Justice League Reserves (OOC Talk, Rolls, other nonsense)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: Justice League Reserves (OOC Talk, Rolls, other nonsense)

Post by Miracle »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:43 am
Miracle wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 am Did Dr Impossible just double tap King Shark?
One moment, let me check his chart here.....Why yes, it look's like i DID order a Double dose on Shark! :lol:
Hm, no save needed then. I think execution of someone like so would be played out. Maybe some reactions from the crew would suffice.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Miracle wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:50 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:43 am
Miracle wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 am Did Dr Impossible just double tap King Shark?
One moment, let me check his chart here.....Why yes, it look's like i DID order a Double dose on Shark! :lol:
Hm, no save needed then. I think execution of someone like so would be played out. Maybe some reactions from the crew would suffice.
Normally i'd argue that Impossible would never kill anyone....But it fit's narratively that he'd do it, as Shark IS a Known & Convicted Mass-Murderer so it's not like he's been given Multiple chances to Reform....So i'm cool with it.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Is there any way to intervene, between first and second shot if the first shot puts him down? In 3e, I would use Interpose, but it looks loike 2e Interpose requires you to be adjacent...

Steadfast is NOT okay with casual execution, no matter who it is.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I doubt you have to worry.
King Shark still has a toughness of 11.
That means if he rolls a 12 or higher he takes no damage at all.
I think he'd need to roll a 1 or a 2 just to be KOed.

Besides, I don't think anybody is really going for lethal damage.
Not on the first mission trying to work for the Justice League ;~)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:25 pm I doubt you have to worry.
King Shark still has a toughness of 11.
That means if he rolls a 12 or higher he takes no damage at all.
I think he'd need to roll a 1 or a 2 just to be KOed.

Besides, I don't think anybody is really going for lethal damage.
Not on the first mission trying to work for the Justice League ;~)
I normally don't go for Lethal at all(i don't like the thought of Anti-Heroes, tbh), but it would fit Dr.Impossible's original outlook that the double-tap might be his Knee-jerk reaction to a threat like King Shark. Basically, i'll invoke my Amnesiac Complication if that's Cool with GM & you guys....
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Well, there will probably be some fallout with the League and the Doc's teammates if he tries to off a super villain.

On the other hand there's still a 75% chance King Shark just goes "What keeps poking me?" oblivious to anybody's attempts ;~)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

It's less about the mechanics and more about the action itself. I can roll with the dark tone, but it really doesn't feel superheroic anymore. Suffice to say, there will be consequences.

As for players. Are you good to keep going forward this way? Either or, we'll nail something down.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'd rather it not get so dark in tone(it's YOUR world after all Miracle and i don't want to step on toes here), but Narratively it would fit for the PC...
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I'm not against antiheroes. The league has had a few over the years. But I think tryouts are probably where they weed out the murder prone. Dr Impossible and King Shark are going to be teleported away for consequences.

MacynSnow, you can make a new character, but we shall proceed.

A few notes. I know we're not in a four color era. I'm not expecting silver age vibes. bBut also not dark/iron age vibes either. If you must, meet somewhere in the middle. Capise?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

It's all cool. I think Doc was a Little too Iron Age for this one. I'll go Tall(PL 10/120 points) with the Next one...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Alright i got a couple ideas here for the "New Guy",but since i don't wanna step on the Teams toes i'll give the general idea(they'll be Pl 10/120)...

Goliath(Powerhouse--Growth): basically "Jack O'Shaunacy" was recruited by Green Lantern in Coast City as he was helping with a Local Disaster...

YIMIR(Battlesuit--Cryo Tech): a Foreign hero, he was recruited by either Wonder Woman or Superman from the U.N. When he stopped Terrorists associated with Intergang. He has a pre-teen Son whose Fire metagene would've killed him if not for Power Damping Gauntlets...

The Sailor(Amphibious Warrior): a modern Demi-god and Child of one of Poseidon's Daughters, he's become any Ally to a lot of Coastal-based Heroes, so was a natural pick for the Reserves...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sounds interesting.

Goliath - The Thunderer might fit into the same powerhouse role, +2 damage/toughness -2 attack/defense shift. Though honestly most of the characters are alike at a microscopic level, it's all about style that sets them apart, right? ;~)

Yimir - I don't think we have a battlesuit yet, also I kind of love the name

The Sailor - I think that would be the third god like being on the team? Beware the god squad! ;~)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

If Salvo and Orphan don't respond in another day, I'll shoot them a PM and keep the thread going.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I've decided to go with Yimir, as i like the idea of the RPing potential of a Father/Son dynamic (they also make an intresting counter to Stargirl & S.T.R.I.P.E.S Father/daughter thing). I'll post him here if you want Miracle by late tomorrow, i want to get this right on the first go...
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Yup, go at it here. Not the character thread. Character thread is for finished characters!