For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The man looks up and smiles. " Hello there! Please, do come and sit!"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:12 pm The man looks up and smiles. " Hello there! Please, do come and sit!"
Tipping his hat to the stranger, Jericho replies
"thank you kindly. Names Jericho Cantrell and i'm with The Lamplighters. We're hunting down something whut's been taking children from the communities 'round here. Considering what your currently slow-roasting(point's towards fire), i figger you might know a touch more'n we do on the area..."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Lamplighters? Then you're even more welcome! I'm Rikolf and I've been monster-hunting for a few days. Found a couple of big spiders and a small troll...and these two ghouls. No sign of children, though." He scratches some more tissue off one of the skulls, then looks up again. " Do you folks need help?"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:58 pm " Lamplighters? Then you're even more welcome! I'm Rikolf and I've been monster-hunting for a few days. Found a couple of big spiders and a small troll...and these two ghouls. No sign of children, though." He scratches some more tissue off one of the skulls, then looks up again. " Do you folks need help?"
"More the merrier. Always willing to have aid..." the cowboy will immediately respond. He'll give a short whistle to call the others over so they can introduce themselves...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

Haru enters the clearing. "Honored to meet you, sir. I am Haru." She is obviously trying her best not to use Japanese honorifics and she awkwardly offers to shake the man's hand.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
HP: 46/46 | AC:20 | Pass.Perc:14 | Spells; 2x1st, 2x2nd

The armored form of Jig comes clanking around the bend looking positively dwarfish for all the bulk added by her armor until the helmet retacts showing her young human smile.
"Hi there, Rikolf. I'm Jig." she says. "What do you do with the skulls?" she asks, immediately curious.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Rikolf takes Haru's hand in a firm but not painful grip. " Pleasure's mine." As Jig approaches, his eyebrows rise. " You got a dvergr with you? Out here? The world's truly full of wonders. As for these..." he raises one of the skulls, " probably do some carving, make them pretty - for trophies, you know?"

//Even those who don't know any Norse have had enough encounters with people from that era to know that dvergr means dwarf. He's apparently mistaking Jig for one of the diminutive folk from his home.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
HP: 46/46 | AC:20 | Pass.Perc:14 | Spells; 2x1st, 2x2nd

Jig looks flattered by the comparison; from what she heard the dwarves were a not-overly-tall race of master builders. Though her people were not sub-terrestrial, Jig's tribe were, on a whole, not of a height to those who didn't have to eek out an existence among the harsh radioactive wastes of a post-apocalyptic Mexico. And they were definitely craftsfolk.

Jig bows. "Perhaps a 'dvergr' from a different era." She concedes. "Ooh, if you've other works I'd be curious to see them. But perhaps later. We're pursuing some missing kids."

"Did I hear you'd be joining us?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" If you'll have me. I've been blessed by mighty Thor himself to war against the creatures of darkness and the jotun-brood. So, yes, if you want to save innocents and have need of my axes and strong arms to wield them, I'll tag along." He leans over to carve some meat off of the hunk sizzling on the fire. " Help yourself. It's from a mountain lion."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:00 am " If you'll have me. I've been blessed by mighty Thor himself to war against the creatures of darkness and the jotun-brood. So, yes, if you want to save innocents and have need of my axes and strong arms to wield them, I'll tag along." He leans over to carve some meat off of the hunk sizzling on the fire. " Help yourself. It's from a mountain lion."
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39/39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15 SPELL SLOTS-4/2

Getting up from where he was sitting, the Cowboy replied "Would love to, but sadly we don't got time. Whomever took these youngsters have a plan in mind for 'em & we aim's to stop it beforehand. How fast can you break camp?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Right now, brother", Rikolf says, getting up and kicking sand into the fire. " I can eat and walk", he continues, stuffing the skulls into his backpack and wrapping the meat into a piece of cloth.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:00 am " Right now, brother", Rikolf says, getting up and kicking sand into the fire. " I can eat and walk", he continues, stuffing the skulls into his backpack and wrapping the meat into a piece of cloth.
"then welcome to the Lamplighter's Rikolf, now let's get moving and we'll fill you in on what we know..."
So saying, Jericho'll put action's to word's and start heading for the cave again while getting the Norseman up to speed....
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Child-snatchers? Those are the worst, too cowardly to face a real man! I'll be happy to give them my steel to taste...but you said something about fog? I...I think I...remember...something about a strange fog. A few days ago...when I had just left town to head into the mountains...", Rikolf says once he's absorbed Jericho's info, scratching his scar. "Don't remember much but there was a strange, sweet smell..." He shrugs somewhat bashfully. " Sorry, my memory's not been the same since a couple of years ago..."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Rikolf wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:05 am " Child-snatchers? Those are the worst, too cowardly to face a real man! I'll be happy to give them my steel to taste...but you said something about fog? I...I think I...remember...something about a strange fog. A few days ago...when I had just left town to head into the mountains...", Rikolf says once he's absorbed Jericho's info, scratching his scar. "Don't remember much but there was a strange, sweet smell..." He shrugs somewhat bashfully. " Sorry, my memory's not been the same since a couple of years ago..."
Jericho Cantrell
"that sounds like it alright.We figger it's using the Night as Cover & the Fog as part of the transport. Local law pointed us to a pair of Caves it's likely to be using. This one is smack in the middle of both the town & Sshone indian settlement, both prime 'hunting grounds'..."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

After a couple more minutes, you make your way to the entrance of a cave. There seems to be nothing untoward....or is there?
Perception check, please.