Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"He sounds like a weilder," Ericka mumbled, cusping her chin contemplateivly. It wouldn't be the first time one rose the ranks in the criminal underworld, she could already personally attest. It certainly wouldn't be the last either.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura quirked an eyebrow at Lloyd - she didn't think there was much she could add to THAT intimidation attempt.

But there was no harm in trying ...

She whistled and tapped her shoulder twice - the Haunt she'd 'captured' sort of oozed out of her backpack and came to rest where she indicated.

"I don't know about this." she stated to Lloyd, "Having it retrieve items, attack annoying twits or causing mayhem amongst your enemies is one thing. Calling one off once inside someone's head and possessing them ? That - is another ! Not sure if anyone's even tried something like that before.

Oh well - no other way to learn how to recall a tamed Haunt than practice !"
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"Sounds interesting, thanks. Where would I find this armorer?" he asks.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Ron sweats as he looks between the two wielders. "You two are nuts!" he looks over towards where Hopps is leaning against the desk, observing, but seems to be entirely disinterested in getting any further involved than letting you four in here.

"Look, you damn psychopaths. I don't got no love for this new boss, but hey, maybe you do me a favor and go off each other, yeah? Long as I'm in here, he can't get to me. But I can't tell you much, Boris, just just, up and shows up outta nowhere, torches the hideout like it's his to do with and just kinda takes over after Hoggweiss gets torched with the place." Ron has a look of fear in his eyes that reaches deeper than Lloyd's impressive showing. This man is a hardened thug, a criminal who has robbed people, beaten people, but he speaks as though he was present when Hoggweiss was burned to death with the hideout, witness to Boris' display of utter cruelty.

"The hideout's just some old farmhouse outside'a the city. Kinda hard to sneak up on if that's what you were hoping. Big fields on all sides. You'll know the place when you smell burning wood and flesh. Boris keeps lookouts, but frankly we're all terrified of the guy. A few tried to gank him y'know? Take him by surprise with the business end of a pig sticker? For what good it did, those lads got staked and lit up. He's ruthless." Ron looks like he's thinking frantically, and like such a thing does not come naturally to him. "Look, if it were me, I'd move in at night. The lookouts ain't tightly placed, so you could probably slip by'em if you were careful. Coin toss whether they'd turn a blind eye hoping you'll off Boris or turn you in outta fear of the man though, so I wouldn't count on it."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

"It's not far. Head out of the Square by the general goods store over there." Hans points. "Take that road up three blocks and go right one, then left two more. Should find yourself in a steelworks complex, armorers, smiths and the like. The one you're looking for has an armored helm-shaped sign with the visor shaped like a hammer. Ol' Thorson's a tough old thorn in the boot, but you seem like you won't have too much trouble with him. If you see a young lass minding the forge, that'd be his daughter Franny. Mind yer manners with her if you want ol' Thornson to help you out. He's a mite bit protective, even if she's plenty capable on her own right."

The way he talks, it sounds like Hans and Thorson go back a ways, family friends perhaps. Either way, he seems to know him well enough to speak so confidently on the matter.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

"How long ago did he take over and did he say where he was from?" Lloyd asks.

"How many are left in your gang and what weapons might we face? Firearms? Bows?" Their plan of attack would be different if they were facing weapons like that.

"Are there signals like whistles or hand signs you have to identify each other in the dark?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Is it like his axes are on fire, or are they just glowing hot like he just took them out of a forge?" Moira probes. "What's the mechanism of him 'burning people'." she asks.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ron scoffs at Lloyd "Look man, wanna know how long it's been? Look at the papers, when the arsons started. It's not difficult mental arithmatic. As for the rest, I've been here lighting shit on fire. How am I gonna know what things look like back at the hideout? Do you really think we're THAT well trained and organized?" to be fair, Lloyd is giving them a fair bit of credit.

Over in the store room... "Never said his axes were on fire, just wicked-looking. Like the blades are all jacked and jagged, and he usually just throws them on a campfire, or ties them to a stake in the ground, rubs some cooking grease on them and lights them on fire with a torch. Makes a big spectacle of it too like it's some kinda religious thing. He looks...i dunno, unnatural...but I don't think he's a wielder like you folk..."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira makes a placating gesture, "My mistake. That sounds horrible. Who's left in your gang? Do you have names, maybe how they're armed?" Moira asks.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The bandit shakes his head. "Sorry...besides Boris, I ain't keen to sell out my buddies there. Shoot my other leg if you gotta, but you ain't getting any other names. We got weapons, sure, but sure as hell don't know whose holding what."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"If we had names at least it'd be easier to convince them to stay out of our fight with Boris, don't you think? You don't want that madman ordering them to throw their lives away for his sake, do you?" Moira chides.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"Give us a description of Boris so we know we got the right guy." Lloyd says his patience wearing thin.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ron's eyes narrow, not in regard to Lloyd, but in remembering Boris' appearance. "His looks like some kinda cracked, dark stone and his eyes look like they are on fire inside. Just look for the arsehole carrying a pair of jacked up axes and looks like some kind of moving stone carving. You can't miss 'im. Ain't nobody else that looks even remotely like that."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd purses his lips. "Does he possess one or more sets of horns?" he asks, dreading the answer.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ron shakes his head. "Kinda something to lead on don't you think? Guy having horns ain't exactly an everyday occurence."