Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

I think we're just waiting on Ericka/Moira group to finish up with any more questions or confirm they are done. It seems Dog is going to wait for the group before progressing his hat quest.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

To be honest I wasn't sure how long they were going to be, so plan A was they come with, plan B was to leave a note tied to Bird-Bearrage letting them know where he'd gone ;~)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Been a few days. Everyone good?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sorry about that.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Just gonna say, it will take multiple uses of thought stealing to get anything like a comprehensive list of names and descriptions of the other bandits.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Then we should just go one then.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Are we waiting on me for anything? Seemed like you guys were going to discuss your next step.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry, that one is on me. Last week was bad.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Unless there are any objections, I'll move us along to the Smith after I get off work.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Sorry, yesterday ended up being a gong show. Today was much better.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Just clarification; Thorson is an armorer specifically, not a blacksmith, and certainly not a bulletsmith. You certainly can find either of those in the same general vecinity though if you wanted to find bullets or other metal tools/items or weapons.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd will let Dog speak to the armorer first.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

So a little meta info on the rewards you're being offered.

Moira's being offered a magazine AP Shells. They ignore a point of Armor. I'll have to add a price to them beyond that magazine, but that first 30 shots would be essentially free as the reward for doing the task. Just go out and shoot deceivers and return to let Rudolph know how it went. There are possible bonuses to this task depending how extra you want to go with it (bringing back harvested parts we can say are more specifically hides around the area you shot would be a good example of 'extra'), but the bare minimum is find a deceiver, shoot it with the AP rounds and report back.

The others in the armorers, he's basically offering to upgrade all your current armor to Fine, which grants a 1 to all resistance types, which depending how much armor you have, can add up. With the new materials, he'll also be capable of crafting fire armor regularly, but as the people who made it possible, he'll sell you fine armor at base armor prices. (ostensibly a 50 silver discount per item). He also hinted one of you could date his daughter. xD She did not take terribly well to that, but also doesn't seem entirely against it, since she's more embarrassed than angry.

If anyone else wants to venture out and seek a different task for a different kind of reward than those two, feel free.

Vivid, there are definately places that can do the mods you are looking for, but even the most basic takes a day unless you find someone of greater skill, and even then, there is still only so much that can be done in a sigle afternoon before you head out to the farm.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

ALSO!

I wanted to try out a few homebrew ideas, see how they work out. They are new actions which should work out more beneficially to you guys, it's more a question of if it's "too good". I'm also adding an adjustment to the Recovery action which will also work with two of these new actions as they are incorporating Recovery as part of them. Overall, the point is the make Recovery a little friendlier / accessable.

I'll also post these in the first post where I have all the other rules, under it's own header of Homebrew.

Code: Select all

Focus (Free Action): Gain 1 AT.

Brace (Action, 0AT): Recover but at disadvantage (1 + Successes of 6+). On the next enemy phase, roll all defense rolls at
 advantage.

Recovery Run (Action, 0AT): Recover but at disadvantage (Successes of 6+ only), and Move up to your Agility-1 in hexes.

Code: Select all

When using iterative Recovery actions, add 1 to the free AT you get. For example, the first time you Recover it is
 1+Successes, the next time is 2+Successes and so on. (For Recovery Run, start at 0, but the second time you use
  Recovery run in a row, it becomes 1+Successes)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Do we still roll recovery as normal on the first round?
"Something pithy this way comes."