Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

Ericka sighs, and for not much more reason to discharge her spell harmlessly casually stabs Boris's cooling corpse. She'd watch for a moment with some anatomical curiosity at what Petrification might do to it, before moving to help secure the area. "Moira, do you think we could... set up a perimeter with your totemic weapons?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Boris' body petrified outwards from the wound, rather quickly in fact. In seconds there is a stone statue of what was once a corrupt man.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 6>3>4
Raptage AT: 4>5

Moira waits until the gang is away before answering in low tones. "Duplicates only last an hour - not a long-term solution. While I could ask Raptage to stay up the night, as an extra set of eyes, the spirit will need to rest the next day - which is fine." She adds quickly. "But it's not enough for a 'perimeter'."
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd will recommend standard person watches to supplement the raptor-watch but otherwise the precautions everyone seems to be saying is fine.

He'll serve his own watch stoically, curious if Boris's Akuma Master will show itself.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The night progresses tensely. Between a group of bandits who still could try something, and the possible threat of Boris' master ambling up for revenge, the anticipation could be cut with a knife and at the very least, the bandits don't really sleep and are restless, should any of the wielders check up on them. There are still some minor food stores, and with the river nearby, plenty of water.

Eventually, the sky begins to brighten as the sun sleepily makes it way into the sky. The night is done, and with no catastrophic events or wholly legitimate concerns becoming reality.

Once the bendits are let out, the one who spoke for the group before steps forward. "We don't rightly like the idea of turning ourselves in to Sepulcur....regardless of our reasons, if they don't lynch us right away, they'll like as not make us wish they would. And we get it, it's consiquences of our actions..but that also doesn't give us the chance to try and balance the scales.... in Sepulcur, we won't be able to make amends that way...we'll just get locked up and rot away in prison for who knows how long. We want to turn ourselves around and do some good to make up for the bad we've been doing...can't well do that in a cell."

The bandits shuffle uncomfortably as the speaker continues. "But....we don't wanna fight you neither. We know we wouldn't stand a chance against wielders... so.. it's up to you. You want us in cells, we'll follow you back.."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 2 Wounds: 5/5

"Best chance is they wind up jailed for a long time and go right back to what they're doing after they're out. Worst? They hang," Dog says, "I say let 'em run. They made some bad god damn choices, but now they get one chance to make a better life."

"And if they don't? Well, they were afraid of him and we wiped him out without trying,"
Dog smiles a vicious smile, "And that's if the Akuma doesn't come looking wondering where their little pet went."

"I'd say finding a nice little town and living a nice quiet life is the only way they get out of this."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd nods at the mercenary's assessment. While he'd still think the town would be better served with a work program he admits he doesn't know much about the penal system of this or any other city, in general. He trusted Dog's more extensive knowledge of the subject though.

Lloyd nods his assent and waves his support for the former gang's departure.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

The young woman didn't hesitate much before nodding in response as well. "I... Yes. I agree. With Boris, you've seen some of the worse that humanity has to offer. I hope that, perhaps, you've lost your taste for... Violence."

Her eyes shift slightly to the side, trying not to think about herself.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira is making notes on some last minute measurements of the Boris statue - part of her deal to test out the penetration rounds for the gunsmith. Her opinion is... mixed... when it comes to the gang being punished. By all accounts these were bad men even before Boris was in the picture the Akuma zealot just turned their activities to destruction and ruin, and they chose to go along with it.

"Let them go make lives for themselves. Make up for their life choices up til now." Moira says standing and wiping dust off her knee guards.

"But I swear, if I hear of new road bandits in this area..."
she holds up an arm signaling for Raptage who obliges by descending only to have Moira invoke her Totemic magics and, in an instant, the predator bird thuds to the ground as a savagely large kodiak bear, looking all the more gargantuan in contrast to the sleight huntress next to him. "... we'll be back." she says, mounting Bearrage with a climbing leap holding tufts of the beast's fur.
The bear turns away from the gathering, orienting toward the city and Moira brings a spyglass to her eye, surveying the route for possible dangers.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura listened to the other Wielders. She doubted there were enough cells in Sepulcur to hold such an influx of prisoners all at once.

She figured they'd scatter (few, if any, wanting to stay and face the justice system of the town), meaning at most one or two new bandits in the surrounding towns at worst. Presuming they'd continue in that line of work.

And if they did ? Moving would have just bought them a little more time before they were caught and dealt with.

She agreed with Dog's assessment of the situation.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The bandits part ways from the hunters, looking sufficiently convinced with the warnings. Fortunately (for them) they do intend to change thier life courses and this chance that has been given to them may just be the one they need to do it.

Heading back to Sepulcur, the group doesn't encounter any particular danger though while keeping a shapr eye out, Moira does spot some large, circular tracks on a slight detour from the city.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Umm... guys.... we'ren't we looking for a big, hooved, devourer?" Moira asks taking the spyglass from her eye. "I think I see some tracks a bit off to the South. It would delay our return somewhat to check them out, but I'm up for it."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
Vivid wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:58 am Lady Moira Sterling

"Umm... guys.... we'ren't we looking for a big, hooved, devourer?" Moira asks taking the spyglass from her eye. "I think I see some tracks a bit off to the South. It would delay our return somewhat to check them out, but I'm up for it."
"Oh yeah." Sashura replied, "The armorer said something about a Warchmogger. A huge deceiver, at least twelve feet tall, with arms like tree trunks with hooves instead of hands. Pulverizes the ground it walks on. He said he's doing some kind of experiments, and would upgrade our armor if we managed to bring back at least one of its hooves."

She thought for a moment then asked Moira "You still have some of those enhanced rounds, right ? We know they work on corrupted bandits. Just wonder if they work just as well on actual deceivers."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"Detour okay. City not in danger. Can ask after 'Petram' and 'Helmontra' at Guild whenever we DO return." Lloyd says voicing support for investigating now.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka nods, "I- Yes. We shouldn't leave a known deceiver nest go unacosted."
------------