[OOC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by jmucchiello »

Did #4 move? it wasn't hit by the area of effect Doll Girl is using and that covers a 30 ft radius.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:18 pmSo #2 and #5 are prone in the living room. #3 is standing in the living room. And #6 is on the beach (probably also prone).
Tony Jones wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:59 am#4 is still Dazed and Bruised as far as I know.
Both on the money! I'm keeping track of the enemy status in the first post if you want to play along at home.
jmucchiello wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:46 pmDid #4 move? it wasn't hit by the area of effect Doll Girl is using and that covers a 30 ft radius.
They got hit but since they were already Prone and there wasn't a 3rd degree on the Affliction or anything I didn't see the point in rolling.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

I'm assuming Lionman #5 meant to attack Princess, based on the description in your post, vs the target listed in the attack roll. It misses her all the same. ^^

Also just remembered, Princess should be one less penalty to toughness checks. When she activates her ring, she brings up her protection as a free action (it's sustained), and that is linked to Immunity which includes immunity to critical hits. it's still a hit, but she failed by exactly 5, which is the enhanced DC, so she just barely succeeded on the toughness check.

I'll leave it for now because it's not that important. This is more as a reminder for myself and Dodgeson for moving forward that she is immune to critical hits while her ring is active and she isn't stunned.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Dodgson wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm I'm keeping track of the enemy status in the first post if you want to play along at home.
First I'm hearing about this. Good to know.
They got hit but since they were already Prone and there wasn't a 3rd degree on the Affliction or anything I didn't see the point in rolling.
The first post doesn't list #2 or #4 as prone.

EDIT: I didn't see the IC post when I posted this.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What is the save for the attack on Doll Girl? Will?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

jmucchiello wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:35 pmWhat is the save for the attack on Doll Girl? Will?
It's resisted by PL (as a +0/per rank Alternate Resistance, you'll avoid the target's strong saves but you'll also never hit a weakness), I use it sometimes for weirdy esoteric stuff. Not that it matters in this case because I'm pretty sure that's a miss even before I take away the extra +2 to I gave it by accident.

Lion-Man #4 Toughness vs DC25 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16 Dazed & Bruised

Lion-Man #5 Toughness vs DC25 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16 Dazed & Bruised
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

PL? Power Level? I have never seen such a construct. Is this suggested somewhere in a book I don't know about?

PL Save: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17 Looks like Doll Girl is Dazed.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:47 amPL? Power Level? I have never seen such a construct. Is this suggested somewhere in a book I don't know about?

PL Save: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17 Looks like Doll Girl is Dazed.
Not to my knowledge, I'm shooting from the hip on this one. Also don't they need 25 to hit Doll Girl?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

LOL, yes they do. I think Doll Girl is my first defense over toughness weighted character. So I saw 24 and thought, "that had to hit." So ignore that PL roll. She wasn't hit in the first place.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Those strings on their hips. Are they targetable? I can't find an equivalent to "removeable" in 2nd ed.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:27 pmThose strings on their hips. Are they targetable? I can't find an equivalent to "removeable" in 2nd ed.
Yep, all their weapons are Easily Removable.
Hero SRD wrote:REMOVABLE (FLAT -1 OR -2 POINTS PER 5 POINTS)
Effects with this flaw can be “taken away” from you, removing your access to the effects until you regain it. Typically, this means a power that resides in an object, called a device, which someone else can remove. There are two different versions of this flaw covered in the following paragraphs; the first is Removable and the second is Easily Removable.

A removable power may only be removed when you are both stunned and defenseless, essentially unable to resist, and cannot be removed during action time. This means opponents can generally only remove the power after defeating you (leaving you incapacitated) or through some sort of scheme outside of a conflict, such as a plot to break into your headquarters and steal a device kept there, for example.

An easily removable power can be taken away with a disarm or grab action (see Action & Adventure). This typically represents a hand-held device (such as a weapon, magic wand, remote control, or the like) or some worn item easily snatched from you, like a hat or cloak.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Ugh, I confused this game with a 2e game I'm in.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

I have been using this system for something like a decade and I swear this is the first time I've ever had to look up the Disarm rules.

Lion-Man #3 Strength vs Disarm (DC20) 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23 Resist
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yeah, so since Doll Girl wasn't holding a weapon, she is now holding all the string things.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:26 pmYeah, so since Doll Girl wasn't holding a weapon, she is now holding all the string things.
How so? The Lion-Man needed 20+ to resist and he got 23