[IC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Dodgson

Re: [IC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Dodgson »

There were a couple of threats on the horizon that Eliza thought she should probably make sure the assembled group was aware of, the alien mobsters making a push in to the city's underworld that the media called 'the Crays', the sinister metahuman obsessed scientist Professor Zero and the fey trickster who called themselves the Wordsmith, but for the moment she was just happy that everybody seemed to be getting a long (and that Mason hadn't tried to hit on anyone yet) and she was happy to wait for the moment.

Unfortunately for her, her opportunity would never arise, as the video link abruptly cut out and the screen return to static but on the other hand our heroes wouldn't have much time to ponder on what exactly had just happened when their little party was crashed by a sextet (which I had to google) of humanoid albino lions appeared out of thin air! Three of them held metallic staves that crackled at either end with a strange energy while the others hand a strange writhing ball of silver cords hanging by their waists.

<Subdue them! For the Chainmaker!> One of them growled in their own strange language, which nonetheless Fulgur and the Crown Princess would be able to parse, and if anyone was somehow not paying attention to the suddenly appearing felines they might spot that the sunny weather outside was gone! Replaced instead by a thick rolling fog.
Initiative wrote:Okay gang! (Squad? Team? Lads? Fam?) To allow for the idiosyncrasies of PbP, this is how I normally run combat, I'll roll everyone's initiative at the start against the average of the villain's and everyone who beats that gets to go, then the villains then all PCs the villains again and then the PCs and so on and so forth. So without further ado!

Mason 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
Nightsong 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
Fulgur 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
Tacticool 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
Crown Princess 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
Doll Girl _: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29

Gatecrashers _: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14

Mason, Nightson, Fulgur, & Doll Girl are on turn!
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

Going back slightly:
jmucchiello wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:09 pm "... I have no idea how I ended up like this but I'm making the best of it. Why I can fly or my other powers exist--" the card from Mason's card trick glows pink, rises from the table, and streaks across the room embedding itself in a wall "--is mystery as well."
"I sympathise," says Melissa with a slightly sad smile. "Having a mysterious background where one does not know from where one comes, or why, can be ... frustrating."

--

And back to the present:

Melissa's eyes widen as the six humanoid albino lions appear out of thin air, and from their words are not friendly. She concentrates and her clothes and jewelry drop to the ground as a swarm of bees boils out of her dress, roiling in the air and buzzing menacingly.

Sparks of electricity begin to flicker between the bees in the roiling swarm, rapidly growing in number and brightness, until a bolt of electricity stabs from the swarm towards the one who appears to be the lead lion-man (the one who growled <Subdue them! For the Chainmaker!>).

Taser Blast against Lead Lion-Man: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30; Critical hit! In that case DC 25 Fortitude check to resist; otherwise Vulnerable, Defenceless, Incapacitated.
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

Elena stared at the newcomers for a moment before backflipping over her seat, drawing two guns. " This was a really bad idea", she says to the attackers before firing, small motes of pure darkness streaking through the air...
If a 20 hits...
Ranged Attack: 1D20+12 = [8]+12 = 20

DC 23 to resist.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

Doll Girl shouts, "KITTTTIIEEEESS!!!", and flies into their midst. Pink light appears below the feet of the lionoids. "Sit! Sit! Good kitty." She then flies behind one of the lionoids and attempts to hide in plain sight among his fur.

(ooc: Affliction, area burst, selective (just the kitties), Fort DC 20: 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Prone)
Hide in plain sight, stealth: 1D20+15 = [4]+15 = 19 Apparently she stands out against the white fur. People still need to perceive her to target her.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MASON DESNOW
HP-3/2 CND-Fine INITIATIVE--17

Faster than the Eye can see, Mason'll fling his arm's wide as thousands of Card's come firing out from his sleeves like an Insane Slot Machine, covering the lionmen's(?) faces completely....
OOC: i'm spending a Hero Point to add the Power Stunt:Distracting to my mystic blast attack. Here's the roll...
Cutting Card's Attack: 20+5=25--NAT 20 BABY! :D
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

To say that the furry interlopers hadn't been expecting this kind of resistance would be something of an understatement, and they certainly didn't expect one of their target's to turn in to a swarm of bees and immediately drop one of their own. Still they had been given a mission and whatever strange powers these earthlings had, they still feared the consequences of failure more than them.

Clearly seeing Fulgur as the largest threat one of the lion-men seemed to vanish into thin air before reappearing before them and thrusting their staff in to the swarm and letting the hissing energy dissipate within whilst one of its comrades repeated the same vanishing act in front of the Crown Princess, bring its staff down on her in a whirling arc.

Doll Girl might have been small and the general chaos of an impromptu battle would normally provide her with ample opportunity to hide but unfortunately for her, true to their appearance, the Lion-Men didn't solely rely on their sight when they were on the hunt, and she would quickly find herself face to face with another of the beasts and its staff.

<Bring the witch to his knees!> One of the creatures roared, Mason's tactic had worked perfectly in that it had protected Tacticool, or at least convinced the Lion men to look elsewhere for a target, unfortunately for the mage that new target was him, one of the creatures pulling a single strand from the writhing silver mass by their side and hurling it towards his neck like a bolo.

Struggling with the sudden shift in gravity, the remaining Lion followed suit, flinging its own twisting silver weapon towards Nightsong while the continued to try and regain their baring.
Combat
Lion-Man #2
Move Action: Dazed
Standard Action: Attack Mason with Possibility Wyrm, DC18 PL Save vs Cumulative Dazed/Compelled/Controlled if it hits. 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9

Lion-Man #3
Move Action: N/A
Standard Action: Attack Nightsong with Possibility Wyrm, DC18 PL Save vs Cumulative Dazed/Compelled/Controlled if it hits. 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9
End of Turn: Fortitude to remove Vulnerable (DC20) 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

Lion-Man #4
Move Action: Teleport to Fulgur
Standard Action: Attack Fulgur with Energy Stave, DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude vs Cumulative Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated if it hits 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23

Lion-Man #5
Move Action: Teleport to Crown Princess
Standard Action: Attack Crown Princess with Energy Stave, DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude vs Cumulative Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated if it hits 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20

Lion-Man #6
Move Action: Teleport to Doll Girl
Standard Action: Attack Doll Girl with Energy Stave, DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude vs Cumulative Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated if it hits 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14
Heroes are on turn!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess HP: 3 - Condition: Dazed, -1

The sudden appearance of attackers was...well... sudden. Harmonia hadn't had the opportunity to react with any manner of query to the lionmen's intrusion, much less activate her Regalia's defensive force field. She paid for the slow reaction by being struck by one of the assailants' staves, though she was able to maneuvers just enough that it was a mere glancing blow, though the shock of the suddenness of it rocked her momentarily.

"That was quite impolite!" she clenches her fist, magical energy immediatly beginning to well forth and flood from the Regalia to cover the princess in a shimmering magical outline of a force field.
Rolls
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

" Really?" Elena asked as the silvery thing missed her by several feet. " I hope your employer paid you gloriously and in advance because I don't see this ending well for you." Even as she spoke, she cartwheeled across the room, firing her guns on the move...apparently not needing to reload at all...
Using move-by-action to move across the room and fire the guns at the same time - mostly for style, not for any mechanical benefit.
If the 23 hits, DC 23 to resist the damage.
Shadow bullets: 1D20+12 = [11]+12 = 23

At the moment, by the way, the shadow bullets will not lethally injure the target and work more like rubber rounds - just for flavour. She could fire with intent to kill, but when the enemy is not a monster, she doesn't like cutting a mortal life short.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

"Bad, Bad, Kitty. No biscuit," Doll Girl said as one of the aliens appears in front of her. "Now, let's play some more." Again pink light flies toward all the kitties within 30 feet of her and they feel themselves being weighted down to the ground. After that goes off, she flies away from kitty #4 and berates the other kitties for being bad as well before she flies among the lights to hide, again. (plenty of flight speed to do this I believe.)

(ooc: Affliction, area burst, selective (just the kitties), Fort DC 20: 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Prone -- Do you want me to roll the resistance on this?)
Hide in plain sight, stealth: 1D20+15 = [20]+15 = 35 Vanishing completely with a critical success.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Tacticoool
HP: 3 Condition: Normal

There isn’t any apparent motion, she doesn’t draw, she doesn’t reach, even the security cameras of the Futurist which were calibrated to capture her super-speedster allies’ movements fail to pick up any noticeable blur... One second, Tacticool is holding the blue rose that Mason had given her, the next second she’s holding an assault rifle and it’s already at her shoulder.

“Contact! Going hot!” she shouts to no one in particular, she starts to line up her sights on one the lion men when it blinks away from her. She swivels to reacquire with ease, “Teleporters! We should probably take this outside!”
OOC wrote: Tacticool will spend her Standard Action to use her “Assault Rifle (semiauto) attack targeting the Lionman engaged with the Crown Princess:

_: 1D20+15 = [18]+15 = 33

Natural 18 is a Critical Hit (assuming a 33 total is good enough to hit 😊 ) which I’ll use for Increased Effect. For a final Toughness DC of 25.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Dazed; -1 to Toughness checks

Unfortunately Fulgur doesn't manage to get out of the way before the Lion Man activates the staff and the energy hisses through her multitude of bees. They buzz discordantly in response, the previously smoothly flowing swirl of the swarm breaking up into a less organised, more jagged configuration.

Fulgur resisting the damage part of the Energy Stave attack: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17; fail by 6, Bruised -1 and Dazed (this assumes the energy isn't electricity).

Fulgur resisting the affliction part of the Energy Stave attack: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13; fail by 5, so Dazed again (also assuming it's not electricity).

Unfortunately for the Lion Man she can still act. Once again sparks of electricity flicker between the bees in her swarm, until a bolt of lightning stabs from the swarm towards the one who just attacked her...

Lightning bolt attack on Lion Man #4: 1D20+10 = [12]+10 = 22, which if it hits is Toughness DC 25 to resist.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Tacticool wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:52 pm “Contact! Going hot!” she shouts to no one in particular, she starts to line up her sights on one the lion men when it blinks away from her. She swivels to reacquire with ease, “Teleporters! We should probably take this outside!”
MASON DESNOW
HP-2/1 CND-Fine

Grining like a Cheshire Cat, Mason'll suddenly present a large cloth that's in the shape of a large box. Pulling the Cloth away, it is indeed a Magician Disappearing Box with all the Doors open.As he duck's the attack, he'll say
"To quote my Granpappy;Let's throw these Minnow's back in da Rver! Hey Princess, thing dat Regalia ayourn(Of yours) can show these Rowdies the Magic Door?"
OOC: OK, spend a Hero Point to temporarily give myself the Set-Up advantage, then i'll do a Aid Another Action with regard's to Crown Princess(or any other's for that matter), to shove these mook's through my Open Portal which is set about 8 miles from Shore, point down to the water....
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Bullets both shadow and regular (?) flew through the air joined by flashes of lightning from the angry swarm of bees, but for now the Lion-Men stood strong even as Doll Girl's gravity control started to wear them down and leave them open for a powerful counter-attack. It should be obvious by now that the creatures in front of our heroes weren't exactly from around here and the upshot was that they had no idea what Doll Girl was actually saying to them but given how much of a pain she was turning out to be for them that didn't really matter much and unfortunately for her no matter how good she was at staying out of the way, the diminutive heroine couldn't hide from their keen sense of smell.

<I'll deal with their drone, don't let up!> One of them snarled, grabbing another twisting cord from their side and hurling it up towards the ceiling while the other who was similarly armed turned their attention to Tacticool and her rifle.

<Forget about the drone! Get this thing!> Another one shot back, currently pinned to the floor and far too close to Fulgur for comfort he sent another energy pulse through his weapon to try and leave the swarm open for another attack, which one of their comrades was happy to provide, appearing beside them with their own staff.

The last of the invaders wasn't entirely sure what the Princess' regalia did but wasn't going to give her the opportunity to show them and struck out with their weapon, hoping to bring her to heel with a single blow.
Combat
Lion-Man #2
Standard Action: Attack Doll Girl with Possibility Wyrm, DC18 PL Save vs Cumulative Dazed/Compelled/Controlled if it hits 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

Lion-Man #3
Standard Action: Attack Tacticool with Possibility Wyrm, DC18 PL Save vs Cumulative Dazed/Compelled/Controlled if it hits
1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
End of Turn: Fortitude to remove Vulnerable (DC20) 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20

Lion-Man #4
Standard Action: Hold Action to Aid Lion-Man #6 when they move in to Close with Fulgur, All-Out/Accurate attacking for +2 each. D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12
End of Turn: Fortitude to remove Prone (DC20) 1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19

Lion-Man #5
Move Action: N/A
Standard Action: Attack Crown Princess with Energy Stave, DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude vs Cumulative Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated if it hits 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28 That's a crit DC28 Toughness & DC23 Fortitude
End of Turn: Fortitude to remove Vulnerable (DC20) 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10

Lion-Man #6
Move Action: Teleport to Fulgur
Standard Action: Attack Fulgur with Energy Stave, DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude vs Cumulative Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated if it hits 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
Heroes are on turn!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess
HP: 2 - Condition: -2
Array: Enhanced Strength

Harmonia winces as the staff strikes her again, its strange energy coursing over her but doing minimal damage. Had she not managed to get her ring activate with its force field, she certainly would have been knocked out, however, properly prepared, she was now able to shrug off the powerful hit.
Rolls
Hecking Crtiical hits.

Toughness then Fort:
1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24 (-1 for a 23)
1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14 (-1 because I did a dumb and her Fort is only +9, not 10)

I'll take the 23, so she's at another -1
Definately going to use a Hero Point to reroll the Fort save

Fort reroll (Hero Point): 1D20+9 = [17]+9 = 26 Much better
"I do believe it is time you left." With her strength now enhanced by her Regalia, the princess of Musa attempts to grab the lionman assailing her, intent to introduce velocity upon its person and throw it through Mason's portal.
More rolls
Rolling to grab

To hit for Grab: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29 vs Lion Man #5
Assuming 29 hits (which I'm going to become scared of these things if it doesn't lol), it gets to opt for Strength or Dodge to resist DC20 or become grappled.
Last edited by Gunmetal_Rainbow on Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Dazed; -1 to Toughness checks

Fortunately, with her Defence of +12 both the Lion Men miss her with their Energy Staves this time as the swarm recovers itself and flows gracefully around their blows. Phew.

The Dazed from damage still applies to the end of this turn. However, she tries to recover from the Dazed she took from the Energy Stave Affliction.

Attempting the throw off Dazed from Energy Stave: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22; and Fulgur is no longer Dazed from that...

"What in the name of all the gods do you fools want?!" she shouts expareratedly, still coming across to everyone in their native tongue, her voice perfectly clear due to being telepathic rather than audible at this point.

Then she once again attempts to zap Lion Man #4 with a lightning bolt. Unfortunately she doesn't have any attacks that could be used to throw any of the Lion Men through Mason's magic door...

Lightning bolt attack on Lion Man #4: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15; if it hits, DC 25 to resist.