[IC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [IC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: -1 to Toughness checks

"I agree that attacking their ships one by one may not be absolutely the best way to deal with them, but - from my perspective - it's better than doing nothing," Fulgur tells Crown Princess, her swarm nodding in the air in agreement with what Doll Girl says. "If anyone can spot something that looks like a flagship then our efforts would probably be better focused there, but I haven't noticed anything like that myself."

"As for their falling, my attack is to take control of them, not destroy them. If I can manage it, I will fly them away from the city, open all their doors, and have them dive into the sea, which will hopefully deal with them effectively. And as long as I can see them I can do it from anywhere, for example heading towards the city."

"And thank you for your offer of transportation," she continues to Crown Princess. "But for you to do that I would have to return to human form, in which I lose most of my powers and am much more vulnerable. And will be naked..."
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Unfortunately for Fulgur all the ships (at least the ones that they could see) all appeared to be more or less identical with no indication of which could be the flagship or perhaps even contain the Chainmaker himself, however on the flip side, the alien technology once again fell prey to her powers as one of the ships abruptly ceased its bombardment and began to about face.

If she stuck at it, one by one she would be able to pull a handful of the ships out of the air and send them to a watery grave but soon enough they would get wise to her gambit. Even if they didn't know what exactly was causing their ships to take on a life of their own, the invaders quickly began to land in the city and sink out of sight, while this would rob them of air support they were still confident of being able to subject the humans on their own.

But that was because they had yet to encounter our heroes.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Huh, they're landing. Let's go get 'em," Doll Girl says.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

"Well, that is an improvement on their bombarding the city from the air!" comments Fulgur as the ships - apart from any heading out to sea - drop out of sight below its buildings. The swarm turns in the air and flows gracefully over to Crown Princess. "I can cope with a little nudity if it means we get to the city that much faster, assuming your offer of transportation is still open?"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

"When I'm controlling their ships I can read their data stores as well," Fulgur comments as the data provided by her power flows through her. "They seem to mostly be interested in slaves - for whatever odd reason given the technology they seem to have - but also things of high value. I can see where and when they have raided as well; most of them are places I do not know, but they have raided some places in Earth in the last 300 years."

"Oh! They do have a flagship! But it has already landed. It seems to be a slave ship as much as anything else. They are taking their captives there. I think I can guide us there!"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess
HP: 2 - Condition: -2
Array: Enhanced Strength

"That is fortuitous." The princess looks down at her attire, damaged and dirtied from the battle. being a sun dress, it wasn't well suited to battle in the first place. "A moment to change quickly, gather anything you will need and we can be off."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

HP:1
CND: Fine

" Already got everything I need", Elena says, twirling her twin guns around her fingers. " Party-crashers, invaders, slavers...they are REALLY trying to get on my sh*tlist"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

"Very well then, one moment," Fulgur's swarm nods gracefully then buzzes back inside, where she returns to human form and puts her dress back on before running out again to rejoin the group.

"Oh yes, the ships know their home base, but it is a place I have never heard of and in a time far from this one, so how we might get there I do not know." She tells them what she has found in case anyone recognises it.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

With their preparations made (anything else you guys want to do before we move on, now is the time to do it!) it was time to take the fight to the invaders and in to the city itself, where the mist had already begun to spread even further, rolling through the streets and licking up the edges of the tall buildings that made up the glittering skyline of the city of Tomorrow.

The upshot of this was that our heroes had a surprising amount of cover as they got closer, aided by the fact that by now the ships that weren't up close and personal with Davy Jones right now had already landed, disgorging its crew to subjugate the locals. Something that they didn't seem to be having an awful lot of trouble with, while there was still the sounds of distant fighting elsewhere in the city, here large groups of people were simply being shepherded towards the looming flagship by a comparatively small number of Lion-Men without any sign of resistance, though that may have had something to do with the silver cords currently wrapped tight around their necks.

The flagship itself was a sight (or possibly a site) to behold, whilst most of the invaders seemed to favour a design that could charitably be called a 'longboat', this was an enormous corkscrew shaped structure that curved in on itself embedded in to the very ground at the centre of a large business plaza, the cowed citizens being corralled outside it to await their new fate as slaves of the Lion-Men while their new masters watched over them, their staffs and bolas now supplemented by gunmetal bows strapped to their backs.
Perception (DC15)
Most of the people gathered outside the flagship were civilians, but one stands out, a figure in purple hood and cowl. This is Mystery one of the small number of heroes bar yourselves who call Tomorrow home and a frequent associate of The Futurist to boot.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

OOC: Fulgur perception check: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12; not having a lot of luck with Perception checks right now...

Fulgur remains in human form being carried by Crown Princess as they fly closer; she knows her bee swarm form is not in any sense stealthy so intends to stay human until they are spotted.

"Oh, these guys are going down so hard!" she mutters angrily to herself as she sees what is going on around the flagship.

As they get closer she looks for any insects that may be in the area; she can talk to them even when human and they might have some useful information...
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess
HP: 2 - Condition: Healthy
Array: Enhanced Strength

Harmonia returns wearing her heroing outfit, a sleek number in black with soft pink accents, her hair tied back neatly, ready for action. She is easily strong enough to carry the three others in flight, Doll Girl taking little space and the other two able to grab an arm each as she quickly gets them where they are going. Carefully setting everyone down at a good vantage where they can figure out how to approach this, she notices a figure in a purple hooded cowl.

"I recognize that one, that's Mystery. I wonder if they were captured, or are infiltrating as well.." she points Mystery's location out to the others as best she can from their distance.

"Now...how to deal with these invaders... I somehow doubt they would be willing to relent on the outcome of an honorable duel."
Rolls
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

HP:1
CND: Fine

The fog blocked out the light in many places, allowing Elena to step from darkness to darkness, easily keeping pace with the others. " A direct attack might not be the best idea here. This calls for guerilla tactics. Make the whole operation so inconvenient and costly that they'll pack up and leave."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

Fulgur emits some quiet buzzing and clicking sounds that would seem impossible for the human throat to emit as she talks to any insects in the area. Insects approach and form a loose swarm around her as she talks, not approaching too close to her or to other insects, but close enough to communicate.

Through he insect speech, Fulgur asks them whether they can distinguish the Lion-Men from humans, and if they can, whether they know where in the flagship the humans are being taken (an exact deck number would be asking too much, but 'up' or 'down' should be within their grasp).

"They certainly do not seem the sort of abide by much in the way of honour," Fulgur agrees with Crown Princess' assessment of the situation.

"I guess guerilla tactics are the best idea?" she says tentatively. "I have never been in a wartime or invasion situation like this! And I am afraid I am not very stealthy in my bee swarm form if that would be a problem..."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl is obviously agitated, her high pitched voice squeaks out. "We have to do something. They're rounding folks up. Let's just go bust that up. Now."
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

While the mist that pervades the city seems to have scared off most other creatures (our heroes wont have seen so much as a stray cat or pigeon since they left the beach house) but bugs didn't seem to pay it any mind and soon enough Fulgur had small swarm buzzing and chittering before her in response to her own inhuman tongue.

They could indeed distinguish the two species from one another, fur felt differently if nothing else, and as far as they knew the notfurbigthings were being taken down.