[IC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Dodgson

[IC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Dodgson »

The Sun shone down on Tomorrow in what promised to be another beautiful Saturday, a perfect day to enjoy the warm sands and sparkling ocean that the coastal city was known for in fact. However, for six people in particular there would be no time to indulge, even if the luxury beach house of the city's favourite daughter would be the perfect place to do it, they had far more important matters to attend to today.

They were all expected of course and waiting to receive them at the door was a translucent green woman in a smart business suit holding a clipboard, her hair done up in a tight bun and a small pair of glasses perched on the end of her nose. "Good morning." The hologram began professionally "I am H.O.L.L.Y, Astonishing Industries integrated AI, can I get you any refreshments?"

If anybody took her up on the offer compartments in the wall would slide open and disgorge small mechanical spiders that would set about preparing what they asked for, bringing it right too them and shadowing them until they were done with glass, after all why use coasters when you could use robot spiders?

"If you could please take a seat in the lounge area, Miss Eliza will be contacting us shortly." H.O.L.L.Y continued as spiders clacked and scuttled along the wooden floor around her, gesturing behind her to the open-plan kitchen/lounge area behind her, where a TV was mounted up on the back wall, off to one side a sliding glass door gave a view out on to the decking area (with hot tub!) and the beach below whilst to the other side a staircase led up to the building's upper floor.

Once everybody had made themselves comfortable the television on the wall finally sprung in to life with the image of a dark skinned girl with waist length hair sitting on a balcony, a starry night sky and lit up cityscape behind her. Those assembled would immediately recognise her as the person who brought them together in the first place, the Futurist herself!

"Hey guys, making yourself at home?" She asked, waving at the camera.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

Doll Girl floated up to ring the bell. The translucent AI greeted her. "I do not need refreshment, thanks." She floated in and observed the spiders carrying drinks. They seemed rather large to her. But were probably only scary to normal folk because they were spiders. She floated over to the lounge as directed and sat on the back of one of the chairs. She sat still and could easily be mistaken for a toy as she ensured her pose was similar to something a doll like her could be bent into. When the television was turned on, she turned her head to see it.
"Hey guys, making yourself at home?" She asked, waving at the camera.
"It is very lovely. Spacious too," she said.
Last edited by jmucchiello on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Tacticool
HP: 1; Conditions: Normal

“Yes, Pop. I know Saturday is a busy day at the shop...” a gangly teenager was half-whispering / half-yelling into her cellphone, simultaneously trying not to attract the ire from the other people on the bus trying to get to the public beach and make her voice sound firm-and-determined to her father on the other end. She was failing at both goals. “Talk to Ma! I told her about the Astonishing Internship. She told me she told you. Look, my bus is arriving. I gotta go.”

Zelda hopped off the bus, trying to avoid eye contact with everyone else as the clambered off the bus. She slipped her phone into her pocket, briefly hoping that this one wouldn’t get fried like the last four... She was rapidly running out of ways to tell her parents she needed a new phone.

The beach-house was small, but sleek and modern... and based on its location probably had a value somewhere well north of ‘If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.’ Zelda took in the rest of the area, lots of similar beach houses up and down the shore. Each equally swanky... Ah-ha! There’s what she needed. A large Ford F-350 heavy duty pickup truck, a couple doors down. The bed was filled with shovels, rakes, and other tools. A flatbed trailer behind it was empty, but Zelda could hear the distinct rumble of a riding lawnmower and voices shouting at each other in Spanish.

“Well, I hope they have AAA.”

She glanced up and down the road again. All clear. She reached out and placed a hand on one of the headlights. She exhaled... and with a tremendous crack, a flash of light, and a whiff of ozone, electricity surged out of the truck’s battery and through her. When the smoke cleared, the gangly teen was replaced by a tall, athletic woman in olive drab cargo pants, a skin-tight black t-shirt, and golden aviator shades.

Tacticool jogged up the front walk to the beach house door. The place was alive with electromagnetic signals: AM and FM radio, television, closed circuit tv cameras, WiFi... From Tacticool’s perspective, it was like walking into a room filled with nine-hundred televisions, each tuned to a different channel, and with the volume on max. She exhaled. Inhaled. Exhaled again. Pushing that all to the back of her head, like she’d been practicing.

She rang the doorbell and was shown into the next room, politely turning down the offer of refreshments.

Was... was that a flying Barbie doll?
Hey guys, making yourself at home?" She asked, waving at the camera.
“Affirmative.” Tacticool said, trying to sound as confident as possible and also trying not to stare at the flying talking Barbie doll.

She was failing at both goals.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

The doll lifted off from its perch and flew toward the new girl before the Futurist appeared. "Hi, I'm Doll Girl cause like I'm a girl and I'm a doll." She giggled. "Do you think we'll get to play together?" She waved at Tacticool rather than offer a tiny hand in greeting.
Last edited by jmucchiello on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess HP: 3 - Condition: Healthy

Harmonia Valentine Musa, Princess of the European nation of Musa, arrived to the Futurist's luxury beach house by way of a suitably fancy black vehicle flying those little miniature flags of her country at the scheduled time, punctual as one might expect. Harmonia steps out once the drive has opened her door, wearing a sunny yellow and pink print-patterned sun dress and sun hat. She smiles politely to the other arriving, seemingly unconcerned with how out of place she might seem by comparison.

"I'll have water please."
Hey guys, making yourself at home?" She asked, waving at the camera.
Harmonia smiles to the screen, presuming there to be some manner of camera to display the lot of them to the Futurist on her end. "Indeed. It is quite the marvel." chiming in to agree with the miniature woman. "How has your trip been so far?"
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

Shortly afterwards, a taxi pulled up outside the house and a dark haired woman of perhaps thirty stepped out, paying the driver and watching the taxi out of sight before turning towards the house.

She wears a knee-length bright yellow dress with a small black shawl over her shoulders, carries a black and yellow satchel over one shoulder, and has sensible black walking sandals on her feet. Gold and obsidian bee-shaped earrings adorn her ears, with a matching bee pendant hanging from a thin gold chain around her neck.

"Good morning," she replied to the H.O.L.L.Y.gram. "Yes, espresso please."

She entered the house and was slightly surprised to see a small animated doll sitting on the back of a chair, and a bit less so to see two normal-sized women there too.

"And good morning to you too!" she said to them all with a smile. "I'm Melissa Andronikos."

She sat down on one of the sofas with a view of both the TV and out to the decking area and sipped her tiny cup of coffee.

--

"Yes, your house is very nice," she said to the television when it turned on. "Especially the sea views. The coffee is also excellent," she concluded, raising her cup.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Mason DeSnow
HP-3 CND-Fine CURRENT LOCATION-City Of Tomorrow

A City has it's own...Feel to it. Just like every Setient Creature under that Big ol' yellow sun of our, their as different from each other as we are from Ants. Tomorrow is a Bright, Eager-eyed child what seen their first bit of Legerdemain and are exited for more. It's always fun being back here.But my musing's aside, you came to me to hear how it all started....

As the door open for the Strikingly handsome man, he'll laugh as he states to H.O.L.L.Y.
"Chér(Girl), you've known me How long now? I'll naturally take m'usual..."

Sipping his Southern Comfort, Mason will note any changes to the decor since he was last here as he'll lounge about and enjoy the atmosphere of meeting new folk.As is his want(and Raising), he'll offer the Princess or any of the others his seat when they arrive, giving each a pretty flower as he introduces himself as "Mason DeSnow, your humble Servant". He'll flinch just a little as he see's Doll Girl, but it's gone as soon as it happens, and he's back to his Gregarious self.

When Futurist show's up on screen, Mason laughingly say's to her
"Look who finally show to her own party! Be you Pass a Good Time(Having a fun time) right now Ma Chér(my sweet). So, why assemble a Krewe(Group) for?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

Whistling a gentle tune, Elena strode towards the door, taking both the appearance of the hologram and of a living doll in stride as she asked for greek wine, taking an offered glass and looking for a comfortable place to sit.
" Hey, folks", she said to the others, giving them a little wave, then turns her attention to the screen.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

"Glad you guys like it, I know it's not quite a summer palace but make yourself at home, mi casa es su casa" Eliza began with a bright smile, glad that everything was getting off to a good start "I'm having a blast, I did not know how badly I needed a little R&R until I got here, this place has got a killer spa. Anyway I've got dinner reservations and the traffic here is crazy, shoulda brought my rocket pack but I'm trying to do the whole low-key thing, so I'm gonna cut to the chase. I so owe you guys one for keeping an eye on everything while I'm out of town, don't get me wrong, Mystery is a total badass but she can't be everywhere."

The name Mystery would be familiar to anyone who had been in Tomorrow for any length of time, as enigmatic as her name Mystery was another one of the city's defenders who worked with the Futurist, and while speculation ran rampant about her capabilities and who exactly lay behind her cowl the only thing that could be said for certain was that she was far too perky for someone who claimed to "Totally be a ninja."

"Anyway, you guys got any questions? I'm pretty sure if you need the grand tour Mason's got you covered and H.O.L.L.Y can unlock the labs if that's your thing."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

"After what you have done to help me lending a hand when you need a break is the very least I can do!" says Melissa with a smile. "I do have one question. Are there any threats on the horizon that we should maybe be aware of? Anything we should keep an eye on?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

Elena was just about to open her mouth when Fulgur took the words right out of her mouth.
" Also, any magical hotspots around here? I haven't been to this part of the world before..."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:37 pm Nightsong

Elena was just about to open her mouth when Fulgur took the words right out of her mouth.
" Also, any magical hotspots around here? I haven't been to this part of the world before..."
Mason DeSnow
HP-3 CND-Fine CURRENT LOCATION--City Of Tomorrow(Futurist's Beach House)

Still with a grin on his face, Mason'll make his empty bottle of Southern Comfort disappear(it'll reappear in the waste basket farthest from him). Wiping his hand's on a small cloth, he'll awnser Nightsong's question(all the while wrapping the cloth into a very small square)
"No worries Mé Shá(my sweet), i know this City just about as well as i know St.Baptiste DeLoua and i was born & raised there. I can show anyone intrested where the really...unique magic hotspots are. As for those Couyon's(Foolish people) what want to Raise Rowdy like that proverbial Mouse? Well......some folk are just too stressed & need to stop and 'Smell the Roses'..."
He'll end his short speech by turning the Cloth into multiple Blue Roses, which float to each Lady's hand.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess HP: 3 - Condition: Healthy

"Of course. I am honored you reached out." the princess takes a look around at the others present. "I'm sure this very capable-looking group should more than be able to stand in for you during your break. Please have yourself a wonderful time and don't bother yourself worrying about anything here."

She looked to the others. "And while we may all know the Futurist, it occurs that we do not know each other and we should seek to remedy that. Perhaps over a meal?" her way of speaking is formal, proper, a hint of a European accent that's difficult to place, but her English is quite fluent. "Names first though I should think. I am Harmonia Valentine Musa, crown princess of Musa, but we need not stand on cerimony. Harmonia will be fine." she smiles, giving a small curtsy.

Anyone with sufficient knowledge of the superhero scene in Europe might know of the Crown Prince or Crown Princess of Musa, protector of the Kingdom. They may have even heard of the last time she visited America and was attacked, but teamed up with the Futurist to fend the attacking supervillain off. Magical knowledge may also know that her powers are magical in nature, though the origin of them is fuzzy.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Tacticool
HP: 3; Conditions: Normal

Tacticool stared at the floating blue rose for a second, before plucking it out of the air. It smelled real... That was pretty neat. she thought, A bit cheesy... But neat. This de Snow guy is like way old though. He’s like... Thirty. Stop thinking he’s cute, Zed! Say something! Everyone is looking at you.

“Reporting for duty, Futurist.” she said, trying to make eye contact with the woman on the giant screen tv was hard since she was like three times life size and Zelda had yet to figure out how to take off her digitized form’s mirrored sunglasses. But if she stared straight ahead and kept her answers short, maybe everyone would assume she was just self-confident. I mean, it worked for Schwarzenegger. She looked around the room, nodding curtly to the Crown Princess’ courtesy “They call me Tacticool. I’m basically what the newspapers would call a ‘super-soldier’ or a ‘gadgeteer.’ I basically do everything that she does,” she cocked a thumb towards the Futurist on the big screen, “Only with a lot less jet-packs and a lot more firepower.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl

As the group goes around the room to her, Doll Girl is hugging the rather large flower. "Oh, hi, I'm Doll Girl. I'm sure we're going to have fun playing together."