[OOC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Dodgson

Re: [OOC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Dodgson »

Still here! Life comes at you fast sometimes and I have a super hard time saying no to people. I’ll have a post up after work today, promise.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

And we are back! Sorry about that gang :oops:
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Real life takes priority!

Just for the record, Fulgur's technology control is not in any sense Subtle - it is bolts of lightning like her other attacks, just with a different effect at the end of the day. So it shouldn't take the Lion-men much effort to work out where it's coming from...

One question occurs though - with the technology control she has Comprehend Machines. Does she pick up any interesting information from this? If she can ransack any data banks their ships have that might be useful!
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Tony Jones wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pm Just for the record, Fulgur's technology control is not in any sense Subtle - it is bolts of lightning like her other attacks, just with a different effect at the end of the day. So it shouldn't take the Lion-men much effort to work out where it's coming from...
You might have said something IC about sending streaks of lightning at the ships. I thought we were unaware of your attacks.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

You mean like this, as I wrote in my original post?
Tony Jones wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:21 pm Sparks swirl and grow between the bees of the swarm before lightning burst from it in the direction of one of the attacking ships, seeking to take control of its systems as she did with the weapons of the attackers.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

It didn't feel like it was seen for miles around as it shot into the sky.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I thought it was clear enough at the time, especially as it describes the power in game terms right there in the post.

But yes, it's a Perception ranged attack, so if she can see the ships, she can hit them.

I've reworded the post slightly to hopefully make this 100% clear.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Tony Jones wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pmJust for the record, Fulgur's technology control is not in any sense Subtle - it is bolts of lightning like her other attacks, just with a different effect at the end of the day. So it shouldn't take the Lion-men much effort to work out where it's coming from...
That's on me, just saw a Perception range Affliction with Controlled on it and my brain immediately went to mental powers. I'll run a quick edit on it.
Tony Jones wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 pmOne question occurs though - with the technology control she has Comprehend Machines. Does she pick up any interesting information from this? If she can ransack any data banks their ships have that might be useful!
Scanning Fulgur's sheet it doesn't actually look like she has a way of communicating with the ships at range. Admittedly I give a bit of a fudge on delivering the order for Compelled/Controlled because I figure if you've landed an Affliction you should get the benefit out of it (though the way Tech Control works makes this a little wonk but whatevs). If you want to try and get up close or bring one of the ships to you though feel free to raid away!
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Quick thought, I'd also allow it as a 1 point Feature like Mind Link on the Summon power.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OK, I'll have the Feature, thanks! Keeps it simple. I've updated the character sheet to match.

Looking at it the technology control + comprehend machines only comes in at 14 points for a 25 point array in any case, so there's plenty of room for adding the feature you mention.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Cool beans!

Okay then, with that Feature you'll find a bunch of records regarding previous raids that the invaders have undertaken, what they managed to claim (mostly slaves but also precious metals, works of art, that sort of thing), when and where they did it (there are a handful of records of previous raids on Earth over the last 300 years but most of them are names of planets that Fulgur won't recognize) but probably more importantly that the reason nobody could spot the flagship is because it's already landed and that is where captives are being taken.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

*pokes Neo Paladin*
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

One thought about the lion man records - they have where they've raided, but do they mention a home base they go to when they're not raiding etc.? Though I imagine it could well be somewhere none of us recognise, and that we have no ability to actually reach...
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Tony Jones wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:09 pmOne thought about the lion man records - they have where they've raided, but do they mention a home base they go to when they're not raiding etc.? Though I imagine it could well be somewhere none of us recognise, and that we have no ability to actually reach...
Pretty much on the ball there, still if you want to tuck that information that information away for later, go for it! Who knows who might find it a handy bit of info or you could always bug The Futurist for a time machine and go give them a taste of their own medicine :P
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

All information is good information! Even if we can't do anything with it right now...