Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

That can certainly be a thing one could find easily enough
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

"Could be handy. Shall we look for one?" Lloyd asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"Well, you could. I reckon they'd charge and arm and leg for one. I figure I got an easier way," Dog says cheerfully, "Take one of Moria's waterskins and douse your blanket. Fire resistant, reusable, and cheap."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Hm... We can ask around when we get back. We have a little bit of time." Ericka added.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"It seems you think the axe-wielding leader might burst into flames. Our guy didn't seem to indicate he had those abilities. He just seemed to be obsessed with flames and burning things." Moira says hopefully assuaging fears. "And yeah, we can use our waterskins if flames do break out." she says, supporting Dog's idea.

"I think we're good to just get back to the guild and rest up for the evening's activities."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

LATER THAT EVENING...

The crew has geared up and headed out to the Old Shelby Farmhouse after a brief stop off at Thorson's forge to pick up some newly fitted and upgraded armor. Gathering a little intel while learning where to even locate the farmhouse, it is situated on the side of a cliff overlooking Secare River south of Sepulcur (Meaning Ron wasn't entirely all honest, he'd said fields on all sides, though to be fair, on the other side of the river is also fields). The famr itself was abandoned quite some time ago and now the house is mainly rotated between bandits and outlaws, often only temporarily.

The fields have not been tended in a long time as bandits don't typically care for such manual labour, so there is little to provide cover from that approach, and the cliff offers little as it overlooks the river the group would have to approach, making the farmhouse difficult to approach stealthfully. The house itself is in a fit state of disrepair (Bandits don't take a hand to carpentry either it seems), and not overly large.

The night is lit by a half moon by the time the group arrives, giving precious little light, but also covering their approach. The farmhouse is currently dark inside, though a large fire burns out front that can be seen for a quite a long distance. There are a few clouds in the sky that intermittently block the moon, blanketing everything in near complete darkness.
Presuming moira would reconnoiter the area, go ahead and give me a Perception check. Anyone that wants to use a spyglass if they have one can do so as well. It is disadvantage being so dark, which I beleive only cancels the advantage of using a spyglass in the first place. And just a point of note, you are not at all obligated to do this at night. If you want to set up camp and wait for daylight to get a better idea of what you are dealing with, that is an option as well.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
I'd rather go tonight, it was recommended so as to better avoid the lookouts.

How long would it take to cross the intervening area to get to the building proper?
If the timing makes sense, when they make to sneak forward toward the farm house Lloyd will establish a Whispering Wind link to each person, in case communication is needed.
Arcane Trick
Whispering Wind, {Just as groves speak root to root, Lloyd sets up a line of silent communication with another}
- One target at L range can talk silently with caster for 1 minute.

He'll also put up shielding before going in to the farmhouse when they finally make it there.
Need rolls for those?

Perception @ disad: 4D6 = [3, 5, 1, 1] = 10

Lloyd sees nothing but the mercenary woodsman wasn't surprised at that.

stealth: 7D6 = [5, 2, 3, 5, 2, 3, 4] = 24

2 successes, for when they move forward.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Spyglass gives autosuccess
spot: 9D6 = [6, 4, 4, 5, 6, 4, 3, 5, 3] = 40
3 total
Moira will narrate what she sees.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

Ericka has half an eye on her malumeter, glancing up only when she notices Moira bring up her spyglass. "Let me know if you see someone on patrol. I... Might be able to glean something from them, at a distance with it."
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Between her spyglass and the birds eye view provided by her raptor, sharp-eyed Moira can make out two guards by the bonfire and a smaller light inside, probably just an oil lamp, but after a few circles of the small farmhouse, she feels relatively confident that there are four others inside. Based on their arrangement, the one in a room by himself seems most likely to be Boris, but she can't make out enough detail to be absolutely certain.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

She'll share the information with the others.
Is the farmhouse 1 story or two? Are there open windows? is the room we think Boris is in on the field side or the cliff side of the Farmhouse? Does it have an outward facing window?
"I can cover you guys best I can from here and Raptage can join you when you get to the house, then I'll Relocate to him." She says referencing an Arcane Trick of hers.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:14 pmIs the farmhouse 1 story or two? Are there open windows? is the room we think Boris is in on the field side or the cliff side of the Farmhouse? Does it have an outward facing window?
A little two story place.
There are many broken windows, but none that are "open" open.
The one you think may be Boris is on the side, neither facing towards or away from the cliff.
There are windows on all four sides.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd nods at the information.

"How close for meter?" he asks Ericka.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"Thiry meters," She looked over at Loyd, before turning back to Moira. "May I use the glass? Point out where you saw them too. I've... Not tried it over this distance, but in theory..."
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Moira will show her what she can.