[OOC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [OOC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Tony Jones »

And thinking about it, spamming the world so everyone knows that information once we have (hopefully!) defeated them does us no harm at all...
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

And, something that occurred to me whilst I was at work, they're time travellers! Just because this is the last roll of the dice for them doesn't mean that they might not have launched other raids that simply, from Earth's perspective, haven't happened yet. Being prepared might not be the worst thing in the world.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

There is that too...

Oh yes, has it been long enough sorting things out and getting to city to give people a chance to recover any damage conditions?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Absolutely, anyone with damage conditions heals them between scenes.

Also there are indeed some bugs to chat with, I was gonna roll for it but then decided it was gimmie, it's the first adventure, you get to play with all your cool toys.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What are we waiting on?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

I’m just waiting on you guys to do something. So far Fulgur wants to talk to bugs and Harmonia has spotted someone amongst the prisoners but you guys haven’t actually taken any action and I didn’t want to ‘man bursts in with a gun’ you guys just yet.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fair. Random question. Is the power still on in the city?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Power's still on yeah, the invaders don't really have an incentive to bring that down, at least not yet anyway.

EDIT: Maybe should have asked for a Diplomacy check there...oh well, live and learn.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

And another one: Do the flagship or the 'longboats' have any visible weapons? Turrets or whatever? In fact did Fulgur pick up anything like that when she controlled the longboat(s)?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Not visible but you know they’re there because the invaders were using them before they landed. Like most of their other tech their basically just cannons that fire energy projectiles in leu of cannon balls
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Okay gang what I'm getting here is that Doll Girl and Nightsong are going for sneaky shenanigans and Fulgur and Harmonia are going loud, if I'm wrong speak now or forever hold your peace!

Otherwise Team Sneaky give me some stealth rolls and Team Loud go loud!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

More specifically, if JD agrees, Doll Girl should be moving to rescue Mystery so we have an extra ally, then they can act on their best judgement.

Nightsong can use hit and run tactics to strike from various angles as part of team Loud's distraction.

Princess, Nightsong and Fulger are all intended as distractions to make Doll Girl's job easier.

So more like Team Rescue and Team Distraction
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:36 pm More specifically, if JD agrees, Doll Girl should be moving to rescue Mystery so we have an extra ally, then they can act on their best judgement.

Nightsong can use hit and run tactics to strike from various angles as part of team Loud's distraction.

Princess, Nightsong and Fulger are all intended as distractions to make Doll Girl's job easier.

So more like Team Rescue and Team Distraction
Also good! Still need Stealth from Team Rescue but everyone else do your thang. If they choose to go through with it Doll Girl will get a bonus depending on how distracting you go!
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Are we there yet? How far from "camp" is Doll Girl when this starts? Also, a vague description of the camp and where they are holding Mystery would be nice.

EDIT: Time of day? Weather conditions?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

You're a couple of hundred feet away (honestly, I kinda feel the speeds that most M&M characters can move at most distances are a little arbitrary), it is early afternoon and the weather is overcast and cloudy.

There isn't really a camp, the civilians are literally just standing in a big crowd in front of the flagship being supervised by a group of 10 Lion-Men (4 with bows and the rest with staffs), every so often some more of the invaders come out to take a few of the humans in to the ship, Mystery's in the crowd.