Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"I don't much like guard lockups and... uh, come get me?" Dog responds, somewhat confused by the last question.

"If you really are planning to go directly from there to wherever else I can just hang out nearby. I need to do some shopping anyways," He winces and touches his head gingerly, "I'm tired of sun burning my skull and blinding me, I need to buy a hat."

He sighs, "Damn shame we couldn't skin those crocodiles. Those would have made a mighty fine hat."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"I doubt they'll let a bear threaten their prisoners. But maybe. And yeah, you should probably be nearby. We'll already have delayed an evening. We'll want to jump on the information we learn." Moira says.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Finishing out the night:

Anyone who stayed the night at the guildhall would have enjoyed a very hearty and flavorful caserole as promised, and the beds, while not extravagant, are at least clean and softer than a bedroll in the back of a wagon you'd come to become used to in the weeks you travelled with Indius and his caravan.

The following day:

It rained during the night, so everything has a clean-yet-rusty kind of smell one comes to expect in a working city like Sepulcur. The morning is blue skies with clouds, promising to be a nice day. Perfect if you may be traveling out of the city to a bandit camp. But first, your group had planned to head to the guard station.

Besides that, Bookkeeper Arin informs you breakfast can be made available for your group before you set out if you like. Standard fare; eggs, bacon, sausage and hashbrowns, but you are by no means obligated.

Regardless, when you arrive at the guard dtation, it is bustling with actvitiy in preparation for a shift change, guards gearing up, checking equipment, chatting and catching some quick, last minute breakfast.
As a reminder, since Dog mentioned he didn't care to go in but may stay near by, Stonecutter Square is a short walk from the station, so might be a reasonable place to hang out and wait, maybe get some coffee or vendor food. Stalls are a little sluggish in opening up, but no merchant will turn away the opportunity to make a quick, early-day silver.

In any case, post away, just let me know what you want to do and if you think you may need to spend some silver.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

The prepared breakfast was much better than what they'd had for morning meals while part of the caravan and Lloyd partook mightily. He was still wiping grease from his fingers onto his pants when they entered the guard station. He walks up to what passes for a reception desk.

"Hello, we captured two arsonists yesterday. We have writ authorizing we speak to them again so we can assist." Lloyd says, nodding to whoever among them was carrying the Guildmaster's letter of Authority.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog enjoyed the guildhall, but he still snuck out during the night. Stuffing his equipment and weapons in the room they provided he walked back out into the night to find a dive bar in a rough side of the city.

Walking around with a shiny gold sword would just invite too much attention. Too many people would want it, guards would notice it, criminals would notice it. The ability to summon his weapons was a god send. Always on hand, but never drawing attention.

The bar was easy enough. Had he been looking for specific information he'd have been worried about the local forces behind the scenes taking notice of a new guy asking too many questions. But Dog was just curious to know about the city, and finding out about the city was easy. Get people talking, and then let them bitch about things in their lives. How the government was screwing up, how the rich were being asshats, how the guard weren't doing their jobs, and then just listen to the details in between.

Sure, the next morning was a little harsh and bright, and between the wet walk home and the hangover the next morning, he was starting to wonder how wise his plan was.

On the other hand he'd been sleeping on the ground for weeks, and if he didn't have some fun now he'd regret it when he was sleeping in a ditch somewhere.

Watching the others walk into the Guard Station, he makes his way down to Stonecutter Square and does a little wandering and window shopping.

Sure he was a legitimate mercenary now, but why risk running into somebody who recognized him? Besides, he wasn't kidding, his skull was getting sunburned, he needed a good hat.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura sat cross-legged on the bed, looking over her old notes from the healer's school she attended back home years ago.

She was trying to resolve a balancing act : Chelydra can heal, but has a fair risk of summoning haunts. And the more advanced healing she could do with it have an even GREATER chance of summoning haunts; with her luck, she'd call up Abominations on a regular basis. But apparently there was no skill she could improve to reduce the odds; it could only be improved by increasing mental flexibility or raw cunning.

Whereas mundane healing gave greater results with greater skill, with no chance of summoning unwanted critters. But only as long as she had a med kit. Which had limited supplies.

So far, the best idea Sashura had was to be good at both, and not worry about which one was the 'main' or the 'backup'.

She took a deep breath to center herself before going to bed. There was a scent in the air - it was going to rain within an hour. She knew that from the bitter experience of getting caught in the rain miles from shelter when she paid no heed to the signs when she was younger.

The next morning's breakfast was good (better than she'd had on occassion), and she noticed that Dog had left during the night.

"We can always find him later."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira had Bearrage in raptor form hanging around outside the Watch house in case the bandits staged a rescue for their companions. It was to watch for any unusual activity or listen for glass breaking. There was a chance she wouldn't be able to hear its warning cries or that it wouldn't be able to hear her whistled commands but she didn't think the Guard would let Wielders bear their Weapons inside the station no matter what the Guildmaster's letter on their behalf said. Doubly so for ANYONE carrying an assault rifle in the precinct.

After the intrdoction Moira stepped up, taking the Letter from a pouch. She smiles as she presents it to the guardsman at the desk. "Yes, I believe this is addressed to your Captain. We're here to help, as my companion said."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

It was a pleasant experience having a touch of privacy after weeks of near-communal living. Just herself and her own thoughts for a change of pace. Try as she might, sometimes her magic acted seemingly of it's own volition to leach the very edges of her companions dueeing the dead of night. Perhaps it had something to do with the nature of dreams.

She was more relaxed during their morning meal even if she had little to offer by way of actual conversation, spending much the time running a whetstone over Gemini's cutting edge. There was something therapeutic about it even when the act offered little to a bond weapon's actual maitenence. It was, overall, a pleasant experience which left her in a good mood even durring their walk to the guard station sans Dog.

"Y-yes. If there's any need to... Interogate the men, I'm more then capable to assist." She hesitantly offered.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The guard at the guard station entryway sits behind a mound of paperwork. Reports most likely being filed or prepared to be files. She appraises the group and accepts the letter Moira hands her, turning it over as she examines it thoughtfully. "Wait here a moment please. I'll fetch guard captain Hopps." At which, she stands and moves further into the guard station, leaving the group at the entry way for several minute, returning with a large, bald man sporting a rather large, sandy-colored handlebar mustache that could be described as nothing short of magnificent, that if one were to hazard a guess, is a point of pride for the man. Despite the hour, he is also carrying a glass of whisky. This must be Guard Captain Hopps.

Standing about six foot three and packed with muscle, he towers, even when he's not the tallest in a room. He appraises the group briefly.When he speaks, his voice is loud, accustomed to shouting orders, but also clear, easy to understand despite the volume. If not for his language, he'd make a good speaker. "Well, you lot are the ones what handled those damn arsonists eh? And you think you've got a writ authorizing you to come into MY station house and have your way with them? You listen good, I'm the only one who authorizes things around here, understood? That shitty little "writ" of yours is nothing more than Sandra requesting that I authorize your access to the prisoners before they are transferred out. Fortunate for you I have a great deal of respect for a woman who will give her arm to the cause and keep giving even after." it's easy enough to tell he means that last bit sincerely. He does respect Sandra a great deal, probably one of the few people he truely respects fully

Eyeing the group down with a piercing, intense stare to make sure they got the message, he turns on his heel. "Follow me. I havn't all bloody day to babysit while you question my prisoners." He leads the four of you to the lockup, a set of temporary holding cells where criminals are brought to await transfer and drunks are brought to sleep the drink off. The two arsonists are there in separate cells, treated for the wounds Moira inflicted. Hopps nods to the guard stationed in the lockup who brings Hopps the cell keys.

"Alright. It's your show wielders. How do you want to handle these shits?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"We should try fir a more... Traditional method initially. Poke at them, discover the things they're willing to talk about and what they're not. If at the end their answers seem unsatisfactory or doubtful, then I can..." Ericka briefly trails off, absently brushing her left forearm. "Clarify things."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Great! Makes sense. You're still our best talker, Erika. Too bad Dog didn't come; we could've used his intimidating ways."

"Captain, can we separate the two of them? Talk to them individually? Perhaps in another room? We can start with..." Moira points to the one who seemed like he wanted to tell them things before he was berated by his companion.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Speaking of Dog, he finds the Square bustling with people, both pedestrian and merchant, eitheroving through likely on their way to work, or setting up shop for the day.

As before, there are numerous stalls selling all manner of wares, so finding a merchant selling a simple hat to keep the sun off would be easy enough for an asking price of 4 silver.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"Moira and Ericka can talk to that man in other room. Sashura and I can stay here with this man. Ask questions." Lloyd offers. "Sound good?"

he steps closer to Sashura, "Do you have your familiar?" he asks the lance-woman in a whisper.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

"Well, of course I do." Sashura replied just as quietly, "It would not be wise to leave it alone, unattended, for long periods of time.

You have something 'interesting' in mind for it to do ?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"Give this man something to fear, more than his leader." Lloyd says quietly. "If the Captain will let the ruse happen."