (+7) Persuasion 5 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Defensive Attack, Follow-Up Strike, Great Endurance,Quick Draw(Swords), Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Set-Up, Takedown, Teamwork, Taunt

Powers:
Metagene Powers: Duplicated Any Sound Heard, Leonine Form
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Mimicking Sounds He's Heard"
Illusion (Hearing) 10 (Flaws: Limited to Sounds He's Heard) [5]
"Lione's Roar" Enhanced Skills 4 & Advantages 1: Intimidation 4 (+12) & Startle [3]
Features 1: Mimicry- +10 to Deception/Perform to Convince Audience Sounds are Real [1]
Leaping 1 (15ft-standing)
Movement 3 (Safe-Fall, Sure-Footed,*Wall-Crawling)
Damage: Strength-*Claws 2(Linked to Wall-Crawling ability /Flaw-Limited: below DMG # for climbing)

"The Blades of Zz'ryia" (Flaws: Easily Removable -2) [20]
Nullify 10 (Magical Effects) (Extras: Simultaneous- All Magical Effects, Sustained +2) (Flaws: Touch Range, Linked: Magical Only) (30) -- (32 points)
AE: "Blade" Strength-Damage +5/+7 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Damage 3 & Pen. 8 only against non-Magical) (13)
AE: Deflect 12 (Extras: Reflection +2) (Flaws: Limited to Magical Attacks) (24)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Swords +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Swords vs. Magic +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Physical Appearance- With light brown fur all over his body, and cat-like eyes, Colin cannot pass for human.
Enemy (Mongal)- see Background, Mongal was the BBG of Colin's world for most of his life and considering he's come back from worse he'd eventually want to get back on of his top drawer's.
Wanted-Colin is wanted by every Combat/Slave Arena in the Galaxy because of his reputation from Warworld.
Reputation-Colin has a reputation for being on of the best(and undefeated) Swordsman in the Galaxy.
Power Loss (Swords)- Kylun's Swords will do no damage to those pure of heart or non-evil- the Swords will merely pass right through the target.

Total: Abilities 54 + Powers 38 + Advantages 15 + Skills 10 + Defenses 15 = Total 132
Background:Colin is from the world known as EA'RTH(Alternate Earth) he was taken at a young age by Space Slavers (he was eight at the time) and sold to Mongal's Warworld for a "quick buck" , Colin gained notary for his honor code( a moded version of the Knightley Code), he recently acquired his freedom when he Killed Mongal after he had killed his life mate in front of him because he had refused to killed a disarmed opponent. Colin is currently on the run from Bounty Hunters that are out to get him for the credit's that the Slave/Combat Arena's would pay for him...
Last edited by Tatsuie040 on Mon May 03, 2021 3:47 am, edited 10 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Wasn't sure if we should elaborate already, but I don't wanna be left out as well. I was picturing either a relative or even daughter to Zattana, with some possible relation to the bat family. White Rabbit, or some variation therein of.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm working on Cyber Girl. An analogue opposite of Cyborg. She looks normal but she is internally able to reconfigure herself into several "states" or forms. So she can be strong or nimble or talk to machines, etc.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Will work on a concept asap.
Is the idea characters from mutiple universes coming together? Sounds a bit like it.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Definitely interested, will think on a concept.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Gonna switch this to recruiting then - between calls at work I will flesh out the intro post some more.

The concepts thus far all fit my ideas. To answer your question Neo - yes, characters coming together from multiple universes but not your Merged Earth campaign....
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - Recruiting)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Okay, thanks for the info!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Updated the intro post with a little tease of who is bringing you together...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Is a direct link to the Titans mandatory?