Justice League Reserves (OOC Talk, Rolls, other nonsense)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: Justice League Reserves (OOC Talk, Rolls, other nonsense)

Post by Miracle »

I just noticed it. How jarring is it that I keep switching present and past tense? I just read through the thread and, well, I kinda irked myself.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I can't complain, I do it too.

Also I didn't notice that you had done it too ;~)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Strangely, me neither. Maybe it's cause i've been a GM for so long IRL, i've done it on habit.

Your also running a "Day before" Spy Game while running an Assault Crew at the same time so...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Miracle wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:15 pm I just noticed it. How jarring is it that I keep switching present and past tense? I just read through the thread and, well, I kinda irked myself.
As a player, I always try to post in present tense. But for long passages, that can feel cumbersome.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

(Commandeer TCG)
BACKSTORY:Olaf Grandensson grew up a typical boy in his hometown of Eridiksburg, Sweeden. Oh he was highly intelligent(sometimes frightfully so) as a child, jumping at least two full grades in School. But other than the occasional odd invention, he was perfectly normal. As he grew he became more of a "Townie", marrying his HS sweetheart & opening up a Garage to help his neighbors. He was even blessed with a son, who he named Yuri(given the last name Olafsson, as was tradition in Sweden). The had a bit of a brief problem when his son first developed a Metagene, but Olaf soon corrected that by building a Control Glove his son could use to contain the excess power.
Then the Aliens came and destroyed all of it.
They razed his hometown to the ground as a show of force to the World and he lost his wife,and nearly his Son, to it. Building a Cryosuit from amongst the wreckage of the town, he & Yuri fought them every chance they got, using the names of the two greatest Giant's from Norse Mythology YIMIR & Sutur. Afterward, they were approached by Wonder Woman to join the League Reserves....
YIMIR-Pl 10/120
ID--Olaf Grandensson BASE--The Bilverkstad, Eridiksburg Sweden HERO POINTS-2
ABILITIES: 36points
STR-10(+0) DEX-16(+3) CON-10(+0)
INT-20(+5) WIS-14(+2) CHA-10(+0)
TOUGH-+6/0 FORT-5 REF-4 WILL-7

SKILLS: 13points/52 skill points
Computers 4(+9), Craft:Chemical 4(+9), Craft:Electronic 8(+9), Disable Device 4(+9), Knowledge:Physical Sciences 8(+13), Knowledge:Technology 8(+13), Notice 8(+10), Search 8(+13)

FEATS: 9points
Accurate Attack, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Defensive Roll 2, Defensive Attack, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Equipment 2(10 ep:Bilverkstad)
BILVERKSTAD(10 equipment points) SIZE-Small TOUGHNESS-10 FEATURES-Concealed, Communications, Computers, Garage, Library, Living Space, Power(Justice League Teleporter), Workshop

POWERS:(Drawback--Normal Identity, full round, 4points)--46points
"YIMIR(DEVICE 11):"Cryosuit- Hard To Lose
Cryo-Blast: 10--Alternate Powers:CREATE OBJECT 8(Extra:Continuous), "Targeting Systems(Accurate 3)"
IMMUNITY 6(Cold Damage, Heat)
PROTECTION 9(Extra:Impervious 6)
SUPER MOVEMENT 5 (sure footed 4-- Flaw:Limited to Icy & Snowy Surfaces)
SUPER SENSES 2(Infravision, Track)
COMMUNICATION 5(radio)
SPEED 3(skating, 50mph)

COMBAT: 16points
ATTACK--4 GRAPPLE--4 Damage--10(Cryo-blast), 0(Unarmed)
Defense--+9 Knockback--+10 Initiative--+7

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation:Justice--Olaf is dead-set on keeping other's from suffering as he & his son have...
Relationship:Yuri--The widowed father just want's what's best for his son(Weither his Son think's otherwise makes no hill o'beans in HIS opinion)...
and here's Yuri Olafsson, aka : Sutur(currently off with the JL equivalent of the Teenage Team, in this case The Titans)...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat May 01, 2021 3:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Not sure the League HAS a teen-age squad for Surtur- at least they didn't when I asked for Michelle's background. Looks kind of cool (ha ha, I'm funny) otherwise.

Can we call him Frosty?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 pm Not sure the League HAS a teen-age squad for Surtur- at least they didn't when I asked for Michelle's background. Looks kind of cool (ha ha, I'm funny) otherwise.

Can we call him Frosty?
He might look at you like your an idiot, but sure ! :)

Technically the Teen Titans/Young Justice would count for a "Junior League"(especially if Miracle's borrowing how the League works from the YJ cartoon).
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Ymir is 20 points over budget. You'd need Sidekick 24 to pull off the Loose Cannon build. We're basing off the setting off of Prime Earth in the comics. I think I have to bring that last point up every time someone asks :mrgreen:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

If i dropped Sidekick (for now), would that out me "in the Black" you think?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'm right on 120 now, point-wise.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:48 pm Alexa Flemming "Lookout" Team Infiltration
Active Effects: Mind Control of a bunch of bruisers (hopefully)
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

"Actually it's you who are interrupting," Alexa says getting in his face. "Step aside," she commands. "We need some fresh air. C'mon Ashleigh." She starts pulling Ashleigh toward the west side door.

(ooc: Mind Control, area burst, selective (all the bruisers in the room within 40 feet), mental link, subtle 2, Will DC 18. Anyone who fails is commanded to stop those who succeeded from stopping us from leaving. And then she uses her awareness to again try to follow the effect on Ashleigh.)
jmucchiello wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:00 pm (OOC: none of my people were controlled enough to intervene? Alexa was also dragging Ashleigh the other direction.)
OK, I did misread that. Have a hero Point. Make a note next reaction that it felt like the puppeteer yanked the strings.
Poodle wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:39 pm Salvo hp 2

Salvo knew a honeytrap when he saw one.

"Thank you but I am looking for my girlfriend."

Ooc - Salvo wil use his "hide in plain sight" feat to ditch the woman. Pull on his IR goggles and teleport into the club.
Stealth: 1d20+12 23

Even though the photo looked fake to him it did show that his team mates were being targetted and probably him as well.
She cannot beat that. But do you really want to put Infrared Goggles on in the middle of the afternoon? I mean you can freely blind yourself, just asking.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 am I'm right on 120 now, point-wise.
+4 attack, +10 blast, equals up to PL7. Suggestion, drop three points of Impervious and put Accurate 3 on the Blast. Call it Targeting System or something like that. Would give you three Power Feats on Create Object as well.

Another suggestion, Drop a point of Base Defense and get two Dodge Focus or Defensive Roll. You'll be PL10 Defense then instead of nitpicky 9.5

Other than that... cool :mrgreen:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Alrighty then....And TADA! :)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Not the Protection itself. The Impervious. Protection 9 Impervious 6.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Miracle wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:49 am Not the Protection itself. The Impervious. Protection 9 Impervious 6.
Whoopsie....Alright, just (re)corrected.