Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd thanks the guard captain and will be sure to do as directed before leaving. He'll wait until everyone meets up again before speaking on what they learned. "The gang leader, Boris, is not human anymore." he says, then goes into what all the would-be arsonist was... incentivized to tell them, including the warning of sentries and advice to go at night including the possibility that the some or all of the gang could be convinced to stay out of the fight.

"Any thing I missed?" he asks his companions.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"I... that seems comprehensive." Moira says surprised. "We should tell the Guildmistress that the lead bandit is Corrupted. Grey, cracked skin, not unlike the silver crocs we fought. Fire in his eyes. Twin axes that neither glow nor flame inherently. We still don't know how big their gang is or how they're armed but getting that info with the... means available to use would have been too costly." she says without elaboration.

"What have you been up to, Dog?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"Doing some shopping, chatting with the locals," Dog says casually, "Got a location on one of the local blacksmiths we should probably check out."

"Any luck with the town clowns?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd will catch their ersywhile companion up on what transpired including showing him the map they got. The woodsman has the sense to be circumspect about it in case the gang had watchers or informants in the city.

"Blacksmith is good. I can use a few things." he says. "And we should probably go to farmhouse at night."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

The walk to the armorer's doesn't take terribly long, even if it is in the opposite direction of the guildhall. The group finds themselves surrounded on all sides by all manner of smiths that make all kinds of things from weapons, to tools to every day items like pots and pans, however, with the directions Dog got from Hans, finding Thorson's forge is easy enough.

The sound of hammer on metal clangs rhythmically and continuously, you'll very likely hear it in your dreams when next you sleep. The forge is a stocky building with a chiney belching out smoke. It has a draw down hanger door which is presently closed. Attched would be the shop proper where Thorson's sign hangs and the door sits propped open.

Inside there are many examples of presumably Thorson's work, pieces of armor in varied styles and varied materials, each labeled with prices. Behind the counter, a woman looks up from a ledger. She's like as not nineteen as most, but no dainty flower is this. She has arms that have likely swung a hammer to anvil from the moment she was strong enough to lift the hammer. She is attractive in a fashion though, even if she has a smudge of forge soot smeared across her cheek.

She pushes back her long, brunette hair and appraises the group. "Welcome to Thorson's. What c'n I help you with?"
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira also explains what they found. Not dissimilar to what Sashura and Lloyd discovered.

She was happy to accompany the others to the Blacksmith's. She could top up her supply of bullets.

"What are people looking to get?" Moira asks the others.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"You must be Miss Franny," Dog says with a smile, "Gentleman named Hans said you guys were the best armorers in the city."

"Was looking to add a couple pieces to my kit and was wondering if we could see what you've got for sale."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Franny looks at Dog and gestures with a wide sweep. "Ah! Hans! Havn't seen him in an age! Well, all the regular stuff you'll find in the shop here. Nothing custom fit mind, strictly off the rack as it were. If you want any fitting or custom work, you'll have t' talk t' daddy." She seems prefectly friendly and almost innocent to a point, despite looking like she could flip a wagon if she were of a mind to do so.

"Didja have anything perticular in mind?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"Well, I've got some heavy armor for my chest and legs, but I'm still needing some armor for my arms and a good helmet. Plate would be good. I'd like to be as hard to hurt as possible the next time we run into a gang of twenty bandits," He shakes his head.

He glances at the others, "You guys need some gear?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"I would like metal for feet and hands." Lloyd says, his words seemingly spent in the interrogation. He seemed happy to be his normally laconic self. "If they insulate from energies, good too."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira looked over some of the fitted plate chest pieces with a longing. "I... shouldn't. I'd have to redesign my whole armor layout." Moira replies. "If there's a shop that sell bullets, that'd be good. Or if anyone is particularly quick at Weapon modification that would be sought after too. Doubtful though."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Franny lifts a hand in a half-way shrug "Bullets I can help with. Rudolph makes those. He's three buildings down to the left when you exit here. He's a real nice fella, might give you a discount if you sweet talk him a bit. For modifications fer yer weapons... I mean, plenty of folk around here do that, but daddy would say..." she stands straight, sticks out her chest and plants her hands on her hips, an evident parody of her father as she drops her voice lower to imitate as best she cam. "...It takes as long as it take!"

"That it does, Fran. That it does." comes a voice from a doorway off to the side. A hulk of a man fills the frame wearing a smithing apron and belt lined with hammers and files, he sports short salt and pepper hair, bushy eyebrows that have been ravaged by errant sparks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

The girl shuffled her feet slightly as she looked over the pieces, her fingers trailing juat above the various pieces on display. From the momment she'd give in, Ericka knew she wouldn't be able to back down from touching each one. Doubtlessly the father and daughter well very skilled at their craft, and a large part of her very much wished to experience the same emotions they felt when forging.

Forcibly, she drew her hand back before having a chance to actually give in. It'd make for a very poor first impression to loose herself so easily.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Your dad is a wise man." Moira says, just as the smith rounds the door and speaks. Moira gives an embarrassed grin and wave. Even if it's good things, being caught talking about someone behind their back was a little awkward. "I'll... go check on those bullets." she says with a half-curtsey as she ducks out of the door to follow the lady smith's directions.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Moira is able to find the bulletsmith shop easily enough. Going inside, there are boxes lining the walls on shelving, presumably with different caliber bullets inside.

There is an older man at a workbench along the back wall, working away with a mechanism he's using to, apparently, assemble the bullets and apply the primer. He's bald in top with a wisp of gray around the sides and back, grease smeared on his hands and clothes, large glasses with little arms for magnification resting upon his nose.