[IC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by jmucchiello »

"Well, they teleport so a cell might not work. Anyone notice them using a device when they teleported?" Doll Girl asks.

(ooc: This is a generic Tech roll to see if she has any insight into their method of teleportation. Tech check: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20)
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

There was a lot for the last of the Lion-Men to think about right now, not only their utter failure to complete their task but also the fact that some of the heroes before them could not only understand them but apparently speak their language too. That obviously wasn't the most pressing concern right now as they weighed up the Princess' offer, they were a good warrior but they were clearly outgunned and simply returning from whence they came would practically be a death sentence, after a few more seconds they dropped their staff and let it clatter to the ground amongst the thick mist that now carpeted the floor.

<Enjoy your victory whilst it lasts...> They growled, slowly raising their hands above their head.
Doll Girl
As far as you can tell there's no device on them that would allow teleportation, in fact beyond the weapons they're carrying, everything else on them looks positively medieval.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: -1 to Toughness checks
Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:27 pm "Call the authorities? I mean, they broke in and attacked us without provocation. Some time in a nice cell would be good for them", Elena suggests.
"I agree! Perhaps we should call SABER to take them into custody and ensure they can't escape?" asks Fulgur. "Lock them up in the Locker? But before that..."

The swarm of bees that makes up Fulgur Alveo flows down over one of the unconscious lion-men furthest from the conscious prisoner, and out of his line of sight, with tiny sparks still jumping from bee to bee.

"Now, let us have a look at you..." mutters the swarm to herself, turning off the ability to be understood by all so as not to alert the conscious one.

Bees from the swarm crawl over and about him, searching him for any clues or technology, investigating him generally, and trying to find out what they can about what the lion-men are and where they have come from.

[OOC: Using Acute Olfactory, Microscopic Vision - 1, and Investigation 20 in particular, but also Perception 10 if necessary.]

As they do this, they also attempt to discretely use their ability to control and communicate with technology on their Energy Stave and Possibility Wyrm, seeing whether it is possible to communicate with and take control of them. Which might give their attackers a nasty surprise should they choose to return...

[OOC: Affliction – 10, Perception Ranged, Cumulative, Limited: Third Degree Only, Affects Objects Only, Limited: Technology Only [Control Technology; resisted by Fortitude, overcome by skill or Fortitude; Controlled] + Comprehend – 2 (Machines)]
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

"Just so you all know," Fulgur says to everyone, using English only so the Lion-Man hopefully does not understand what she is saying. "One of my powers lets me communicate with and control machines. Which I am doing with their weapons, the staves and the tentacle things. I have some thoughts - I'm already trying to figure out how they are turned on and off, how they are powered, and if they have any tracking devices in them - but technology is not really my field. So is there anything else you think I could try and find out from them?"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess
HP: 2 - Condition: -2
Array: Enhanced Strength

Harmonia shakes her head. "From their weapons, I don't think so. In fact, I believe these warriors were attempting to abduct us. I'm certain you will find their weapons, for the most part, are non-lethal in nature, meant to subdue. There are stories in Musa, as well as other cultures, of being fitting this description appearing in a mist, upon flying ships only to abduct folks and vanish as abruptly as they appeared." On that thought, the princess hovers out the smashed deck window and scans the sky, looking for any trace of a retreating mist or flying ships.
Spoiler
Perception: 1D20+10 = [11]+10 = 21
Just in case it is needed
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

HP:1
CND: Fine

" Really? I've been around for 3,000 years and never met one of them. Fought some Werelions near Zimbabwe, though. But they're usually a lot more dangerous than these kittens here" Smiling, Elena steps over to the Lion-Man and runs a hand through his mane. " On a totally unrelated note...what are you using for your fur? Because whatever it is, it could get you a great advertising deal. You know...so you wouldn't have to break in and try to abduct a bunch of superhumans. Think about it."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

"What they said did make me think they were trying to abduct us," comments Fulgur Alveo. "Presumably for this 'Chainmaker' they mentioned. I did wonder whether the sudden fog outside just before they appeared was anything we needed to worry about. I guess the answer is yes!"
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Swarming over one of the unconscious invaders there was nothing they could hide from Fulgur, but unfortunately they weren't exactly hiding much, only some dried meat of uncertain origin and a handful of strange looking berries, at least they looked like berries anyway. Spreading their influence over the lion-men's weapons was far more successful, none of them would be raised against heroes for a while at least, and they readily gave up the secrets of their operation, even if the explanation of their power source revolved around something called a Ditrition crystal. There was no sign of any tracking devices on the weapons, but equally they didn't appear to have any sensors or capacity to record data.

Well that wasn't strictly true, as Fulgur brought the devices to heel she would quickly become aware that the twisting silver mass some of the Lion-Men wore on their belts was alive!

Outside Harmonia would just about be able to see the shape of what was presumably the Lion-Men's ship further down the beach, shrouded in thick mist that still stretched out in every direction. If she wanted a clearer view of the ship the Princess wouldn't have to move far though as another one soared over the beach house, looking like a giant steel longboat, to join a veritable fleet that now hung over the city.

And while all this was going on the only Lion-Man still conscious didn't resist as Nightsong reached out to them, they were very familiar with what happened to prisoners who resisted and instead settled for merely glaring at the goddess and wishing some thoroughly unpleasant fate to befall her.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
Def: 15, Tough: 5, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +0
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

Doll Girl flew out the patio door, following the Princess. Looking up she says, "I doubt the authorities will be able to take our kitties into custody. What do we do about that?" She points toward the fleet.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

"Well, I cannot tell much about these guys apart from the obvious," comments Fulgur to the others. "Strange dried meat and berries is the oddest thing apart them being lion-men. But I think I can control their equipment if I need to. Does anyone know what a Ditrition crystal is? That is what powers their tech. Also, the silver tentacle-things are alive."

"I would hope the authorities can take them into custody like other supervillains!" she comments to Doll Girl. "Otherwise what is the point of the Locker and SABER? But what do we do about what?"

The swarm swirls into the air and flows out to near Doll Girl and Crown Princess. "Ah. That," she says, obviously looking at the fleet of sky-boats hovering over the city, the graceful flow of the swarm taking on a more urgent motion. "OK, I agree that would be a reason why our prisoners can't be taken into custody right now!"

"But an invasion within minutes of our group forming? That must be some kind of record! Have they been waiting for the Futurist to leave town? Or are we just extremely unlucky? Perhaps our prisoner can give us some more information about what is going on?"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Crown Princess

Harmonia sighs slightly. "Could be both planned timing and poor luck for us. In any event, I am thinking we should try diplomacy. We can fly up there and try to speak to their leaders, maybe learn why they are doing what they are doing....whatever that happens to be." she offers, seeing if anyone had a better suggestion.

Returning inside, she takes Fulgur's suggestion to heart and addresses the captive Lionman, once again speaking in the gutterl growls of their language. <I would very much like if you would tell us what your peoples' goals here are. It is clear your intention was to abduct at least one of us, but why? We see more of your craft in the sky outside, is this an invasion?>
Spoiler
Persuasion: 1D20+15 = [5]+15 = 20
And we're back to poor rolls xD I mean, 20 is still good though.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

<We are the last scions of a proud empire.> The Lion-Man growled back to Harmonia, meeting her gaze with one of their own, a lion circling in a cage <The timeways were our hunting grounds and the lesser races were our prey. Until our human slaves sparked a rebellion, the Chainmaker has promised us that should we subjugate this backwater then our rightful place will be restored.>

As the Lion-Man was talking, the image of H.O.L.L.Y flickered back in to life near Fulgur and Doll Girl, while the reception room wasn't in the best of repair right now she was still more than able to project herself, and she had been paying attention "If I might offer a suggestion? Miss Eliza was working on a new iteration of meta-compatable holding cells in her personal lab."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Crown Princess

Harmonia purses her lips in thought as she regards the warrior. <Put simply, can you really consider beings who defeated you as inferior? Who is this Chainmaker anyway? One of your kind?>

The princess looks over to H.O.L.L.Y. "Might be worth testing it out for her."

Looking back to the Lionman. <Will you come peacefully?>
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

The swarm drifts back over to where Crown Princess is talking to the lion-man.
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:43 pm Harmonia purses her lips in thought as she regards the warrior. <Put simply, can you really consider beings who defeated you as inferior? Who is this Chainmaker anyway? One of your kind?>
<And when you say 'backwater', what do you mean?> asks Fulgur. <This city? This world? This time, if you are time travelers?>

<And if you were too incompetent to keep your 'rightful' place before, what makes you think you would keep it any better even should this Chainmaker restore you to it? Surely the fact that you needed some powerful being to do it for you will undermine your pride and your strength, knowing you had to run to someone else like weaklings?> Fulgur continues provocatively.
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:43 pm The princess looks over to H.O.L.L.Y. "Might be worth testing it out for her."
The swarm nods in agreement. "Indeed!"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
Def: 15, Tough: 5, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +0
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

"Oo," Doll Girl says as she flies up close to the hologram's face. "I want to see the lab. I hope the cage is pretty for kitty. Which way do we go, Jolly H.O.L.L.Y.?"