Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

With the spyglass in hand and the bandits by the fire pointed out, she tries to focus her mind through the spyglass. She really did have no idea if this would work like she hoped it would. As the connection attempts to form between her and the target, she posses her questions.

'Where is your leader right now? How many people are within the farmhouse?

Tier 2 cunning: 3 (3,1,4,1,1,6,5,6) Tier 3 cunning to resist, Nondetectable
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Dart gives Range S, which is only 12 meters. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you guys probably didn't want to stage your approach THAT close.

If you want to sneak closer for that, I'll definitely need a roll.
Last edited by Gunmetal_Rainbow on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

"Hmm. Well, no easy way to sneak up on THAT house !" she noted to herself, then figured that was probably the whole point.

On a clear, very dark night, one can see a candle a mile away - but nothing else.

So she decided to listen carefully - in case someone (or someTHING) was sneaking about in the dark.
Perception (listen) roll
Listen check 71421: 6#1d6t6 0 0 0 0 1 0
0 [1d6t6=3] 0 [1d6t6=2] 0 [1d6t6=4] 0 [1d6t6=2] 1 [1d6t6=6] 0 [1d6t6=5]

1 success if Disadvantaged, 2 if not.
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"So, how many of these guys was there supposed to be, again?" Dog asks quietly watching the building idly.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

"Both men were very cagey on other members in gang, but both keen on us killing Boris." Lloyd says. "And we had warning how tough sneaking up would be. That's why nighttime. Moira sending copied bear on other side of house from where we sneak, make noises, might be good too."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

She'd felt the magic come to completion, and yet... The connection wasn't there. It seems she was too far off, and there was no way she'd risk stealthing up now without real backup. Ericdka handed the spyglass back to Moira, shaking her head. "Causing a distraction using a totemic bear, however... While it might make them more alert, it'll draw them away from us too."
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira

"That... is a great idea!" Moira says a little embarrassed not to think of it on her own. "I think we're far enough away that we can risk a Haunt. And in the dark the growl of a bear could be anything really."

She takes the gun in her hand and ask her fellow wielders to take up positions and gives a moment's concentration.
Then changes the newly created empty gun into a bear.
Spawning 1 Haunt that hopefully someone can quietly dispatch.

She'll shift senses back to raptage to make sure the Farmhouse was undisturbed by the activity.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"Uh... so we don't know if there's five, or fifty of them?" Dog looks suddenly less enthusiastic about this plan, "Don't get me wrong, I like a scrap as much as the next guy, but we really ought to get a count before we go charging in."

"They might not be as well armed or kitted out as us, but you get enough people against each of us and we'll be having a real bad day."

He talked a good game about that fight against the bandits in the woods, but the truth of the matter was that until the numbers were evened out they were in a really bad spot. And even with even numbers the only reason it hadn't turned into a blood bath for both sides was because the bandits realized they'd bleed too much, that it was easier to just wait for a softer target and it didn't cost them anything to walk away.

These guys? From what his friends had said, they were likely to fight to the death out of fear of their boss.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"If we get enough of them together at once, or if we wanted to make an entrance..." She trailed off, forming another version of Tectus in her hands and slamming its hilt into the haunt.

CUnning: 1 success
Attack: 2 success
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira gave a grateful nod to Ericka.

"You didn't talk to the guys." Moira says to Dog. "They did NOT like this guy. Boris burns people alive. Given half a chance they say the rest of the gang would leave him to be taken out by us." she says. "And we did ask. Short of going into his mind and ripping the information from it, he would not budge about his fellow gang members - names, numbers, armaments, nothing." she says, feeling the older merc's criticism.

"I think we have the best plan we're going to in order to do this - cover of night, a good distraction, him alone in a room. What more that we have access to would make you feel more comfortable about this operation? Anyone?" she asks opening it up to the whole group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd remains vigilant for any other Haunt that might appear but he still replies.

"I'm good to try sneaking opposite side from bear"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"But that's my question: Is he alone?" Dog asks, "Or is there a bunch of men in there with him? Sure those men would be happy to see him go, but if they're afraid of him they'll fight until he drops to avoid becoming his next target. We can't rely on them not trying to kill us."

"Look, I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just asking: what's the rush? We should take a day, use your fancy goggles to track who's coming and going. This place makes it impossible to sneak up on during the day, it also makes it impossible for them to sneak around."

Dog sighs, "And if y'all are still stuck on going now, then I should be the one to go in to scout. I'm fair sneaky and if I leave my gun and I can teleport back if things go sideways."

He shrugs to Lloyd and smiles, "Beats running with a small army on your backside."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:43 pm Between her spyglass and the birds eye view provided by her raptor, sharp-eyed Moira can make out two guards by the bonfire and a smaller light inside, probably just an oil lamp, but after a few circles of the small farmhouse, she feels relatively confident that there are four others inside. Based on their arrangement, the one in a room by himself seems most likely to be Boris, but she can't make out enough detail to be absolutely certain.
Vivid wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:14 pm She'll share the information with the others.
"If you are sure in your stealth then please do, check the lone figure Lady Moira told us of." Lloyd says.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

The hunters go about enacting their plan with Lloyd sneaking to the far side of the farmhouse with one of Moira's bears, giving the house a fair berth to avoid raising suspicions. Watching from the original lookout, the others await with baited breath, observing for any sign of alarm from the farm house, but when Lloyd returns and no alarm has been raised, even with a haunt being spawned and swiftly dispatched. Everyone can let out a breath.

So far, so good, and all that's left is for Moira to get her Bearrage to make some noise and the group to take advantage of the (hopefully successful) diversion.
Last edited by Gunmetal_Rainbow on Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

The bear is opposite the side on which the Hunters want to sneak up on (we want to be on the side with the lone Boris. It roars and stomps around.
As Intimidation is based off strength, I believe the bear has 9 dice.
intimidation: 9D6 = [2, 1, 4, 6, 4, 4, 5, 3, 3] = 32
2 successes, though if it might have advantage because it's dark and scarier and our world has devourers in it, 5
She signals the others should probably go.

She waits and watches and when the time comes to rejoin the others the raptor will descend and she'll appear next to it.